Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Smith traded to the Redskins

If it's true Washington only gave up a 2018 3rd round pick, I'm bummed we didn't get Smith. Curious who the "other player" is that Washington included for Smith. Keim has his work cut out for him even more than ever as Smith to the Cards always seemed to me like our first, best option to replace Palmer.

Kendall Fuller. Think PFF had him as the best slot corner in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    For the biggest payday in NFL history, Cousins would sign in Haiti. As he should. Winning is overrated. Larry cares about winning, but thats only because he has too much money at this point. Cousins is rich...but he isnt wealthy yet. This deal gonna give him some of that "no jail" money.

And no lie....if I were a good NFL QB, I would want the challenge of playing in Cleveland. IF you are the guy who finally wins there, youll be immortal there forever
    You might be right but even Alex Smith openly talked @%$# on Cleveland obviously to stop any trade talks lol.

You would be immortal but its still Cleveland.Honestly who wants to live there lol.
    The more you care..the more it hurts.

Iím taking this as a positive. On the draft boards Washington was another team taking a QB drafting ahead of us. All we need is for Denver or the Jets to go get cousins and we should be available to have a pretty decent QB at 15 without having to trade up.

I really wanted Kendall Fuller to fall to the Cards, instead they got Brandon Williams 8 picks later

Raze is offline You cant handle the truth

I'm confused. I thought you couldn't trade anyone past the trade deadline while the season is still on. Obviously I'm missing something.
    10 JRosen 47 CWilliams 97 MCole 134 DSchultz 182 EBrown 254 CToliver

I never wanted Smith, so im sound as a pound.

But those who did want Smith must be heartbroken...it only cost a 3rd rounder for him. Jeez we use 3rd rounders on Brandon and Chad Williams, lol, we toss 3rds out with the trash. That wouldve been an easy trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    I never wanted Smith, so im sound as a pound.

But those who did want Smith must be heartbroken...it only cost a 3rd rounder for him. Jeez we use 3rd rounders on Brandon and Chad Williams, lol, we toss 3rds out with the trash. That wouldve been an easy trade.
    A 3rd and his around 20 million dollar deal for next year. I hope it's true I want no part of that guy.

If we miss out on Alex Smith and Cousins, I think it's much more likely that we move up and grab a qb. I didn't want Cousins because of the price, but i can't imagine the front office being ok with a third or fourth tier qb and thinking that's ok without getting a qb in round 1.... actually I wouldn't be shocked which is the scary part.

The Redskins and Kansas City Chiefs reached an agreement in principle Tuesday to trade Smith to Washington for cornerback Kendall Fuller and a 2018 third-round draft pick, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. The trade agreement, according to Rapoport, is expected to be finalized Wednesday.

As part of the agreement, the Redskins are giving Smith a four-year contract extension worth $94 million with a whopping $71 million in guarantees, sources told Rapoport and NFL Network's Tom Pelissero. Smith's contract from the Chiefs was slated to expire at the end of the 2018 season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...th-to-redskins