Thread: Vic Fangio for DC?

Default Vic Fangio for DC?

@mikejurecki
    11h11 hours ago
    More
    #AZCardinals DC James Bettcher still in play with Chicago. #Bears DC Vic Fangio will likely follow Pat Shurmur wherever he lands.

So if we end up going with Shurmur we could end up with Fangio as our DC. I mean in my mind that is an upgrade at the coordinator position. I have not been the biggest Bettcher fan but I think he has definitely improved especially over the last couple weeks of this season and at the least should be a good coordinator for a long in the NFL. But Fangio to me is a top 5 DC in the NFL and would be a great get if we go with Shurmur.
    Follow me on twitter boys and girls @stephen_harlan

Quote Originally Posted by JamArtist View Post
    @mikejurecki
    11h11 hours ago
    More
    #AZCardinals DC James Bettcher still in play with Chicago. #Bears DC Vic Fangio will likely follow Pat Shurmur wherever he lands.

So if we end up going with Shurmur we could end up with Fangio as our DC. I mean in my mind that is an upgrade at the coordinator position. I have not been the biggest Bettcher fan but I think he has definitely improved especially over the last couple weeks of this season and at the least should be a good coordinator for a long in the NFL. But Fangio to me is a top 5 DC in the NFL and would be a great get if we go with Shurmur.
    John Clayton on 98.7 this morning says his reading of things is Shurmur is the leader but Wilks is a close 2nd for HC. BTW: Bears pressing Fangio hard to resign with them so the longer he waits gives a clue that he will probably be following Shurmur. Jurecki tweeted this AM about Fangio and that Boettcher would then probably go to the Bears... https://twitter.com/mikejurecki/stat...57592958337025

BTW: John Clayton does not think Vikings would use $23M on cap to franchise Keenum when they like Bridgewater. It is not a guarantee but likely Keenum would follow Shurmur.

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    John Clayton on 98.7 this morning says his reading of things is Shurmur is the leader but Wilks is a close 2nd for HC. BTW: Bears pressing Fangio hard to resign with them so the longer he waits gives a clue that he will probably be following Shurmur. Jurecki tweeted this AM about Fangio and that Boettcher would then probably go to the Bears... https://twitter.com/mikejurecki/stat...57592958337025

BTW: John Clayton does not think Vikings would use $23M on cap to franchise Keenum when they like Bridgewater. It is not a guarantee but likely Keenum would follow Shurmur.
    Good stuff thanks for the info

The problem with coordinators, especially good ones, is that you lose them every 2 years.

Dom Capers was the Packers DC for 9 years
    Dick Lebeau was the Settlers DC for 10 years

It would just be nice to have a constant coach every year. Build up that chemistry. Rather than a new OCs/DCs and new schemes and systems guys have to learn.

IMO, I know being a HC is the dream for everybody, but if youre a good coordinator, you can hold down a comfy job for a very long time. Dont gotta move. Uproot the family. Sounds nice.

Back with the Bears