Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Josh Allen - Kyle Boller or Ben Roethlisberger

Default Josh Allen - Kyle Boller or Ben Roethlisberger

WF has a detailed player analysis today on Josh Allen -- thought it might be an interesting read as we wait for the coach hire and the draft -

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018jallen.php

Josh Allen completed 56% of his passes in college. I keep hearing that he has bad talent around him which is I am sure very true but he also isn't playing against elite defensive competition either. I have seen it time and time again here in Arizona you cannot teach accuracy. You either have it or you don't. I would be willing to bet a generous sum of money that Allen will be a bust wherever he goes.
    Follow me on twitter boys and girls @stephen_harlan

I am VERY Bullish on Allen, think he can develop into a STUD. If he lasted to 15, highly doubtful, we should snag him up!!!

He will probably go top 5 though.
    CP3 in AZ baby!!!

I can see him going top 5 or dropping like a stone. I think if he falls to us we can't pass on him. High risk/reward pick. I wouldn't make a huge trade up for him.

1st rounders with comparable numbers to Allen

Do not want

Accuracy is the #1 QB killer...it's kryptonite.

Study every single throw he has made and see if his 56% is real or not. If it is, no go.
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

The thing I don't like about Allen is his accuracy issues. I don't think you can take a 56 percent completion QB in college and make him accurate enough for the NFL. He might get up to 60 or 62 percent, but I don't think that is good enough in this day and age for a super bowl winning QB. I'd rather have Mayfield. That kid is just accurate. Over 70 percent for the last 2 years. That type of accuracy you just can't teach. You either have that or you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    The thing I don't like about Allen is his accuracy issues. I don't think you can take a 56 percent completion QB in college and make him accurate enough for the NFL. He might get up to 60 or 62 percent, but I don't think that is good enough in this day and age for a super bowl winning QB. I'd rather have Mayfield. That kid is just accurate. Over 70 percent for the last 2 years. That type of accuracy you just can't teach. You either have that or you don't.
    Yep. And, I'd also be cautious of Mayfield's numbers until I watched every single college throw and take out the throws where the receiver is behind the line of scrimmage or running 5 yards open. I'm not saying he has a lot of those, but I'm saying those don't count.

John Skelton had amazing arm talent...threw a beautiful deep ball...seriously...just couldn't hit a billboard and we know how that turned out. Gabbert is seemingly in the same category.

There is nothing more frustrating than having a play work as designed and then seeing the QB miss the throw. It's a killer.
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

Quote Originally Posted by OJ Anderson View Post
    Yep. And, I'd also be cautious of Mayfield's numbers until I watched every single college throw and take out the throws where the receiver is behind the line of scrimmage or running 5 yards open. I'm not saying he has a lot of those, but I'm saying those don't count.

John Skelton had amazing arm talent...threw a beautiful deep ball...seriously...just couldn't hit a billboard and we know how that turned out. Gabbert is seemingly in the same category.

There is nothing more frustrating than having a play work as designed and then seeing the QB miss the throw. It's a killer.
    I remember a game, pretty sure it was a Carolina game, where John Skelton tried to hit Larry WIDE OPEN in the endzone. Probably the easiest throw in the world since it was Larry there. John through the ball so hard and was like 30 feet off. It was horrible. The best was the cameras zoomed in on Larry and he was seriously dumbfounded. It was epic and horrible all at the same time. Skelton sucked. lol.

Wasnt also Skelton that tried to throw it away one time and threw it too close to the sideline for a pick? LOL...Oh Man the Kolb Skelton Hall days were bad. We should have just rolled with Leinart that year.
    CP3 in AZ baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lacardsfan View Post
    I remember a game, pretty sure it was a Carolina game, where John Skelton tried to hit Larry WIDE OPEN in the endzone. Probably the easiest throw in the world since it was Larry there. John through the ball so hard and was like 30 feet off. It was horrible. The best was the cameras zoomed in on Larry and he was seriously dumbfounded. It was epic and horrible all at the same time. Skelton sucked. lol.

Wasnt also Skelton that tried to throw it away one time and threw it too close to the sideline for a pick? LOL...Oh Man the Kolb Skelton Hall days were bad. We should have just rolled with Leinart that year.
    Wow my memory was bad, it was a Falcons game and the ball was closer than I had remembered. Okay Ill admit I was a little hard on Skelton the ball was only 5-10 feet away from Larry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5stKGEo84g
    CP3 in AZ baby!!!