Page 144 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1482

Thread: 2018 QB Class

Everyone should read the excellent article on Mayfield that Zaz keeps posting.

I’m still currently Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen (but really sour on his reported attitude), Jackson (boom or bust guy but it sure would be a fun and/or interesting ride to see an offense planned around him), Allen (don’t want him at all cuz I doubt accuracy could be fixed and it would have to be). Those are guys I wouldn’t be shocked go in the first round. None are perfect, all have potential.

Rosen is the best on paper, but I just get an uneasy Hollywood vibe. Darnold I have liked for a long time but honestly he has to fix his turnover issues, and I don’t like that he hasn’t improved year to year. I like his competitiveness though. Mayfield has continually climbed the charts for me. He’d be really exciting with DJ and a good Oline.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    99% of the time the fastest boys are the fastest men.

Otherwise you fall into the same pit Keim has. "Nkemdiche is garbage now....but I can build him up!". Not usually. The best players in college are usually the best players in the NFL.

Not always. But stop trying to reinvent the wheel. Baker has been the best for 3 years. what he heck do you want from the guy? Its ridiculous. If I were you, I would just say "Yes, he is the best QB. Its not close. The numbers back it up overwhelmingly. But I dont like his attitude".
    And that would be a very fair opinion.
    ZAZ what's your problem. They guy is obviously going top 2 picks. We can sit and watch him. We aren't getting him unless NFL GM's are idiots. The top 3 teams in this years draft need a QB. Obviously Mayfield is going No. 1 unless Barkley does. If we get him I hope you're right. I wouldn't move up 1 spot to get him. I would have moved up to get Mahomes or Watson last year. I like Rosen. I think Allen meets all the measurable but I'm weary of his accuracy. That said it wouldn't surprise me at all if he is better in 2 years than Mayfield ever will be.

FYI, I respect your opinion. I get it, I don't agree with you on the notion that college play automatically translate to best guy at the next level. I've seen lots of incredible college players wash out at the pro level. It's a completely different level of competition and you're dealing with people who are fully mature in body and mind as opposed to college. The coaching is also much more even at the pro level. At the college level coaches create mismatches that most pro football coaches will take away. Mayfield has a lot to overcome at the next level physically. I can't say it can't be done because obviously Wilson and Brees have done it. I think that's the exception not the rule and both of them weren't close to a top 10 NFL pick for that reason.
    Last edited by Biggs; 02-13-2018 at 05:08 PM.

Why isn’t this thread under the 2018 QB discussion?
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    The kid is the safest bet out there this year of all the QB coming out. If he isn't a can't miss prospect then all the other QB coming out surely aren't either. All you have to do is look at his game tapes. Makes every throw. Goes through his progressions. Runs only as a last resort. Kid reminds me of Frank Tarkenton. And if he becomes that good I'll be more than happy.

I don't want another Palmer. Someone who has cement feet. Can be found 3 to 7 steps behind the line of scrimmage and has no escape ability. The game is changing. You need a QB who can scramble and either throw on the run or tuck it and pickup some good yardage.

I'll take Mayfield over any of the other QB coming out this year, and be very happy if we landed him.
    You just described Jackson not Mayfield.

Mayfield is going to have very average measurable sat the combine exposing him as a so so athlete. I am guessing a 4.6 forty which will squelch all this mobility talk. I also predict he will have under 10inch hands which will increase his fumbles in the NFL. None of this takes into account his tiny stature and questionable attitude which is well documented.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Looking for the new Baker Mayfield thread? Moved that cheese to 2018 QB Class, see below.

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    Why isn’t this thread under the 2018 QB discussion?
    Done, Native AZ!

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    We aren't getting him unless NFL GM's are idiots.
    They are idiots. NFL GM's like Josh Allen more because he's taller.

From that article I posted:

When it comes to arm talent, Wyoming’s Josh Allen is the top prospect in this class from a pure power and velocity standpoint, but the ball charting data from Zebra Technologies at the Senior Bowl showed Mayfield consistently in the same ballpark in terms of miles per hour of passes and revolutions per minute of the football, both combined showing a pretty good picture of ball velocity and arm strength.

So you cant even say Josh Allen has a stronger arm. Little Baker Mayfield is twice as accurate + has a comparable cannon arm.

Russ Wilson shouldve went #1 based on his college career. But he didnt because of height. This almost feels like Jackie Robinson stuff to me. I was short yesterday and dominated, how is tomorrow any different?

I do think Allen has the highest potential to bust. He's just not that impressive overall. He has SOME potential but there's not a whole lot to be hyped about with him, IMO.

We won't get Darnold or Rosen.

Rudolph is a sleeper, he could go either way. Jackson or Mayfield at 15 would be a great snag.

I used to not be high on Mayfield but his antics do blind some people into thinking he's more problematic than he actually is. I started buying into that theory. But in looking at reality in terms of on-field performance, this guy was way more dominant than I even realized. At 15, it'd be worth the risk if he's there.

With everything that is coming out about Manziel now... no way Mayfield ends up like that. He has a much brighter future.
    Last edited by NewBigRed; 02-13-2018 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    They are idiots. NFL GM's like Josh Allen more because he's taller.

From that article I posted:

When it comes to arm talent, Wyoming’s Josh Allen is the top prospect in this class from a pure power and velocity standpoint, but the ball charting data from Zebra Technologies at the Senior Bowl showed Mayfield consistently in the same ballpark in terms of miles per hour of passes and revolutions per minute of the football, both combined showing a pretty good picture of ball velocity and arm strength.

So you cant even say Josh Allen has a stronger arm. Little Baker Mayfield is twice as accurate + has a comparable cannon arm.

Russ Wilson shouldve went #1 based on his college career. But he didnt because of height. This almost feels like Jackie Robinson stuff to me. I was short yesterday and dominated, how is tomorrow any different?

Russel Wilson absolutely should not have gone #1 over Andrew Luck based on his college career. Luck was the most NFL ready QB to come out in a decade, had been spectacular in college, and any GM that passed on him with the #1 pick would be a fool.

Now...if you want to talk about RGIII being overhyped and Wilson going as the #2 QB off the board....well hindsight is 20/20...but I think there is an argument to be made there.

Wilson should have gone end of first round but being talked about as a short baseball player made him slide. Mayfield should go mid-first. Like, say, 15th!