Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: How much do you trust this Qb class ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    why?

(too short of message)

wwwwhhhhyyyyy?
    I’ve said many times that I love his apparent ability to listen to coaches. He had the same bad start to his final year that Watson had, but in both cases you could see they had listened to their coaches and addressed some of their problems.
    Watson was throwing off his back foot at times, but worked massively on that. He also held the ball closer to his shoulder, rather than waving it about like he was washing an invisible car window.
    He needs to improve his touch throws, but he absolutely did as the season progressed. His bowl game was arguably his best of the whole season.

He has an apparent studiousness about the game that will set him apart from say Rosen, who is clearly ahead of him now.
    He also gets the best out of a pretty poor group. He lost his TE outlet, and RB cushion. It took time for Wyoming to overcome that. Maybe the playcalling has to change? It’s hard to know, but whatever, like Watson last year he got better, and saved his best for the big games.
    I’m not as high on him as I was Watson, who I think is a once in a generation guy. But I really believe he can have a better career than say, Andrew Luck, who’s game has not quite lived up to the unrealistic hype.

I’ve just seen, and fwiw Mayock has him #2 in the QB group.
    Last edited by Northern Soul; 02-15-2018 at 11:34 AM.
    Logan Woodside is not a day three pick, he is the best QB in college.

To do what? Show up for work? I don't give a hoot about trusting a rookie QB to do much more than keep his pie hole shut and learn.

Show me the QB that has top skills, great work ethic, some swagger and attitude, and go-for-it guts. I'll pay big bucks to watch that QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    Iíve said many times that I love his apparent ability to listen to coaches. He had the same bad start to his final year that Watson had, but in both cases you could see they had listened to their coaches and addressed some of their problems.
    Watson was throwing off his back foot at times, but worked massively on that. He also held the ball closer to his shoulder, rather than waving it about like he was washing an invisible car window.
    He needs to improve his touch throws, but he absolutely did as the season progressed. His bowl game was arguably his best of the whole season.

He has an apparent studiousness about the game that will set him apart from say Rosen, who is clearly ahead of him now.
    He also gets the best out of a pretty poor group. He lost his TE outlet, and RB cushion. It took time for Wyoming to overcome that. Maybe the playcalling has to change? Itís hard to know, but whatever, like Watson last year he got better, and saved his best for the big games.
    Iím not as high on him as I was Watson, who I think is a once in a generation guy. But I really believe he can have a better career than say, Andrew Luck, whoís game has not quite lived up to the unrealistic hype.

Iíve just seen, and fwiw Mayock has him #2 in the QB group.
    - he has elite tools
    - he's super studious
    - he's listens to coaches
    - he's improved

...then why isnt he better?

Dont blame his team. You think North Dakota State or EIU pull in big time prospects? Carson Wentz and Jimmy G had outstanding college careers. They made the most out of it.

To that point: If Allen needs talent around him to succeed, then he's not a great QB. He's a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    - he has elite tools
    - he's super studious
    - he's listens to coaches
    - he's improved

...then why isnt he better?

Dont blame his team. You think North Dakota State or EIU pull in big time prospects? Carson Wentz and Jimmy G had outstanding college careers. They made the most out of it.

To that point: If Allen needs talent around him to succeed, then he's not a great QB. He's a manager.
    Thatís ok bud. I love this pre draft talk. We all have differing opinions. Maybe you agreed with me last year when I said Watson was the best player in the draft, period. Maybe you hated him and didnít want Arians and Keim to trade up to get him?
    Either way, We have our opinions and back them. Iím two for two on my last two major bandwagons. Carr and Watson. Hopefully this one is as accurate. (Iím not so good on OTs. Have picked some right lemons to champion)
    Logan Woodside is not a day three pick, he is the best QB in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    If you extrapolated JG's stats over an entire season

* This really is a basic form of comparison, obviously the team they build around him, the quality of opposition and the circumstances of individual games, the tape they have on him etc etc affects it all.

Yards 4160
    TD's 19 (18.6 but I will round it up)
    INT 13 (13.3 but I will round it down)

Comparing it to stats produced here

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...alse&Submit=Go

He would be 6th in yards, joint 18th in TD's, joint 7th in INT (1 being the worst).

In conclusion, his numbers are ok, but not worth the contract they have given him. Could he improve on those stats with more knowledge of the play book, a full training camp, more talent around him? Absolutely. On the flip side could he stay at the same level/regress now teams have more tape on him, the fixtures aren't as favourable for him, still will have a lack of talent around him etc, of course.

But anyway it is a mute point, we were never ever in the race for Jimmy G (and neither were 30 other teams), he was never made available to the rest of the league.
    He is the Tom Brady Jr. if you actually have watched him play. I really enjoyed watching him lead his team to victory playing really with second rate scrubs and having about two weeks to know the play book. I doubt anybody outside of Tom Brady could have done more with what he had to work with.

Your stats are purely disingenuous and you have no idea if Jimmy G was not made available to "30 teams" . BB would have taken a better offer from many teams Cards included. Keim chickened out again.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    He is the Tom Brady Jr. if you actually have watched him play. I really enjoyed watching him lead his team to victory playing really with second rate scrubs and having about two weeks to know the play book. I doubt anybody outside of Tom Brady could have done more with what he had to work with.

Your stats are purely disingenuous and you have no idea if Jimmy G was not made available to "30 teams" . BB would have taken a better offer from many teams Cards included. Keim chickened out again.
    It was already reported the Browns offered a better deal and they turned it down because they were set on sending him to the 9ers. Even if it was a bidding war, we lose because San Fran was winless and had better picks.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post

I`m disgruntled as anyone when it comes to SK`s (*alleged) disastrous handling of our QB situation ...But the Bolded is some big time speculation ..lol..even by my standards
    * i say alleged because we really don't know how disastrous it is until the next step..but i predict Double Disastrous
    The Big A era begins..../ends on.1/1/2018..Thanks for the memories.....The Wilks era begin...th