Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Foles

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    LOL, I knew this thread was coming. Foles failed as a long term starter/franchise QB. Sure he had a decent playoff run (thank you defense for beating Atlanta) but his play was average at best. If Foles is an option here then there is some serious desperation going on in the Valley of the Sun.
    Foles play this post season has been anything BUT "average." It's been almost historically good.

But it's just one piece of the puzzle.

I would be very hesitant to bring in a guy who had one good year, one great post season, and a bunch of nothing.

But it's a moot point. A trade makes no sense all the way around for any team (including Philly.)

Let's use a 2 as an example.

For any team trading the 2, that's a LARGE price for a guy you still have to have some skepticism about.

For Philly, that's not NEARLY enough to get rid of a back-up who has proven to be able to run the team effectively, when your #1 guy MIGHT be ready for football activity by Training Camp... ORRRRR.... MIGHT not be the same guy at all in 2018.

Foles ain't going anywhere, and that's probably a good thing.
    Last edited by WVcardsFan; 02-02-2018 at 07:44 PM.

Would take Foles in a heart beat. Has been successful under two different coaches. Fischer is horrible.

Still draft a QB.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Eagles won't trade Foles. Wentz isn't scheduled to return until December of next year. They will need Foles to start during the regular season. Foles will be a free agent at the end of next season and will command a lot of money.

Foles is nothing like Kevin Kolb. Kolb was a short weak armed west coast QB who could only make check down throws and only compete passes to wide open targets. He only succeeded with the Eagles because Andy Reid designed the offense to suit his strengths. When he arrived in Arizona, they tried to make him a drop back pocket passer who was required to throw downfield.

Foles is a tall 6'6 243 lb QB with good arm strength and the ability to throw downfield. He made the Pro Bowl in Philly in 2013. In 2014, he got injured and then was traded to the Rams. Can't really hold him accountable for his results with the Rams. Jeff Fisher ruined a lot of QB's. Look what he did to Goff.
    Last edited by cardinalsDO; 02-02-2018 at 08:21 PM.
    Go Cardinals!

I think we've seen how valuable a backup is and Foles is probably top 5. Doubt they trade him w/ Wentz coming off an ACL injury.

i still can`t believe Nick foles is playing in the SB Sunday,,,boggles the mind....Tom Brady vs Nick Foles!.......there is no justice in football
    and what if he wins?? Nick whips Tom..lawd...
    The Big A era begins..../ends on.1/1/2018..Thanks for the memories.....The Wilks era begin...th

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    i still can`t believe Nick foles is playing in the SB Sunday,,,boggles the mind....Tom Brady vs Nick Foles!.......there is no justice in football
    I'm not surprised. I am surprised by Case Keenum. But Foles made the Pro Bowl and played well before his recent gig with the Eagles.. If it wasn't for the fractured collarbone in 2014, he probably would have never been traded to the Rams.
    Go Cardinals!

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    Next year, Gabbert v. Brady. Heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    Next year, Gabbert v. Brady. Heard it here first.
    And Gabbert will be playing for whom??? BA is retired you know.

OT Foles will still be in Philly next year imo.

The Ghost of JosEPh
    Last edited by RimrockCard; 02-04-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Ugh... so agree with your Ugh's. With the recent news, I'll take, Teddy B, Sam B, or even Josh M as next years starter to develop a 1st rounder in the draft. Not Nick in a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinals View Post
    UGH!!!!!

Cardinals would have to TRADE for him...and anyone who's been around here knows how well the Cardinals trades with Philly go....

it goes like this

Cardinals give up Pro Bowl CB DRC and a 2nd round pick AND a huge contract

Philly gave up Kevin Kolb

....yea DRC played at a high level...and IS STILL PLAYING at a high level TODAY!!!

lesson: don't trade for a backup QB....especially with Philly

You'd have to give up a bunch to get him AND you'd have to give up $$$. No thanks. Go to the draft....there are great ab's there.

I like Foles, wouldnt of mind him coming here when they had Palmer. But to put him in the starting role as the franchise QB going forward? I dunno, shades of Kevin Kolb come to mind.