Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Tyrann and agent asked to take a paycut it's now official

Quote Originally Posted by JamArtist View Post
    I am glad he is staying. I think he returns to All Pro form this year.
    It all comes down to whether he regains his fondness for sound tackling.

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    It would almost certainly turn most of his 2018 base into a signing bonus.

First part is right. Second part is false. And further proof that you have absolutely no idea how the cap works.

The most likely scenario is that Mathieu will convert most of his base to bonus, and Keim will spread the bonus out over the last 4 years of the deal.

For instance, if they restructure the base and roster payments into signing bonus, and re-do the base at $3.75M, it creates a $6.85M 2018 cap number.

His dead hits for the next 3 years after would be:

2019: $7.95M
    2020: $4.85M
    2021: $3.75M

That would put $10.75M in Mathieu's pocket immediately if the base was gtd.

That still leaves about an $8M difference with what Mathieu had been guaranteed, so the 2019 year would likely still have to be fully guaranteed, and that would create a gaudy $15.75M cap number in 2019... but Arizona will have plenty of space next year.
    you keep alluding to this as if you have a lot of money and can afford to waste it. MOney is precious in the NFL and we sure need it for FA and resigning our guys.

HB is deadwood whether he stays or not.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    you keep alluding to this as if you have a lot of money and can afford to waste it. MOney is precious in the NFL and we sure need it for FA and resigning our guys.

HB is deadwood whether he stays or not.
    Only you think this. And other trolls. I would venture to guess that 99% of the NFL thinks Mathieu is still a good player with positional flexibility who would likely command $7M-$8M on the open market.

And only you would complain about a move that keeps Mathieu in Arizona AND could cut his 2018 cap number by more than half.

Only you think this. And other trolls. I would venture to guess that 99% of the NFL thinks Mathieu is still a good player with positional flexibility who would likely command $7M-$8M on the open market.

And only you would complain about a move that keeps Mathieu in Arizona AND could cut his 2018 cap number by more than half.
    He's not a good player. In fact if not for his reputation he may not have seen the field much in the NFL. He was really bad last year.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    He's not a good player. In fact if not for his reputation he may not have seen the field much in the NFL. He was really bad last year.
    False.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryRhodes26 View Post
    To go .500?
    If Bradford stays healthy this is a playoff team, no question.

I actually value cap in 2019 more than this year, as this to me is not a year for winning a Super Bowl. Itís a year of transition to new coaches, new locker room mentality, new schemes, new QBs, retooled roster. Too much new to expect much, but plenty to build on. 2018 let a rookie QB ease into the offense. 2018 let a new, young Oline gel. 2018 let the solid young D players learn their new defense.

Then in 2019 re-evaluate and have as much cap available as possible to retool, revamp and start winning for years.

Only thing I would want them to free up money for this year is young Oline studs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    If Bradford stays healthy this is a playoff team, no question.
    no doubt,,,but staying healthy is a pretty tall order...we hope we hope
    Last edited by RimrockCard; 03-13-2018 at 02:20 PM.
    Adios Compadres ...Its been a HOOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    I actually value cap in 2019 more than this year, as this to me is not a year for winning a Super Bowl. Itís a year of transition to new coaches, new locker room mentality, new schemes, new QBs, retooled roster. Too much new to expect much, but plenty to build on. 2018 let a rookie QB ease into the offense. 2018 let a new, young Oline gel. 2018 let the solid young D players learn their new defense.

Then in 2019 re-evaluate and have as much cap available as possible to retool, revamp and start winning for years.

Only thing I would want them to free up money for this year is young Oline studs.
    Fair. Keep in mind two points though:

If Arizona drafts a QBoF this year, it's almost a guarantee that Bradford comes off the books next year. The Mathieu hit is only about $2M more after a restructure.

Under this scenario, Arizona would have a QB on a rookie deal, and still about $100M in cap space in 2019.

Fair. Keep in mind two points though:

If Arizona drafts a QBoF this year, it's almost a guarantee that Bradford comes off the books next year. The Mathieu hit is only about $2M more after a restructure.

Under this scenario, Arizona would have a QB on a rookie deal, and still about $100M in cap space in 2019.
    Thatís the scenario Iíve been hoping for. If Bradford can last half a season and then they feel the rookie is ready, and then shows potential, Iíll be a happy fan. Always a big IF on a rookie, but itís where we are as a franchise. If we hit it on a QBOF, we have cap room to get back in the conversation quickly. Iíd still draft 2 QBs or one plus a 7th rounder trade for Chad Kelly, to hedge bets a bit.