Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Todd Haley - the coach you should be talking about

Quote Originally Posted by dreday70 View Post
    Who was responsible for the two 4th and inches plays called against the jags?
    So it's Haley's fault that his offense scored 42 points and the defense scored 45 points? Did Haley call the on-side kick with over 2 minutes remaining and 2 time outs?
    Go Cardinals!

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post
    No one is going to win with the remaining candidates either. Do we really want to settle on a mediocre coach because he is nice versus an amazing coach who can be tough to get along with? Remember Arians was thought to be a guy no one could work with either. And Todd has been in the system for a while longer so I'm sure he has matured to some degree.

Haley comes from the Bill Parcells' coaching tree. That includes coaches like Tom Coughlin and Bill Belichick. Say what you will but all of those coaches have been successful. As a fan, I just want to see us win. I don't care about hugs and kisses. Sometimes the players need discipline and told when they are doing something wrong. Larry Fitzgerald attributes a lot of his success to Haley because Haley didn't lavish him with praise.

But the discipline element doesn't intrigue as much as his playcalling. He is a smart coach and a great playcaller, something we didn't see Arians do that well the past 2 years when he didn't adjust to defenses and kept calling the same plays.
    Well we have no idea who the front runner is and why do you think a team can't win with the remaining coaches ? I wonder what people thought of the rams hire. Until they get the guy in there for the 2nd interview and find out the coaches plan I am ok with people bowing out. Maybe the guy knows he is not the #1 guy on the cardinals list. I have a feeling whoever is the highest on their list is still in the playoffs. I am ok with them not rushing and making a bad decision.

So it's Haley's fault that his offense scored 42 points and the defense scored 45 points? Did Haley call the on-side kick with over 2 minutes remaining and 2 time outs?
    He called a toss play on a 4th and 1 that lead to a TD the other way and a play action incomplete pass on another 4th and inches that lead to another TD that put them in a position where they even had as many points as they did. The last 7 of those 42 were garbage time.

He's not bringing Antonio Brown with him, so no he can remain unemployed.
    Last edited by ~Main Event~; 01-17-2018 at 12:01 PM.

There were several errors in that game. 2 were the 4th and inches calls called by Haley. you got a 241 lb QB and don't call a sneak and call a play that feeds into the Jags strengths? That was about as dumb as Pete's pass play at the goal line in the Superbowl.

The onside kick call by Tomlin was also dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    Well we have no idea who the front runner is and why do you think a team can't win with the remaining coaches ? I wonder what people thought of the rams hire. Until they get the guy in there for the 2nd interview and find out the coaches plan I am ok with people bowing out. Maybe the guy knows he is not the #1 guy on the cardinals list. I have a feeling whoever is the highest on their list is still in the playoffs. I am ok with them not rushing and making a bad decision.
    The Rams hire was praised. People liked it because he was not another retread coach and their organization was used as a model for giving other coaches chances. I would prefer us go to the college game and try to find someone innovative than hire a linebackers coach from the Patriots simply because he is with the Patriots. I like Flip from the Eagles but I don't think he is coming here. I didn't see anything special about Wilks defense in Carolina in terms of his schemes. The Panthers defensive coordinator was given a head coaching job last year. I think Wilks is being admired for his presence more than his X's and O's.
    Go Cardinals!

The Rams hire was praised. People liked it because he was not another retread coach and their organization was used as a model for giving other coaches chances. I would prefer us go to the college game and try to find someone innovative than hire a linebackers coach from the Patriots simply because he is with the Patriots. I like Flip from the Eagles but I don't think he is coming here. I didn't see anything special about Wilks defense in Carolina in terms of his schemes. The Panthers defensive coordinator was given a head coaching job last year. I think Wilks is being admired for his presence more than his X's and O's.
    We know two guy's on the list are not retreads that is including the guy you don't like even though he is with the patriots and the best coach ever. I much prefer coaches from the nfl over college coaches but that is just me.
    Last edited by Redbirdfan62; 01-17-2018 at 12:15 PM.

I'd take Todd

He's a no nonsense football guy.

He'd be a solid hire imo
    Owner

No to Haley, but we can still be grateful to him and his abrasive personality for kicking Fitzgerald in the hindquarters and getting him out of his early career habit of catching the ball and going down.

"Pittsburgh parts ways w/ Haley." Are the stars aligning?

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinals View Post
    I'd take Todd

He's a no nonsense football guy.

He'd be a solid hire imo
    He somehow managed the Steelers' massive egos and won a bunch, a very tall order any year.

So, bring in Todd as ARI's HC or OC? I prefer the latter.