Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: The mass exit to the door has begun....

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinals View Post
    Trust me when I say...It ain't FREE
    That's a valid point. What it cost today and what it cost back then is probably a tenfold difference. I'm going from memory, but I don't think I spent more than 60$ for two. That would include tickets, parking and even gas money to get there. ( I lived 80 miles away )

Even when you consider for inflation, it does seem like the price to going to a NFL game is maybe 3 times or more what it was back then.....so I get what you are saying.

I'm more or less in JosEPh_II shoes. Retired and on a fixed income. Not poor, but I do have to be careful where I spend money for non essential things.

So your point is well taken. The cost of going to a game is obviously a big part of the equation.

Maybe I should have added....if you can afford it...Believe me....appreciate that you can go to a live game and in good weather and experience the spectacle with thousands of people.

Just for reference. The game that I had a great time at was 1975 Cards vs Patriots. We won 24-17. It was a close game and Terry Metcalf returned a punt for a 69yrd touchdown. I couldn't hear myself think.

I will treasure that moment forever. You don't get those kind of memories from watching tv. If you have the means to see it live....do it.....
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by thomas cat View Post
    That's a valid point. What it cost today and what it cost back then is probably a tenfold difference. I'm going from memory, but I don't think I spent more than 60$ for two. That would include tickets, parking and even gas money to get there. ( I lived 80 miles away )

Even when you consider for inflation, it does seem like the price to going to a NFL game is maybe 3 times or more what it was back then.....so I get what you are saying.

I'm more or less in JosEPh_II shoes. Retired and on a fixed income. Not poor, but I do have to be careful where I spend money for non essential things.

So your point is well taken. The cost of going to a game is obviously a big part of the equation.

Maybe I should have added....if you can afford it...Believe me....appreciate that you can go to a live game and in good weather and experience the spectacle with thousands of people.

Just for reference. The game that I had a great time at was 1975 Cards vs Patriots. We won 24-17. It was a close game and Terry Metcalf returned a punt for a 69yrd touchdown. I couldn't hear myself think.

I will treasure that moment forever. You don't get those kind of memories from watching tv. If you have the means to see it live....do it.....
    You got that right. I was watching from the end zone when Tim Hightower scored the winning TD in the NFC Championship Game against the Eagles. It was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas cat View Post

It's expensive if you are purchasing season tickets or tickets directly from the Cardinals. However, seats on the secondary market can be really cheap. This is particularly true when the team is mediocre like it was the last two seasons. Season ticket holders don't want to attend and want something for their seats even if it means receiving half of what they paid for their seats. They want to retain their season tickets due the benefits they receive for being a long term season ticket holder.

Usually the people who complain about prices are those who want season tickets. Yes, tickets sold directly by the Cardinals are expensive but there are plenty of seats available on the secondary market that are half of what you would pay for the seats directly from the organization. The upper deck is usually empty and fans practically give their seats away unless the team is contending. And even in that case, you can still get good deals on upper deck seats. This is true for all the professional teams in the Valley.
    Last edited by cardinalsDO; 02-14-2018 at 02:48 PM.
    Go Cardinals!

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    You got that right. I was watching from the end zone when Tim Hightower scored the winning TD in the NFC Championship Game against the Eagles. It was incredible.
    I grew up mainly a hockey fan and saw some pretty incredible stanley cup playoff games. I became a Cards fan when i moved here in 1996.

I paid 300 dollars and a couple of buddies and I went to the game. Had great club seats. EVeryone stood the whole game and it seemed like years of suffering were about to be exorcised with a win. It was tense the whole game but probably the greatest sporting even I have ever attended. The outcrying of emotion post win was something. else.

The other "thing" that really stood out was Anquan Boldin being a big sourpuss even after the game. His contract issues overrided his ability to be a team player.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    I paid 300 dollars and a couple of buddies and I went to the game. Had great club seats. EVeryone stood the whole game and it seemed like years of suffering were about to be exorcised with a win. It was tense the whole game but probably the greatest sporting even I have ever attended. The outcrying of emotion post win was something. else.
    An unbelievable moment. To this day, I don't regret spending way too much money to fly out for the Atlanta and Philadelphia games and then to the Super Bowl in Tampa. If only one more play had been made in those last 2 minutes...

I cannot speak for the true warrior fans on this board who have followed the franchise through 3 cities, but personally, as an Arizona fan, the most cathartic moment for me that exorcised the ghosts of losing continues to be sitting in the upper deck bleachers just after Christmas in '98, and watching Chris Jacke's 52-yard FG barely clear that cross bar-- knowing at that instant that the Cardinals were going to the playoffs. And then running onto the field and helping tear down the goal post. (Anyone know what the statute of limitations for vandalism is in Arizona?)

The win the next week at Dallas was icing.

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    An unbelievable moment. To this day, I don't regret spending way too much money to fly out for the Atlanta and Philadelphia games and then to the Super Bowl in Tampa. If only one more play had been made in those last 2 minutes...

I cannot speak for the true warrior fans on this board who have followed the franchise through 3 cities, but personally, as an Arizona fan, the most cathartic moment for me that exorcised the ghosts of losing continues to be sitting in the upper deck bleachers just after Christmas in '98, and watching Chris Jacke's 52-yard FG barely clear that cross bar-- knowing at that instant that the Cardinals were going to the playoffs. And then running onto the field and helping tear down the goal post. (Anyone know what the statute of limitations for vandalism is in Arizona?)

Thanks for the rich memories, WV. All agree that we need more Cardinals post-season memories. I look forward to the day when all Cardinals tickets sell for a premium because the team is that exciting again.

I was at that game and my then 10 year old daughter wanted me to take her on the field and help with the goal posts..lol...told her ..maybe in a few years..
    in hindsight...had i known it was the last time that would ever happen ...i might have taken her out on the field
    Last edited by RimrockCard; 02-14-2018 at 05:56 PM.
    The Big A era begins..../ends on.1/1/2018..Thanks for the memories.....The Wilks era begin...th

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    I was at that game and my then 10 year old daughter wanted me to take her on the field and help with the goal posts..lol...told her ..maybe in a few years..
    in hindsight...had i known it was the last time that would ever happen ...i might have taken her out on the field
    I think the 'father' voice overrode the 'football' voice in your head and the message was that your young daughter needs to be protected from the mob. That was the right call. No regrets.

I remind my employees every once in awhile that they are walking the path of life just one time. There are no do-overs. But they can learn from judgment errors and make better choices in the future.

Go Cards! Let's get that QB and win some Trophies!

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    I think the 'father' voice overrode the 'football' voice in your head and the message was that your young daughter needs to be protected from the mob. That was the right call. No regrets.

I remind my employees every once in awhile that they are walking the path of life just one time. There are no do-overs. But they can learn from judgment errors and make better choices in the future.

Go Cards! Let's get that QB and win some Trophies!
    I hope they are aggressive in filling the Qb position and it wasn't just talk.

North end zone? That's where I was, section 224, row 2. I went to the game in Dallas the next week, what a blast watching the Cardinals destroy the Cowboys. My only regret is that the restroom line was so long at halftime I missed Adrian Murrel's big run early in the third and the subsequent Centers TD. At least the outcome was a 20-0 lead. Jamir Miller was so huge on defense that day, another what might have been in the spirit of Daryl Washington.