Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Mock Draft Simulator

Raze is offline You cant handle the truth

Default 2018 Mock Draft Simulator

It's that time of year again to ruin your lives and any reasonable outlook on the potential draft. I realize nothing has settled yet as far as draft positions for playoff teams and compensatory picks, but this allows us to get some names out early so we can catch up on film on guys we haven't heard of.

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

Enjoy.

15: R1P15
    DL VITA VEA
    WASHINGTON

47: R2P15
    G ISAIAH WYNN
    GEORGIA

79: R3P15
    G WILL HERNANDEZ
    UTEP

99: R3P35
    QB RILEY FERGUSON
    MEMPHIS

135: R4P33
    CB ISAIAH OLIVER
    COLORADO

154: R5P15
    QB LOGAN WOODSIDE
    TOLEDO

178: R5P39
    TE CHRIS HERNDON
    MIAMI
    13RFoster 36CGodwin 98RDouglas 115DJohnson 157CBrantley 179XWoods 208CKelly

I went BPA at position of need. Josh Jackson and Mayfield (other QB's went early)

R1P15 - G QUENTON NELSON (NOTRE DAME)

R2P15 - QB LAMAR JACKSON (LOUISVILLE)

R3P15 - TE MARK ANDREWS (OKLAHOMA)

R3P35 - WR ANTHONY MILLER (MEMPHIS)

R4P33 - CB HOLTON HILL (TEXAS)

R5P15 - C BRADLEY BOZEMAN (ALABAMA)

R5P39 - WR JAKE WIENEKE (SOUTH DAKOTA STATE)

Holton Hill was the most intriguing name to me. He was a ballhawk at Texas that left early. (along with Malik Jefferson) I don't he will last that long since there are many who think the kid has first round talent.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...und-cornerback
    Last edited by rwatson1; 01-13-2018 at 11:25 PM.

15 Quenton Nelson, G
    47 Mark Andrews, TE
    79 Mason Rudolph, QB
    99 Simmie Cobbs Jr, WR
    135 Frank Ragnow, C
    154 Josey Jewell, ILB
    178 MJ Stewart, CB

Using the fanspeak big board and user voted team needs.

It is probably the best mock I have done so far. Nelson I'd plug in next to Hump straight away and I'd also start Ragnow at C, Boone and Veldheer can make up the right side of the line. Hopefully with a new HC and offensive scheme our TE may be more than just meat shields. Andrews is local, plus he is an excellent blocker as well as a pass catcher. Rudolph even though I am not high on him is a no brainer in round 3. Cobbs is a big WR with decent production. I am a big fan of Jewell, infact I am a big fan of Iowa players as they are tough as a hell. Jewell will never drop this far but if Buc does get cut, a partnership of Jewell and Reddick could be special and there games compliment eachother really well. Stewart may not turn out to be an elite starter but he has had a really nice career at UNC, I'd like Stewart to be our CB3 and sit behind Tramon and Pat P for a year, get involved on ST, that sort of role.

Do you guys really think Nelson will still be there at 15 and Rudolph still around in the 3rd round ? I think your dreaming on both accounts. And I want no part of Jackson unless he can play WR.

Ewwww..........gross.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Raze is offline You cant handle the truth

Actually, I have some major questions about Quenton Nelson's game. There's no doubt he's built like a stud lineman, but his execution has some holes.

Watch his game against Miami. He looks absolutely awful. If he's pitted against slower guys he's dominant (Stanford), but he gets off balance against speed (Miami). He was useless in open space. He couldn't stay on his feet. These are not the kinds of things that should show up on on film for a "lock HOF Guard". Zack Martin looked far better and he went #16.

http://draftbreakdown.com/2017/11/16...vs-miami-2017/

I'd much rather have Hernandez at 47 than Nelson at 15. (Right now I have Will Hernandez as the best natural G in this draft)

Mason Rudolph also has a ton of holes in his game (Basically anything intermediate). I agree with Kyle that it's a good idea to take a stab at him if he falls into the 3rd. He might.
    13RFoster 36CGodwin 98RDouglas 115DJohnson 157CBrantley 179XWoods 208CKelly

Sometimes it seems those that are picked from the lower parts of the draft like 3-6 end up doing well.
    April is Ready!

We need to find some guards in free agency or a trade. They don't break the
    bank and they are NFL ready. Most of the college players drafted today
    cannot block near as well as they should. I pointed this out in an article/link
    in another thread. They are poorly coached and not taught to hold blocks/ plus pass protection.
    We have had our share of failures with Robert Cooper and Dorian Johnson among others.
    I am watching an exception David DeCastro (Steelers) I liked him years ago too. But for every
    DeCastro , there are 4 to 5 failures. Not first rd this year.
    Last edited by FLCardinalFan; 01-14-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FLCardinalFan View Post
    We need to find some guards in free agency or a trade. They don't break the
    bank and they are NFL ready. Most of the college players drafted today
    cannot block near as well as they should. I pointed this out in an article/link
    in another thread. They are poorly coached and not taught to hold blocks/ plus pass protection.
    We have had our share of failures with Robert Cooper and Dorian Johnson among others.
    I am watching an exception David DeCastro (Steelers) I liked him years ago too. But for every
    DeCastro , there are 4 to 5 failures. Not first rd this year.
    I to would rather fix the oline through other means then the draft. I think you draft olineman for the future in most cases. I think they will go Wr if there is no Qb there at 15 that they wanted. There is always the BPA system lol.
    Last edited by Redbirdfan62; 01-14-2018 at 11:41 AM.

It would be interesting to hear what commenters think about the most accurate draft rankings are at Fanblast. Or where even the better ones go horribly wrong. I use the Fanblast ranking but usually wait until they offer a blended ranking and user voted needs. This your they offer a regular draft or “difficult”...anyone know what that means?