Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 205

Thread: BREAKING: Keim Extended through 2022

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post
    I would feel differently if Keim came from another organization whose first year with the Cardinals was 5 years ago. However, he has been director of scouting and VP of player personnel. He has more or less been our GM regardless of who held the actual title. Graves has never been known to be a personnel guy. He was known primarily for negotiating contracts and managing the cap. I know it's convenient of the Keim supporters to pretend that he no involvement with making player decisions prior to him becoming the official GM but that's naive at best.
    Wrong. In any business, when you graduate to a higher position, there is a new learning curve. If Keim was named the store manager for a MAcy's, and was previously running a department under the prior manager, it would not matter whether he ran a department at the same store or with a different company. He's being elevated to a role with more decision making and responsibility. It's going to be new regardless. He's going to learn from things that happen early on, like in any profession. I'm a real estate developer. I'd be insane to have not learned from my first ten years in the business and use that knowledge to be better in my second decade. When Keim was a scout, Graves made the decisions. He was a scout, not Graves shadow. He has not more or less been our GM prior to replacing Rod.

    All this aside, he's been successful. So we're saying that a young guy that's had top 5 win/loss record compared to his piers has room to improve. What's not to like? Sign me up.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    He is widely regarded in NFL circles as one of the best GM's in the business. And his record proves it. Enough said.

    You obviously haven't been a fan very long.

    Most of us who suffered through burned thighs on the metal bleachers at SDS have a keen understanding of what horrible football is.

    It's too bad none of us got to see what a (even just kind of) healthy team in 2017 could have done. They were absolutely decimated by an absurd cascade of crucial injuries and still finished one game behind "contenders" like Dallas and Seattle. Green Bay lost just one guy (THE most important guy, no doubt, but certainly they did not deal with the same injuries as Arizona) and caved. Houston lost their two most important players (not 14 starters, but yes two important pieces) and finished 4-12.

    Philadelphia and Doug Pederson deserve a TON of credit for keeping the ship afloat after losing their starting QB. And they certainly overcame the loss of their LT. That was very, very impressive. I believe we might have been able to see something similar in 2014 had the Rams not ruined Stanton's knee. But Philadelphia would have been hard pressed to do what they did had they had 14 starters missing multiple games or ending the year on IR.
    Amen, brother, amen. These fans today think that if you aren't winning 14 or more games, you suck. They should have been around when we really sucked and were routinely losing 12 - 13 games a season. Now, that was miserable.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeFan View Post
    Amen, brother, amen. These fans today think that if you aren't winning 14 or more games, you suck. They should have been around when we really sucked and were routinely losing 12 - 13 games a season. Now, that was miserable.
    I have been a season ticket holder since we were at Sun Devil stadium. Our past is no excuse to suck in the future and demand less from this ownership and this organization. Some of us do want to win and want the culture to change. When I say win I dont just settle for regular season wins like the Mediocrity crew.
    Last edited by OG Card; 02-13-2018 at 03:58 PM.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OG Card View Post
    I have been a season ticket holder since we were at Sun Devil stadium. Our past is no excuse to suck in the future and demand less from this ownership and this organization.
    What in the hell are you talking about sucking in the future? Keim has won 50 games in 5 years! FIFTY! It's very hard to win the SB. Lots of luck involved. They metric to judge a good GM is reg season wins. Not to mention he took over a crap situation and turned it fast. Keim has been elite. There has been no "sucking". This is really a bizarre topic to argue in my opinion.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1988CARD View Post
    What in the hell are you talking about sucking in the future? Keim has won 50 games in 5 years! FIFTY! It's very hard to win the SB. Lots of luck involved. They metric to judge a good GM is reg season wins. Not to mention he took over a crap situation and turned it fast. Keim has been elite. There has been no "sucking". This is really a bizarre topic to argue in my opinion.
    Again another regular season award giver. Lets hang a banner for those regular seasons. Hmmm I wonder why no one does that. Please remind me of Keims playoff win record? Heres a reminder for you, its been downhill going on 3 years now but hey Keims a top GM and THATS OKAY because we have sucked in the past .

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFIGJiA1zc8
    Last edited by OG Card; 02-13-2018 at 04:19 PM.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1988CARD View Post
    What in the hell are you talking about sucking in the future? Keim has won 50 games in 5 years! FIFTY! It's very hard to win the SB. Lots of luck involved. They metric to judge a good GM is reg season wins. Not to mention he took over a crap situation and turned it fast. Keim has been elite. There has been no "sucking". This is really a bizarre topic to argue in my opinion.
    Winning a SB is a very tough way to judge a GM but you are judged on playoff appearances and advancing in playoffs. We just saw the KC Chiefs unload AS because the Chiefs weren't winning playoff games. 53 wins 4 playoff appearances and 2 trips to the divisional round in 5 years. They moved up to get his replacement and traded him for peanuts. Yes peanuts if you consider him one of the top 5 QB's in the NFL. ( I don't but the numbers say he is)

    The way the NFL is designed nobody is judged by regular season wins. If you make the playoffs less than 2 every 5 years your below the mean. It's fair to say SK is good. It's also fair to wait to extend him after next year or move in another direction. 3 years without making the playoffs would be a trend that would dispel any notion of he's a great GM. On the other hand if he puts together a team that can make the playoffs next year that says a lot.

