Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    There's a crazy idea that Sam Bradford is Carson Palmer. Sam Bradford has never sniffed a trip to the pro-bowl. Carson Palmer actually had several winning seasons and 2 pro bowl selections before we got him. I actually think Glennon could be better starting for us from game 1 with a good OL and running attack.
    Wasn't the idea more that Bradford "could" become CP'ish with an improved O-line and David, Fitz, and other players like TJ Logan in good health and being solid contributors?

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    Wasn't the idea more that Bradford "could" become CP'ish with an improved O-line and David, Fitz, and other players like TJ Logan in good health and being solid contributors?
    The guys been in the league for 8 years. There's no indication that he was ever CP'ish. CP carried the Bengals to the playoffs.

Suddenly out of nowhere Sam Bradford will stay healthy and win more then 8 games in a single season.

He has never done so.

according to some he throws a nice spiral.

We paid 20 million dollars for a marketing campaign.

Lets hope McCoy spends quality time getting Glennon prepped to finish out the season when Sam goes down. All #2QB's in this league are valuable.
    Big Red fan since 1967

Quote Originally Posted by SMITTY View Post
    Lets hope McCoy spends quality time getting Glennon prepped to finish out the season when Sam goes down. All #2QB's in this league are valuable.
    Arians was high on Glennon. Says he studies hard and works out hard. The cards tried to get him according to BA.

He is far better then Gabbert and Stanton.

Once Bradford goes down I'm going to be curious to see what we have in Glennon.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    Arians was high on Glennon. Says he studies hard and works out hard. The cards tried to get him according to BA.

He is far better then Gabbert and Stanton.

Once Bradford goes down I'm going to be curious to see what we have in Glennon.
    I'd prefer we draft a QB and start Glennon. 10 million more this year and 5 next year. I don't think Sam goes down. I don't think he ever plays for us. The deal MN gave Cousins makes no sense if they thought Sam could play.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    I'd prefer we draft a QB and start Glennon. 10 million more this year and 5 next year. I don't think Sam goes down. I don't think he ever plays for us. The deal MN gave Cousins makes no sense if they thought Sam could play.
    It’s a league of egos. Hence why we signed GB last season.

‘We can fix him.’

This year it’s Bradford.

‘We will keep him healthy and will be a top 5 QB.’

‘Just watch his accuracy.’
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    Suddenly out of nowhere Sam Bradford will stay healthy and win more then 8 games in a single season.

He has never done so.

according to some he throws a nice spiral.

We paid 20 million dollars for a marketing campaign.
    It's $10.6M for cap purposes. With per game incentives that could make it $15.6M if he plays all 16.

And what did Stafford do his first 6 seasons? With much more coaching stability than Bradford has ever been offered, plus a HoF WR, which Bradford has never had.

Bradford might stink. He might be great. He might play 16 games, he might play 0. But burying the guy before he even takes one snap is absolutely insane.

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    It’s a league of egos. Hence why we signed GB last season.

‘We can fix him.’

This year it’s Bradford.

‘We will keep him healthy and will be a top 5 QB.’

‘Just watch his accuracy.’

Gabbert was brought in to be the #3QB at a bargain basement price. Not sure how anyone here can knock that.

He's not an NFL starter.

As a guy who makes no money, is buried on the depth chart, and MIGHT have top step in and not completely soil the bed if your top-2 QB go down? You could do worse.

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Gabbert was brought in to be the #3QB at a bargain basement price. Not sure how anyone here can knock that.

He's not an NFL starter.

As a guy who makes no money, is buried on the depth chart, and MIGHT have top step in and not completely soil the bed if your top-2 QB go down? You could do worse.
    That is not why he was brought in. Both SK and Arians thought he had the potential to be our QBOF that's why he was brought in. Both of them after seeing him play said he could and would start on several teams. There was absolutely no reason to bring him in as a third QB. We could have brought in an UDFA as a third QB. SK, Arians and everyone on the planet knew we weren't signing him to ensure our SB run if both Palmer and Stanton went down. He was brought in because they both thought he had first round talent and wanted to see if stability might bring it out for us. Everyone knew Palmer was going to leave and Stanton was a decent backup. Gabbert was brought in to see if he could be our future QB. That's what both Arians and SK said when he was signed and continued to say after seeing him in camp and pre-season.

It was a shot in the dark and reasonable. It didn't work. Stop making something up that didn't happen.