View Poll Results: Shurmur or Wilks

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shurmur

    23 57.50%
  • Wilks

    17 42.50%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 71

Thread: The Frontrunners Poll: Wilks - Shurmur

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,943

    Default The Frontrunners Poll: Wilks - Shurmur

    I dont think any of us really know who the frontrunners are for the position. But the two names that keep coming up in the media are Shurmur and Wilks. I like both. Really this poll can be summed up as do you want an offensive mind or a defensive mind.

    Me personally I LOVE have Wilks talks Xs and Os. He seems to really command the room and demand respect. I am tired of Offensive Coaches calling plays. I want a Defensive mind that can give that part of the game over to an Offensive Coordinator.

    My pick is Wilks. What does the rest of the board say?
    CP3 in AZ baby!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wallingford, CT
    Posts
    937

    Default

    Definitely Shurmur.

    Bombed as coach of the Browns but so has everyone else who has coached there. Great with QB's and not just top 5 guys (see Case Keenum, Bradford, Foles). I think he will be flexible and adapt to our offensive personnel and have faith he can help develop a long term QB here. My concern with Wilks would be who is he bringing as his OC?
    Follow me on twitter boys and girls @stephen_harlan

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JamArtist View Post
    Definitely Shurmur.

    Bombed as coach of the Browns but so has everyone else who has coached there. Great with QB's and not just top 5 guys (see Case Keenum, Bradford, Foles). I think he will be flexible and adapt to our offensive personnel and have faith he can help develop a long term QB here. My concern with Wilks would be who is he bringing as his OC?
    Eagles QB coach
    "It's OUR Time"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,271

    Default

    Shurmur is the safe bet but Wilks is the boom or bust pick (risk it no biscuit?)

    I feel like he has an "It" factor as HC. If youve ever heard him speak, he just immediately fills the room with an authoritative presence. But so did Mike Singletary and he flamed out. So there is no sure thing. Wilks might be Mike Tomlin, whos not necessarily a stellar coach, but he is a commander in chief. Which is what you want your HC to be.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Shurmur is the safe bet but Wilks is the boom or bust pick (risk it no biscuit?)

    I feel like he has an "It" factor as HC. If youve ever heard him speak, he just immediately fills the room with an authoritative presence. But so did Mike Singletary and he flamed out. So there is no sure thing. Wilks might be Mike Tomlin, whos not necessarily a stellar coach, but he is a commander in chief. Which is what you want your HC to be.
    Here are some youtube videos where you can get a sense of what Zaz is saying about Wilks.

    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ry=steve+wilks
    CP3 in AZ baby!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lacardsfan View Post
    Here are some youtube videos where you can get a sense of what Zaz is saying about Wilks.

    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ry=steve+wilks


    Yep. Speaks very well.

    I dont know what it is. His cadence or tone. He just sounds like a guy in charge. To every question, he immediately has a deep, detailed answer.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,486

    Default

    I think The Cards want Shcumer and now it looks like they can try and keep Betcher as DC. I dont have a problem with that. Bettcher is a decent to good DC.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    chandler AZ
    Posts
    4,392

    Default

    I have a feeling Wilks is going to be a stud head coach. The issue though is QB. If he has no QB it wont matter.

    Want a chance to win now? Shurmur who will attract one of the Vikings QB's here.

  9. #9
    Raze's Avatar
    Raze is offline You cant handle the truth
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    I have a feeling Wilks is going to be a stud head coach. The issue though is QB. If he has no QB it wont matter.

    Want a chance to win now? Shurmur who will attract one of the Vikings QB's here.
    That's only with Shurmur as an OC. We don't have any idea what his QB will do when he's a HC. (Unless you want to look at Colt McCoy as an example. No one should.)

    And even then, I don't think it really matters who Shurmur brings in IF his QB performs the same with him as OC vs HC. He's been successful getting pretty much any QB to perform well as an OC since his Cleveland days.
    13RFoster 36CGodwin 98RDouglas 115DJohnson 157CBrantley 179XWoods 208CKelly

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Tempe
    Posts
    7,383

    Default

    Iím looking forward to this next round of playoff games. Those of us who debate whether you need a stud QB to win in the playoffs are going to get some ammo one way or the other. Four QBs who no one expected anything from this year up against Big Ben, Brady, Brees and Ryan. Canít wait to see what the Eagles coaches and Vikings coaches get from their QBs and offenses.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •