View Poll Results: Whos the pick now

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mark Andrews - TE. OK. AZ kid. Top TE in the draft. Elite blocker. Good receiver. Safe pick.

0 0%
  • Josh Jackson - CB. Iowa. Long and lean. Arguably the #1 CB in the draft. A++ balls skills (8 INTs)

8 57.14%
  • Denzel Ward - CB. Ohio State. "Elite CB factory" school. Pre-injury Tyrann-esque. Low bust risk.

1 7.14%
  • Calvin Ridley - WR. BAMA. One of the top 2 WRs in the draft.

2 14.29%
  • Courtland Sutton - WR. SMU. The other top WR. Chefs choice.

0 0%
  • Billy Price - C. Ohio State. #1 C in the draft by a mile. Also can play G.

0 0%
  • Connor Williams - T. Texas. Bulldozer. Likely RTOTF.

2 14.29%
  • Orlando Brown -T/G. OK. 50/50. Might be best OL in Cards history. Might be Levi. No risk it, no b..

0 0%
  • Da'Ron Payne - DT. BAMA. Defensive MVP of Nat'l Champ. Standard 'top BAMA' DT.

1 7.14%
  • Chrisitan Wilkins - DT. Clemson. Best passing rushing DT. Questionable work ethic

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *Thursday 2018 Draft Topic of the Day*

Mocks are going to change a lot after the combine, but in quite a few, Ridley, Jackson and Wilkins are slotted after pic 19 or 20. (most likely because it's such a QB heavy draft.)

We have no shot at Rosen or Darnold. If we get Keenum, and sign someone like Norwell with the Cap savings, I'd bet money we trade back from spot 15. I see us trading back to spot 20-24, grabbing the BPA of Ridley/Ward/Jackson/Wilkins, and then trading back up to the top of the second round. Or maybe even the end of the first. Between Mayfield, Jackson, or Allen, one of those QB's is going to slide.

Quote Originally Posted by rwatson1 View Post
    Mocks are going to change a lot after the combine, but in quite a few, Ridley, Jackson and Wilkins are slotted after pic 19 or 20. (most likely because it's such a QB heavy draft.)

We have no shot at Rosen or Darnold. If we get Keenum, and sign someone like Norwell with the Cap savings, I'd bet money we trade back from spot 15. I see us trading back to spot 20-24, grabbing the BPA of Ridley/Ward/Jackson/Wilkins, and then trading back up to the top of the second round. Or maybe even the end of the first. Between Mayfield, Jackson, or Allen, one of those QB's is going to slide.
    I will guarantee it, if we see our QBOTF in that second tier of QB's we will trade back in to the first round and take them, that 5th year option is worth its weight in gold.

Saying that I did a mock draft on fanspeak yesterday for giggles with their updated big board and took Rudolph in the third. It panned out

Rd1) Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame
    Rd2) Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahome
    Rd3) Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State
    Rd3) Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, Indiana
    Rd4) Frank Ragnow, C, Arkansas
    Rd5) Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa
    Rd5) M.J Stewart, CB, North Carolina

I would be pretty happy if that panned out.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOna_Style View Post
    If the QB is dealt with like the OP suggests them we need to take Calvin Ridley.
    I think you have to go oline or get the best Wr if you can. I think if you do best player available I would consider defense. The offense is the focus for me and the oline I think we absolutely have to get better on.

Unless a Qb falls to SK that he covets wait for a later round to go Qb.

Kyle, I think your draft is a pipe dream. Nelson isn't going to be there at 15. Rudolph won't make it out of the top of the 2nd round. More like the Cards trade up into
    the end of the 1st to get him.

To the guy who has Mayfield sliding till the end of round 1. Never happen. He will be gone before the Cards draft at 15. He may be the next Wentz, and better than Goff or Bortles coming out of college.

Mayfield is the QB I want the cards to hitch their wagon to.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Kyle, I think your draft is a pipe dream.
    Well yeah it was a pretty good draft but it's not like I did it all to favor the Cardinals, I just used https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/.

There is a long way between now and the draft. We still have the senior bowl, combine and a whole raft of pro days to go through. People high on peoples boards will drop, sleepers will rise etc etc. Prime example will be Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield in this draft. Allen will get measured at 6'5, 240, 9' 1/4+ hands and will show off his arm strength and they will interview him and fall in love with him because he is also a great kid by all accounts. I am pretty certain someone will bite the bait and take him in the top 5. Then you will Baker Mayfield who will measure at 5'11, 215, 9' hands and will throw the ball and show decent arm strength but he will slide down peoples board because historically those types of guys don't succeed in the NFL.

It takes a brave GM to draft a QB in round 1 who doesn't fit the mould because the red flags are already there and people will ask they did you ignore them. And lets be honest when you draft a franchise QB, your job is on the line and not many fired NFL GM's get second chances.