40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shurmur

23 57.50%
  • Wilks

17 42.50%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Frontrunners Poll: Wilks - Shurmur

Quote Originally Posted by lacardsfan View Post
    Here are some youtube videos where you can get a sense of what Zaz is saying about Wilks.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ry=steve+wilks
    Yeah I doubt we would get any Rex Arians style garbage from Wilks about how he and other coaches are geniuses but the players just didn't execute.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Yeah I doubt we would get any Rex Arians style garbage from Wilks about how he and other coaches are geniuses but the players just didn't execute.
    "Execute" is a favorite buzz word that I hear everywhere. Makes me ponder what it really means. Assuming every player on every team in the NFL "executed" 100% of the time then the Lombardi trophy would be hoisted by the HC coach with the best game plan of the 32 NFL teams. Right? Then wouldn't it be BA every year?

I like Shurmur and think he will be able to bring in the right QB and find a good QBOF for the Cards.

Most fans will agree that the Offense is more fun to watch than the defense. But, most team building strategists agree that the Defense wins championships.

Shurmur could bring a lot of excitement.

Wilks could bring a first championship.

It's not a tough call on my preference.

Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    I would say we have better RBs and receivers in general, but a worse Oline, and Oline is more important to success for almost all QBs.
    Receivers in general? Thielen, Diggs and Rudolph are no better than out set of Fitz, erm John/Jaron Brown (one of those two is our no.2 right?) and Gresham? Yes David Johnson is better than anything they have but Cook, Murray and McKinnon are a much more balanced group than DJ, Williams and Penny/Logan (as i assume AD won't be here next year).

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    Most fans will agree that the Offense is more fun to watch than the defense. But, most team building strategists agree that the Defense wins championships.

Shurmur could bring a lot of excitement.

Wilks could bring a first championship.

It's not a tough call on my preference.

Championship.
    And I think a defensive-minded guy would be more committed to fielding an NFL-quality kicking game, and wouldn't have the arrogant mindset that his brilliant defensive mind and strategy will be more than enough to overcome a bottom-of-the-barrel kicking game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    I would say we have better RBs and receivers in general, but a worse Oline, and Oline is more important to success for almost all QBs.
    do we really have a #2 WR?

We don't have anything really at TE.

Our oline is in shambles.

And we don't have any viable QB, the toughest position in football to fill.

We're bottom of the barrel right now on offense.

ON the upside if we got Shurmer and someone like Keenum it can be fixed. Lot easier to fill in an offense around a QB then it is to get a good defense in one year.
    Last edited by AriS.; 01-14-2018 at 08:06 AM.

I think Shurmur goes to the NYG and the Cardinals pick between Brian Flores (who knew?) and Steve Wilks.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    do we really have a #2 WR?

We don't have anything really at TE.

Our oline is in shambles.

And we don't have any viable QB, the toughest position in football to fill.

We're bottom of the barrel right now on offense.

ON the upside if we got Shurmer and someone like Keenum it can be fixed. Lot easier to fill in an offense around a QB then it is to get a good defense in one year.
    I expect we find a new WR2 in free agency this year but until then in a way itís David Johnson. He was like #17 in receiving yards in 2016, including all WRs and TEs.

Minnís receivers and RBs in totality are less than ours, but yes our Oline needs work. Shambles? Any Oline with a legit L tackle could be in worse shape. I think our interior Oline is in shambles. Thatís fair but not as bad.

And of course my point was having no QB, it is most important to create a solid Oline, so a QB like Keenum or a rookie has a chance to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    I think Shurmur goes to the NYG and the Cardinals pick between Brian Flores (who knew?) and Steve Wilks.
    Shurmur's style fits more in NYG DNA than ours, IMO.

I'm wondering why Flores is getting so much run?
    If I didn't say it, it didn't need to be said.