Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Todd Haley - the coach you should be talking about

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    He somehow managed the Steelers' massive egos and won a bunch, a very tall order any year.

    So, bring in Todd as ARI's HC or OC? I prefer the latter.
    oc I am all in
    Larry Wilson Jackie Smith Jim hart Mel Gray

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,109

    Default Browns talking to Todd Haley

    https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/br...-for-same-role

    I also agree with Dan Bickley that Haley is the best option available. If you haven't read his article, check it out below. In the article, he quotes Kurt Warner as embracing Todd Haley.

    https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...ch/1046485001/

    I also disagree with Revenge of the Birds article in their rebuttal to Bickley's article. Their supposition is that Arians was volatile and Haley is even more volatire. I disagree with the premise that Arians was volatile. I feel it was the opposite. I think Arians coddled many of his players and was loyal to a fault to some of his players especially Justin Bethel, Catanzarro, Butler Brandon Williams and his receivers among other players. Arians provided dramatic post-game interviews in more of performance show element to entertain but he wasn't the disciplinarian behind the scenes and tolerated a lot of mediocrity; he was hardly Bill Belichick or Jimmy Johnson (Cowboys) in that he held players accountable.

    https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/20...out-todd-haley

    The available coaching candidates with the exception of Flip are people I don't endorse. I think Flip would be an interesting candidate.
    Last edited by cardinalsDO; 01-21-2018 at 12:35 PM.
    Go Cardinals!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    5,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post
    https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/br...-for-same-role

    I also agree with Dan Bickley that Haley is the best option available. If you haven't read his article, check it out below. In the article, he quotes Kurt Warner as embracing Todd Haley.

    https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...ch/1046485001/

    I also disagree with Revenge of the Birds article in their rebuttal to Bickley's article. Their supposition is that Arians was volatile and Haley is even more volatire. I disagree with the premise that Arians was volatile. I feel it was the opposite. I think Arians coddled many of his players and was loyal to a fault to some of his players especially Justin Bethel, Catanzarro, Butler Brandon Williams and his receivers among other players. Arians provided dramatic post-game interviews in more of performance show element to entertain but he wasn't the disciplinarian behind the scenes and tolerated a lot of mediocrity; he was hardly Bill Belichick or Jimmy Johnson (Cowboys) in that he held players accountable.

    https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/20...out-todd-haley

    The available coaching candidates with the exception of Flip are people I don't endorse. I think Flip would be an interesting candidate.
    FCFL,

    Will Amos Jones as ST asst work under Todd Haley as OC? The former needs lots of direction. Either way, I don't see Mister Jones lasting long at CLE anyway.

    Agree, Kurt Warner could handle sometimes volatile Todd Haley last decade. We saw those two jawing hard a few times on the sidelines. They always seemed to work it out and move on okay.

    P

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,166

    Default

    Arians wasn't a paragon of volatility as the ROTB piece says, he was a paragon of hypocrisy. Talked about "accountability boards" and such for players, didn't apply to coaches.

    If Arians' "volatility" is the reason that Haley can't have a shot that's nonsense.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Tempe
    Posts
    7,540

    Default

    I get a different message upon hearing the Browns have serious interest in Haley, but you DO you.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    5,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    I get a different message upon hearing the Browns have serious interest in Haley, but you DO you.
    If Haley wasn't linked to Warner's success during the SB run, we would even know the name Haley today.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    If Haley wasn't linked to Warner's success during the SB run, we would even know the name Haley today.
    Ding, ding, ding, ding!

    We have a winner Bob!
    Still searching for our QBOF.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sun City AZ
    Posts
    2,336

    Default

    I wish they would bring Todd Haley in as HC of OC . I do not believe they will though. Have they ever hired a coach back that has left ?
    We need a QB of the future NOW!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Verde Valley
    Posts
    7,435

    Default

    works for the Browns now
    The Big A era begins..../ends on.1/1/2018..Thanks for the memories.....The Wilks era begin...th

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •