Page 140 of 273 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2726

Thread: 2018 QB Class

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Keim has admitted that he was a coward bish for not taking Wilson because he was "too short". And that should be the be-all, end-all judgement when it comes to a QBs ability and height: If he were 3 inches taller, where would he be drafted?

Baker would be #1 overall if he were 6'3. Period.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...1-overall-pick

At 5'11 he should be the #1 pick right now. So if he were 6'3, hed be in "Luck" stratosphere. What hes accomplished at his "short" height should be praised not criticized.

He has outperformed every other QB in the draft by 100 miles. Hes the best. He is. Even if I hated his personality, Im not a hypocrite. Feel free to discuss his perceived immaturity, but dont bother with "football ability". Youll hang yourself quicker than Brooks.
    If you're basing how a guy should project based on his college career and not projected him at the next level you would last about 10 minutes in the NFL. At the NFL level Baker Mayfield has done nothing that any other QB who hasn't been drafted has done. He was outplayed by a Sophomore QB in the only big game he played this year and his head coach took the ball out of his hand in crunch time. To even mention Mayfield with Andrew Luck shows an incredible bias toward Mayfield. Andrew Luck, before his injury was an elite NFL QB. Andrew Luck would be picked in front of Baker Mayfield by every GM in NFL history. Guess what the fact that Andrew Luck can stay on his feet in the pocket and see the entire field and has a full spectrum release point actual matters in the NFL.
    Last edited by Biggs; 02-13-2018 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    A lot of that can be forgiven if you're really good like Cam. You better be really really good.

And the QB position I typically dont like to see the Sherman type personality there. It's too much of a gas can situation. I got nothing against a Sherman type personality, just not leading the team.

And unlike Cam this kid actually got in trouble in college. Michael floyd had ONE alcohol incident in college. Probably many more where he didnt get caught.

you're placing an awful lot on a QB and if he doesnt have the right character it sets your franchise back many years.

And I'm not saying one way or another with this kid. But yes any incident is a concerning.
    Dont compare Baker to Michael Floyd. The fact he's put innocent people in danger 3x now with his drunk driving, I would bury him under the prison. I despise his life, forget football.

Baker cant run anybody over driving them hush puppies. The incident definitely not a positive. But its very low on the totem pole. I mean Brett Favre texting pics to sideline reporters is 100x worse.

As for personality: Hes a great leader of his team. His teammates love him. His coaches love him. The media (of the team) loves him. The only people who receive his immaturity (trash talk) is opponents. Thats OK with me. He will grow and mature. But right now, day 1, I am fine with his personality as a rookie. It in no way hurts the team internally.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    If you're basing how a guy should project based on his college career and not projected him at the next level you would last about 10 minutes in the NFL. At the NFL level Baker Mayfield has done nothing that any other QB who hasn't been drafted has done. He was outplayed by a Sophomore QB in the only big game he played this year and his head coach took the ball out of his hand in crunch time. To even mention Mayfield with Andrew Luck shows an incredible bias toward Mayfield. Andrew Luck, before his injury was an elite NFL QB. Andrew Luck would be picked in front of Baker Mayfield by every GM in NFL history.

^^^^

and also

You can have your opinions. Thats fine. But dont pretend like youre right. Youre wrong. Dead wrong. People who know better than me or you say youre wrong. Your status will be "wrong" only until youre proven right. Until that day (which wont be until Bakers 2nd or 3rd year in the NFL), youre wrong.
    Last edited by Zaz; 02-13-2018 at 10:38 AM.

All Baker doubters: Read this

To still argue puts you in "Flat Earther" category. Not only is he the best QB this year, hes been the best QB for the last 3 years.

Shhhh. Its over.

Dont compare Baker to Michael Floyd. The fact he's put innocent people in danger 3x now with his drunk driving, I would bury him under the prison. I despise his life, forget football.

Baker cant run anybody over driving them hush puppies. The incident definitely not a positive. But its very low on the totem pole. I mean Brett Favre texting pics to sideline reporters is 100x worse.

As for personality: Hes a great leader of his team. His teammates love him. His coaches love him. The media (of the team) loves him. The only people who receive his immaturity (trash talk) is opponents. Thats OK with me. He will grow and mature. But right now, day 1, I am fine with his personality as a rookie. It in no way hurts the team internally.
    you're missing the point. Floyd had one incident I believe in college and he convinced those it was isolated. Given a million dollars as a professional just increases the chances a bad character goes way backwards. And I'm not claiming Mayfield is that guy.sometimes one incident as a immature college kid is just that.

But I can bet you andrew Luck was not involved in any type of those situations in college.

^^^^

and also

You can have your opinions. Thats fine. But dont pretend like youre right. Youre wrong. Dead wrong. People who know better than me or you say youre wrong. Your status will be "wrong" only until youre proven right. Until that day (which wont be until Bakers 2nd or 3rd year in the NFL), youre wrong.
    I'm not pretending anything. I don't see a can't miss prospect. I see plenty of red flags. That doesn't mean I'm right or wrong. I'm biased, I love a big strong QB who can hold their ground and make balanced throws when being jostled in the pocket. I also love guys who can keep their head down the field even when they're moving because their not really on the run they're sliding from pressure and adjusting to make their throw. I also like bigger guys who don't have to radically change their throwing position to create lanes. If they can keep their throwing motion really compact and fast that's a huge plus.

As far as the off the field stuff back in the day when I lived in NY and the Jets passed on Marino and took Ken O'Brein because there were rumors Marino smoked pot I was ready to commit suicide. I watched Aaron Rodger throwing the ball on the sidelines and I was shocked he wasn't the No. 1 pick in the draft having seen not 1 of his college football games. I'm the first to admit I don't get overly hung up on college performance or stats. To me it's the release the vision and the ability to see the field fractionally faster than anyone else. I watched Mayfield against teams that played no defense where he had an OL that was absolutely dominating. I watched him a couple of snaps in the Senior bowl looking like he was getting pushed off his spot. He looked overmatched when he was facing equal competition. Against Georgia he played well but not great when they made the adjustments in the second half.

If you're right I suspect he goes to Cleveland or NY. If Luck isn't healthy maybe the Colts. If PFF is right he should be the No. 1 pick. Cleveland certainly needs a QB and so do the Giants and maybe even the Colts.

Kid sounds like Ryan Leaf but Tiny.

No thanks.
    New board come join us. http://arizonacardinals.freeforums.net/

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    you're missing the point. Floyd had one incident I believe in college and he convinced those it was isolated. Given a million dollars as a professional just increases the chances a bad character goes way backwards. And I'm not claiming Mayfield is that guy.sometimes one incident as a immature college kid is just that.

But I can bet you andrew Luck was not involved in any type of those situations in college.
    Baker doesnt have bad character. His "crime" is something every college student does. He was drunk on a sidewalk, got in an altercation because hes a celebrity and another drunk dude wanted the notoriety and the cops came. Thats normal.

Dont normalize drunk driving. Floyds 1 DUI was worse than Nkemdiche getting high and falling out a window. To me drunk driving is on par with hitting women. If Baker ever got a DUI, Id X him too.

We can discuss the severity of Bakers arrest. To me, its not even notable. He got arrested for the same thing young Bill Gates got arrested for as a teenager. Being a teenager. Being drunk in public is what every 40 year old does on vacation. Lets not hang the 20 year old.

I also love guys who can keep their head down the field even when they're moving because their not really on the run they're sliding from pressure and adjusting to make their throw.

If they can keep their throwing motion really compact and fast that's a huge plus.

To me it's the release the vision and the ability to see the field fractionally faster than anyone else.

I watched him a couple of snaps in the Senior bowl looking like he was getting pushed off his spot. He looked overmatched when he was facing equal competition.

Theres nothing else I can do but keep posting this ad nauseum

Did you actually read it? Because if you did you see that Baker is the #1 under pressure QB in college in 2015, 2016 and 2017. So it shouldnt be a surprised when im exasperated to hear these "Im concerned how he does under pressure" comments.

Hes the single best QB on earth (in college) under pressure, lets just say that.

I'm not pretending anything. I don't see a can't miss prospect. I see plenty of red flags. That doesn't mean I'm right or wrong. I'm biased, I love a big strong QB who can hold their ground and make balanced throws when being jostled in the pocket.
    Scroll to the 5:00 mark and pay attention to what happens to the Baylor Safety who has a clear shot on Mayfield. And then watch it again and pay attention to how accurate the throw was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJbdMNtYJtw

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Scroll to the 5:00 mark and pay attention to what happens to the Baylor Safety who has a clear shot on Mayfield. And then watch it again and pay attention to how accurate the throw was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJbdMNtYJtw
    It was a nice throw but I'm not sure what your point is? Pre-snap read one on one with a blitz. He threw the ball before the pressure got there. It was nice but it wasn't something out of the ordinary. That's a routine throw in single coverage. What makes that throw easy at the college level is the separation by the WR was immediate. You have to get the ball out front and keep it in the field. It was a perfect pass but it wasn't a special pass.

Here's an NFL throw that's special. Going through the progression and putting a dime on a guy in double coverage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cXqbqMgNoE