Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 144

Thread: 2018 Mock Draft Simulator

  1. #21
    Raze's Avatar
    Raze is offline You cant handle the truth
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    He also has us taking a nose tackle at 15, love to know where these guys think this stuff up.
    Vita Vea is a freak of nature. You don't pass on freaks, even if it isn't a pressing need. Every mock draft I've looked at so far, he is the most tempting to take at #15. Maurice Hurst is another to consider. I'm not sure yet who I like better, but I'm leaning Vea.
    13RFoster 36CGodwin 98RDouglas 115DJohnson 157CBrantley 179XWoods 208CKelly

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    5,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    Vita Vea is a freak of nature. You don't pass on freaks, even if it isn't a pressing need. Every mock draft I've looked at so far, he is the most tempting to take at #15. Maurice Hurst is another to consider. I'm not sure yet who I like better, but I'm leaning Vea.
    V2 is certainly generating lots of Draft hype. And it's only January!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,082

    Default

    I cant do the fanspeak mock draft sims anymore.



    At this point, what happens EVERYTIME, is I start the sim, its gets to AZs pick, and I see 2 guys who will 100% NOT be available when we pick in the 2018 draft. So the entire sim is then worthless. Im not going to waste my time on a bad sim that doesnt rank guys correctly.


    *Starts Sim*

    Pick #15. Saquon Barkley is available.

    *closes sim*

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    Vita Vea is a freak of nature. You don't pass on freaks, even if it isn't a pressing need. Every mock draft I've looked at so far, he is the most tempting to take at #15. Maurice Hurst is another to consider. I'm not sure yet who I like better, but I'm leaning Vea.
    No he isn't. he moves well for his size but from what I have seen he is a better prospect than Danny Shelton, just, so would you swap our 15th pick for Shelton? At the end of the day he is still a nose tackle, there is no value at picking him at 15.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,082

    Default

    RE Vita Vea, we have Peters and Xavier Williams who fill that NT role. I am a big Vita Vea fan, but I see him as a 2nd rounder. NT's just arent that valuable.


    And anyways Im not a big believer in hulking DL's. Its very antiquated.


    The single most dominant defensive player in the NFL is one of the smallest DL's in the league, Aaron Donald. 6'0, 284. Theres some LB's bigger than him. Size is nothing compared to skill/technique.
    Last edited by Zaz; 01-20-2018 at 10:46 AM.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    199

    Default

    so according to over the cap, not only did the Adrian Peterson cost a conditional 6th rounder this year, it also cost us a 6th round compensatory pick because he was traded the same year he signed. i thought it was bad enough to give the conditional 6th for a guy who was rumored to be released. hopefully the conditional pick doesn't transfer

  7. #27
    Raze's Avatar
    Raze is offline You cant handle the truth
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    RE Vita Vea, we have Peters and Xavier Williams who fill that NT role. I am a big Vita Vea fan, but I see him as a 2nd rounder. NT's just arent that valuable.


    And anyways Im not a big believer in hulking DL's. Its very antiquated.


    The single most dominant defensive player in the NFL is one of the smallest DL's in the league, Aaron Donald. 6'0, 284. Theres some LB's bigger than him. Size is nothing compared to skill/technique.
    I see Vea more like Ngata. Crazy strong. Only Vea is a lot faster (Not that that matters much at NT). But even then, is he exclusively a NT? He's not a normal human. He might be able to shift across the line and use his speed as an advantage. I mean, how often do you hear about a 350 pounder that runs a 4.8 40? And even when I watch him it makes me wonder how much more potential is down there. He truly is unique.

    I disagree with him being a 2nd rounder. He's too freakish to ignore that long. #15 is a good spot to steal him.

    I certainly don't see NT as a need, but I'd much rather take a known commodity in Vea rather than a reach at QB/OL/WR/CB. At #15 I'm concerned about just that.
    13RFoster 36CGodwin 98RDouglas 115DJohnson 157CBrantley 179XWoods 208CKelly

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    I see Vea more like Ngata. Crazy strong. Only Vea is a lot faster (Not that that matters much at NT). But even then, is he exclusively a NT? He's not a normal human. He might be able to shift across the line and use his speed as an advantage. I mean, how often do you hear about a 350 pounder that runs a 4.8 40? And even when I watch him it makes me wonder how much more potential is down there. He truly is unique.

    I disagree with him being a 2nd rounder. He's too freakish to ignore that long. #15 is a good spot to steal him.

    I certainly don't see NT as a need, but I'd much rather take a known commodity in Vea rather than a reach at QB/OL/WR/CB. At #15 I'm concerned about just that.
    Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com -- his first mock has Cards taking Vea at #15. Vea - Hurst - Payne all will go in Rd #1 (too bad the two (2) Clemson lineman did not come out in the draft). If the QB's are gone (and SK doesn't trade up) by #15, I fully expect SK to trade down as the draft has a lot of good CB's - DL - WR available in most mocks from #15-#24.

    Of course right now I want to see who will be the HC and OC to determine if Baker or L. Jackson could be developed by someone on the coaching staff.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    I see Vea more like Ngata. Crazy strong. Only Vea is a lot faster (Not that that matters much at NT). But even then, is he exclusively a NT? He's not a normal human. He might be able to shift across the line and use his speed as an advantage. I mean, how often do you hear about a 350 pounder that runs a 4.8 40? And even when I watch him it makes me wonder how much more potential is down there. He truly is unique.

    I disagree with him being a 2nd rounder. He's too freakish to ignore that long. #15 is a good spot to steal him.

    I certainly don't see NT as a need, but I'd much rather take a known commodity in Vea rather than a reach at QB/OL/WR/CB. At #15 I'm concerned about just that.
    We will have to agree to disagree, he is a round 2 guy for me. We will have to wait and see what he does at the combine but I don't think he will weigh in close to 350 or run anything close to 4.8 either.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2MBuoepc1I

    I know it is only a highlight reel but he lacks fits step quickness, basically wins on strength but is a good run stuffer.
    Last edited by Kyle; 01-20-2018 at 01:37 PM.

  10. #30
    Raze's Avatar
    Raze is offline You cant handle the truth
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com -- his first mock has Cards taking Vea at #15. Vea - Hurst - Payne all will go in Rd #1 (too bad the two (2) Clemson lineman did not come out in the draft). If the QB's are gone (and SK doesn't trade up) by #15, I fully expect SK to trade down as the draft has a lot of good CB's - DL - WR available in most mocks from #15-#24.

    Of course right now I want to see who will be the HC and OC to determine if Baker or L. Jackson could be developed by someone on the coaching staff.
    Doesn't it seem like every year we're vying for Keim to trade down and pick up assets? I agree completely that the wisest move might be to move down and pick up assets while still getting some excellent prospects in the 20's. Obviously that depends on who's available on draft day at #15 and who's willing to tango. (There's always someone).

    Keim has only traded down one year in the 1st. That was when Teddy and Manziel were both on the board, whom he obviously didn't want. I wonder if his trade down philosophy hinges on a QB being available that he doesn't want. That might mean this year he'll do it.

    I would have been stoked if we'd done it last year and picked up Foster in the early 20's.
    13RFoster 36CGodwin 98RDouglas 115DJohnson 157CBrantley 179XWoods 208CKelly

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •