Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Josh Allen - Kyle Boller or Ben Roethlisberger

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,286

    Default Josh Allen - Kyle Boller or Ben Roethlisberger

    WF has a detailed player analysis today on Josh Allen -- thought it might be an interesting read as we wait for the coach hire and the draft -

    http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018jallen.php

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wallingford, CT
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Josh Allen completed 56% of his passes in college. I keep hearing that he has bad talent around him which is I am sure very true but he also isn't playing against elite defensive competition either. I have seen it time and time again here in Arizona you cannot teach accuracy. You either have it or you don't. I would be willing to bet a generous sum of money that Allen will be a bust wherever he goes.
    Follow me on twitter boys and girls @stephen_harlan

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,946

    Default

    I am VERY Bullish on Allen, think he can develop into a STUD. If he lasted to 15, highly doubtful, we should snag him up!!!

    He will probably go top 5 though.
    CP3 in AZ baby!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,790

    Default

    I can see him going top 5 or dropping like a stone. I think if he falls to us we can't pass on him. High risk/reward pick. I wouldn't make a huge trade up for him.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,057

    Default

    1st rounders with comparable numbers to Allen



    Do not want

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,589

    Default

    Accuracy is the #1 QB killer...it's kryptonite.

    Study every single throw he has made and see if his 56% is real or not. If it is, no go.
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    The thing I don't like about Allen is his accuracy issues. I don't think you can take a 56 percent completion QB in college and make him accurate enough for the NFL. He might get up to 60 or 62 percent, but I don't think that is good enough in this day and age for a super bowl winning QB. I'd rather have Mayfield. That kid is just accurate. Over 70 percent for the last 2 years. That type of accuracy you just can't teach. You either have that or you don't.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    The thing I don't like about Allen is his accuracy issues. I don't think you can take a 56 percent completion QB in college and make him accurate enough for the NFL. He might get up to 60 or 62 percent, but I don't think that is good enough in this day and age for a super bowl winning QB. I'd rather have Mayfield. That kid is just accurate. Over 70 percent for the last 2 years. That type of accuracy you just can't teach. You either have that or you don't.
    Yep. And, I'd also be cautious of Mayfield's numbers until I watched every single college throw and take out the throws where the receiver is behind the line of scrimmage or running 5 yards open. I'm not saying he has a lot of those, but I'm saying those don't count.

    John Skelton had amazing arm talent...threw a beautiful deep ball...seriously...just couldn't hit a billboard and we know how that turned out. Gabbert is seemingly in the same category.

    There is nothing more frustrating than having a play work as designed and then seeing the QB miss the throw. It's a killer.
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OJ Anderson View Post
    Yep. And, I'd also be cautious of Mayfield's numbers until I watched every single college throw and take out the throws where the receiver is behind the line of scrimmage or running 5 yards open. I'm not saying he has a lot of those, but I'm saying those don't count.

    John Skelton had amazing arm talent...threw a beautiful deep ball...seriously...just couldn't hit a billboard and we know how that turned out. Gabbert is seemingly in the same category.

    There is nothing more frustrating than having a play work as designed and then seeing the QB miss the throw. It's a killer.
    I remember a game, pretty sure it was a Carolina game, where John Skelton tried to hit Larry WIDE OPEN in the endzone. Probably the easiest throw in the world since it was Larry there. John through the ball so hard and was like 30 feet off. It was horrible. The best was the cameras zoomed in on Larry and he was seriously dumbfounded. It was epic and horrible all at the same time. Skelton sucked. lol.

    Wasnt also Skelton that tried to throw it away one time and threw it too close to the sideline for a pick? LOL...Oh Man the Kolb Skelton Hall days were bad. We should have just rolled with Leinart that year.
    CP3 in AZ baby!!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lacardsfan View Post
    I remember a game, pretty sure it was a Carolina game, where John Skelton tried to hit Larry WIDE OPEN in the endzone. Probably the easiest throw in the world since it was Larry there. John through the ball so hard and was like 30 feet off. It was horrible. The best was the cameras zoomed in on Larry and he was seriously dumbfounded. It was epic and horrible all at the same time. Skelton sucked. lol.

    Wasnt also Skelton that tried to throw it away one time and threw it too close to the sideline for a pick? LOL...Oh Man the Kolb Skelton Hall days were bad. We should have just rolled with Leinart that year.
    Wow my memory was bad, it was a Falcons game and the ball was closer than I had remembered. Okay Ill admit I was a little hard on Skelton the ball was only 5-10 feet away from Larry.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5stKGEo84g
    CP3 in AZ baby!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •