Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The mass exit to the door has begun....

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post
    It's expensive if you are purchasing season tickets or tickets directly from the Cardinals. However, seats on the secondary market can be really cheap. This is particularly true when the team is mediocre like it was the last two seasons. Season ticket holders don't want to attend and want something for their seats even if it means receiving half of what they paid for their seats. They want to retain their season tickets due the benefits they receive for being a long term season ticket holder.

Usually the people who complain about prices are those who want season tickets. Yes, tickets sold directly by the Cardinals are expensive but there are plenty of seats available on the secondary market that are half of what you would pay for the seats directly from the organization. The upper deck is usually empty and fans practically give their seats away unless the team is contending. And even in that case, you can still get good deals on upper deck seats. This is true for all the professional teams in the Valley.
    I've come to rationalize it this way when paying the season ticket premium.... first, if the Cardinals have a big year I'm protected so to speak. Along those same lines, I pay the premium for the knowledge that I will sit in the same area and around the same people, and in my area with everybody being there for a long time it's almost like family. We rise and fall with the team's fortunes and I think it enhances the experience. But your premise is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    North end zone? That's where I was, section 224, row 2. I went to the game in Dallas the next week, what a blast watching the Cardinals destroy the Cowboys. My only regret is that the restroom line was so long at halftime I missed Adrian Murrel's big run early in the third and the subsequent Centers TD. At least the outcome was a 20-0 lead. Jamir Miller was so huge on defense that day, another what might have been in the spirit of Daryl Washington.
    Same section, but up a ways higher! That's where we sat every game. I was the guy at all the Dallas games sarcastically giving credit to all the "Cowboys fans" around me who "made the trip in from Dallas" to watch their home team. Amazingly, none of them could ever name the Goalie for the Stars or the 3rd Baseman for the Rangers. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Same section, but up a ways higher! That's where we sat every game. I was the guy at all the Dallas games sarcastically giving credit to all the "Cowboys fans" around me who "made the trip in from Dallas" to watch their home team. Amazingly, none of them could ever name the Goalie for the Stars or the 3rd Baseman for the Rangers. Go figure.
    "Turn on the machines!"

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post
    It's expensive if you are purchasing season tickets or tickets directly from the Cardinals. However, seats on the secondary market can be really cheap. This is particularly true when the team is mediocre like it was the last two seasons. Season ticket holders don't want to attend and want something for their seats even if it means receiving half of what they paid for their seats. They want to retain their season tickets due the benefits they receive for being a long term season ticket holder.

Usually the people who complain about prices are those who want season tickets. Yes, tickets sold directly by the Cardinals are expensive but there are plenty of seats available on the secondary market that are half of what you would pay for the seats directly from the organization. The upper deck is usually empty and fans practically give their seats away unless the team is contending. And even in that case, you can still get good deals on upper deck seats. This is true for all the professional teams in the Valley.
    The upper deck is never empty. Who is this??
    STH SINCE '88

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    I've come to rationalize it this way when paying the season ticket premium.... first, if the Cardinals have a big year I'm protected so to speak. Along those same lines, I pay the premium for the knowledge that I will sit in the same area and around the same people, and in my area with everybody being there for a long time it's almost like family. We rise and fall with the team's fortunes and I think it enhances the experience. But your premise is correct.
    I have season tickets so I agree with what you are saying and understand. I like the perks that come with it but it comes at a premium. I could certainly save money buying seats for individual games.
    Go Cardinals!

Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanJoe View Post
    The upper deck is never empty. Who is this??
    Never empty, okay.
    Go Cardinals!