Thread: LB R Foster & Weed

Default LB R Foster & Weed

MB and SK instincts proved correct at last year's draft.

Foster (31st pick, SF) was hit with weed possession charge in Alabama last night.

His drug test was ruled positive at the 2017 combine. Plus his mouth ran too much during an encounter with the Combine staff.

SF will miss him this next season. #2 run stopper. Impact player. But....

The League hammer is coming. Suspend 4-6 games? Year? He already was in the "program." Costly AL weed.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    MB and SK instincts proved correct at last year's draft.

Foster (31st pick, SF) was hit with weed possession charge in Alabama last night.

His drug test was ruled positive at the 2017 combine. Plus his mouth ran too much during an encounter with the Combine staff.

SF will miss him this next season. #2 run stopper. Impact player. But....

The League hammer is coming. Suspend 4-6 games? Year? He already was in the "program." Costly AL weed.
    Yep. He was by far my on the field choice for our pic...but red flags matter, especially in the first 2 or 3 rounds. You ignore them at your peril.
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

Quote Originally Posted by OJ Anderson View Post
    Yep. He was by far my on the field choice for our pic...but red flags matter, especially in the first 2 or 3 rounds. You ignore them at your peril.
    And another arrest...looks like the train-wreck is real and he will be lucky to be in the NFL in a year at this pace.
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12175/reuben-foster

I thought Foster got the message to clean up his bad behaviors at the Combine last year. Apparently he needs close oversight and help to stay away from off-field situations.

Foster has got some serious problems to work through -- outside the NFL and likely a lifetime to do it. He has multi-state charges now for drugs, domestic violence, and weapons possession.

The 49ers will be shopping for a new LB to replace Foster this spring. The team has plenty draft choices and a few dollars to chase a free agent LB.