Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Alex Smith traded to the Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Cousins has a say in this so I think the Browns are out. Smith must be happy the Browns didnít want him instead.
    Watch Smith regress back to his 9er days. Thats a system QB if Ive ever seen one.

I live in Virginia and naturally know a bunch of Redskins fans. The vast majority of them are rather pissed by this deal. Granted, many were never completely sold on Cousins, but they don't view Alex as an upgrade. Especially since he is 34 and they gave up a really good defensive player in this deal.

I wouldn't have minded Alex coming here, but not for what the Redskins gave. He is a decent QB, but not elite. He is also entering the period where skills could diminish because of age. Although, he has been fairly healthy during his career for the most part I think..

It will be interesting to see who we end up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Might I suggest Sportrac or OverTheCap...you’re numbers are always way off.
    How could that be right just with CP money. We have to have more money than he is saying.
    Last edited by Bill11; 01-31-2018 at 11:26 PM.

I am higher on Josh Allen than most people, I know. But I think he could be the Browns target at number four.
    He has spoken very well about wanting to be the saviour, and how well Cleveland treat their sports stars. Unlike Rosen who has said he is too frightened to be picked by them.
    Having the young QB buy into their plans rather than be an Eli Manning on draft day will be a great first step for them.

That would mean IMO them either keeping Kizer as the starter for at least the first half of the year, unless Allen has the type of preseason that Trubisky had in Chicago. Or bringing in a vet on a one year deal.

It also frees them up to take Saquon Barkley at one.
    Logan Woodside is not a day three pick, he is the best QB in college.

Quote Originally Posted by OuterLimits View Post
    I live in Virginia and naturally know a bunch of Redskins fans. The vast majority of them are rather pissed by this deal. Granted, many were never completely sold on Cousins, but they don't view Alex as an upgrade. Especially since he is 34 and they gave up a really good defensive player in this deal.

I wouldn't have minded Alex coming here, but not for what the Redskins gave. He is a decent QB, but not elite. He is also entering the period where skills could diminish because of age. Although, he has been fairly healthy during his career for the most part I think..

It will be interesting to see who we end up with.
    I also reside in NVA and hear many WAS fans griping about the Smith trade. Losing that young CB as part of the trade stings here the most. Losing Cousins was a foregone conclusion. Synder was not in a good position w/ regard to keeping Cousins. That mess is well known. He missed out on a QBofF deal last year when Cousins seemed open to a long-term contract but the $$$ didn't impress. Now the owner and QB are getting a divorce. Smith will do okay for WAS. He's a smart vet. Gruden and Smith will mesh. WAS also is now positioned to use the future drafts to find and develop an unpolished QB, e.g., Smith's replacement in a few years.

Having WAS out of the running for a long-term QB solution now should help Keim's search for the same, either via the draft or FA, this spring. FA technically has not started. When FA does get rolling, that will be a crazy big-spender card game. I don't see ARI's GM sitting down at that poker table.