    FYI while I don't like extending him 1 year sooner then needed, I hope it works out. I want the Cardinals to do well and I think SK is a good guy.
    Last edited by Biggs; 02-13-2018 at 04:25 PM.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    chandler AZ
    Posts
    5,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OG Card View Post
    Stop excusing injuries as if no other team goes through injuries. A top GM builds depth and a team that can deal with them. A LOT of the injuries are because Keim chooses injury prone players. The fact that he chose undersized WR like Brown and Nelson is his fault because they are injury prone. The fact that he actually thought John Brown would stay healthy and did nothing to address the position but drafting Chad Williams in the 3rd round is his fault. The fact you announce DJ will get 30 touches a game and overuse him because you managed to have so few offensive weapons because you overpaid Gresham and drafted Chad Williams contributes to injuries. The fact that he chose a statue QB with a torn ACL history is his fault. The fact that the O-Line he put together for that statue QB that got him injured is his fault. Add that on top of the usual injuries every teams faces and the depth they should have well that falls on Keim no excuses (except from the mediocrity delusional homer crew). We had no depth and our team is filled with injury prone old washed up Keim specials. All your arguments are woulda coulda shoulda. What if we had this guy, only if this didnt happen. I have news for you we are going to suffer more injuries next year and the year after that. Its up to Keim to make sure we have the depth to handle it, so sorry thats not an excuse. Keim didnt get it done when we had a healthy super bowl team, he didnt get it done when we didnt. The common denominator is he has FAILED TO GET THE JOB DONE.
    Every team deals with injuries. The Eagles won the super bowl with arguably the top QB in the league out.

    This VW character knows EVERYTHING. When it comes to the Cardinals they only lose because of injuries , special team play or bad luck. He claims teams like the Lions are "lucky". But the Cardinals are unlucky. I predict he comes at you with more childish insults like : All my arguments are factual and backed with empirical evidence. All of your arguments are delusional and filled with sky-is-falling nonsense built on emotion and unrealistic comparisons.

    This is a sad man who cant contain himself on here. He claims 75 percent of the board has me on ignore because I disagree with him. I swear it's no more then 50 percent

    I looked at drafting records dating back to 2012. (keep in mind Keim took over in 2013)

    But here is Fox sports ranking Keim 27th.

    27 Arizona Cardinals
    Total points: 51
    Total selections: 35
    Points per pick: 1.5
    Pro Bowlers: 2 (S Tyrann Mathieu, RB David Johnson, pictured)
    Summary: The lowlight is the 2016 draft class, which has not yet produced a starter.
    Last edited by AriS.; 02-13-2018 at 04:44 PM.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    Every team deals with injuries. The Eagles won the super bowl with arguably the top QB in the league out.

    This VW character knows EVERYTHING. When it comes to the Cardinals they only lose because of injuries , special team play or bad luck. He claims teams like the Lions are "lucky". But the Cardinals are unlucky.

    I looked at drafting records dating back to 2012. (keep in mind Keim took over in 2013)

    But here is Fox sports ranking Keim 27th.

    27 Arizona Cardinals
    Total points: 51
    Total selections: 35
    Points per pick: 1.5
    Pro Bowlers: 2 (S Tyrann Mathieu, RB David Johnson, pictured)
    Summary: The lowlight is the 2016 draft class, which has not yet produced a starter.
    Thanks for the stats ARIS. You pair a top drafting GM (see 2016 draft) with some regular season awards from 1988Card and you have yourself a TOP GM in the league ladies and gentlemen.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    chandler AZ
    Posts
    5,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1988CARD View Post
    Not disputing that he missed on drafting a QB along the way, but it's a lot easier said than done to use a high pick on a QB when you have a Vet QB playing at close to an All pro level and a team that you feel is ready to compete for the SB every year, which was certainly the case in most years. It's very tempting in that seat to add a Deone Buchanon or a DJ Humphries that fills an immediate need. Last year was the ideal year to do it, but they weren't aggressive enough for whatever reason.

    I just think regardless of the QB missed opportunity, Keim has been a very good GM overall and the W/L numbers prove it out. He's certainly the best we've had by a longshot. And he's also young. You'd have to assume that his next 5 years will be better than his first 5 from the experience gained alone. That's typical of any business. And when the first 5 have you top 5 in the league in wins, it's probably a solid bet to an outright no brainer to go with him for another 5. So why wait?
    I may not agree with you on everything but you make your points in a respectful way. No need to childishly call people names.

    I don't necessary think Keim will get better. Scar tissue forms from bad drafts just like scar tissue forms for coach's and they suddenly get way too conservative in this league.

    While experience may indeed help him he's been involved in this process long before he inherited the official title.

    And again I'm like most people who are willing to be a critic of Keim in some respects. I don't want him fired. He's done some very good things but he has really missed the mark badly with the things I've already mentioned numerous times.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    7,079

    Default

    Was there going to be a presser talking about this?
    New board come join us. http://arizonacardinals.freeforums.net/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •