Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whoa -- Jurecki just said on 98.7 that Wilkes offered Boettcher DC

Default Whoa -- Jurecki just said on 98.7 that Wilkes offered Boettcher DC

Surprised at this but Wilks offered Boettcher the job as DC but of course since he was also vying for the job it would have been awkward. Also this morning Doug Franz said he heard that McCoy left meeting with the Cards ... so we still don't have an OC and DeFilippo looks more and more like he'll stay in Philly to get his shot as an HC in the next year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    Surprised at this but Wilks offered Boettcher the job as DC but of course since he was also vying for the job it would have been awkward. Also this morning Doug Franz said he heard that McCoy left meeting with the Cards ... so we still don't have an OC and DeFilippo looks more and more like he'll stay in Philly to get his shot as an HC in the next year or two.
    I don't see Flip staying in Philly. His contract is up and the time is right for him to get that promotion to OC. Don't know where he will land (would be happy if it was here), but I just can't see him staying unless someone hires Reich as a HC, which isn't happening this year.

That is odd. Oh well. No great loss.

Betch was too much of a caveman. His defense was "FIRE EVERYTHING!!!!"....absolutely no nuance. Too many time we got burnt because we rushed 13 guys, the QB just flipped the ball to the RB and he took it to the house.

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    CORRECTION: Jurecki just minutes ago says McCoy is at the Cards facility this morning so either Franz is wrong or McCoy is back in the building today to sign a contract. One other interesting comment by Jurecki was that after the 2nd interview, Wilks called his wife and said this is where he wanted to be -- head coach of the Cardinals.
    Last edited by SurpriseCardFan; 01-24-2018 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AzTank View Post
    I don't see Flip staying in Philly. His contract is up and the time is right for him to get that promotion to OC. Don't know where he will land (would be happy if it was here), but I just can't see him staying unless someone hires Reich as a HC, which isn't happening this year.

DeFilippo would be an idiot to stay in Philly if he wants to be a HC. His stock won't get any higher if he stays as a QB Coach. The fastest way for him to ensure serious HC consideration is to have success as an OC somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by MSloan View Post
    DeFilippo would be an idiot to stay in Philly if he wants to be a HC. His stock won't get any higher if he stays as a QB Coach. The fastest way for him to ensure serious HC consideration is to have success as an OC somewhere.
    Some guys are oddballs. Munchak turned down the AZ interview to stay the Steelers OL coach. Strange.

Iím not surprised. Wilks said ďif it ainít broke donít fix itĒ, and both he and Betcher as DCís like to blitz a lot. Also not surprised Betcher decided for a fresh start in New York.

Interesting... not a huge loss imo but I'm curious to see how Betcher does in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Some guys are oddballs. Munchak turned down the AZ interview to stay the Steelers OL coach. Strange.
    For Munchak it was a family issue. Needed to stay in Pittsburgh...didn't even get the OC job there.

Quote Originally Posted by R1ppedCardFan View Post
    Interesting... not a huge loss imo but I'm curious to see how Betcher does in NY.
    I hope he does well.

But realistically, I dont think itll go great. Lets be honest, he inherited a top 5 D from Todd Bowles. Todd built our D today, not Betch. So now Betch has to build NY's D himself. Big task.