Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shurmur

23 57.50%
  • Wilks

17 42.50%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Frontrunners Poll: Wilks - Shurmur

Funny how the votes for Wilks are rapidly going up now that Keim isnt going to be able to land his guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    It may be a myth because of the Seattle SB play. I can't find it anywhere in his bio. Where?

He was the secondary coach with the Giants while holding the DC job, also coached defensive backs in New England(under Parcells) and with the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by OJ Anderson View Post
    I brought up the former OL as coach thing because OL are thought of as cerebral and also tough, therefore they should be good HC's. But it hasn't worked out that way in my memory.

Munchak may be the exception...or he may add to the trend.

The way I see it, OL coaches are focused on a narrow strip of real estate and having their guys win the line of scrimmage along with assisting in the run game. QB and DB coaches generally have to worry about the entire field and concern themselves with a whole lot more moving parts.

As a result I think you see most line coaches with that meathead 1978 approach of "we're gonna smash them in the face and run it down their throats and pass just enough to get a lead!"

Quote Originally Posted by OG Card View Post
    Funny how the votes for Wilks are rapidly going up now that Keim isnt going to be able to land his guy.
    Fans are gonna fan.

People still forget we are the Cardinals. Everyone else still remembers.
    New board come join us. http://arizonacardinals.freeforums.net/

Raze is offline You cant handle the truth

All this movement around the league. All this talk. Teams are frantic.

I absolutely love the calm coming from AZ.

To be quite honest, I'm fine with missing out on the new hires: Nagy, McDaniels, Patricia, and Shurmur. Each of these candidates have serious questions and I personally don't see anything to lament over having missed them. No one had a real shot at Harbaugh or Gruden anyway, so no miss there.

If in the end we carefully assessed the lay of the land and end up with Steve Wilks as HC and Defilippo as OC we will have done extremely well. I think he's the best candidate of the bunch anyway. (Vrabel being a close 2nd, although I don't think he's ready.)
    10 JRosen 47 CWilliams 97 MCole 134 DSchultz 182 EBrown 254 CToliver

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    All this movement around the league. All this talk. Teams are frantic.

I absolutely love the calm coming from AZ.

To be quite honest, I'm fine with missing out on the new hires: Nagy, McDaniels, Patricia, and Shurmur. Each of these candidates have serious questions and I personally don't see anything to lament over having missed them. No one had a real shot at Harbaugh or Gruden anyway, so no miss there.

If in the end we carefully assessed the lay of the land and end up with Steve Wilks as HC and Defilippo as OC we will have done extremely well. I think he's the best candidate of the bunch anyway. (Vrabel being a close 2nd, although I don't think he's ready.)

What exactly is frantic? It appears that teams are identifying and moving in on the head coaches that they want. The Titans meanwhile are conducting the same sort of interview process that Arizona did having arrived late to the game. It is all business as usual.

Meanwhile it seems that the Cards got beat out on their #1 choice in Shurmur and might potentially lose out on Wilks too if the Titans make a strong push for him.

If it comes down to Munchak vs Flores, that would be incredibly disappointing.
    Last edited by MSloan; 01-15-2018 at 07:05 PM.

A Munchak hiring will all but guarantee a Keim firing in 3 years.