Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by JimHart View Post
    No cherry picking on my part. The person I responded to is the one who held up Bradford's 2016 season as proof of the "perfect QB".
    Sorry it still was cherry picking even if one of the 3 Stooges, ie. Curly, did say he was a "perfect QB". Bradford did not cause the Vikes to have an 8-8 season in 2016. That was your base of contention, that he did cause/was responsible for the 8-8 record just because he was the QB of that team.

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    Sorry it still was cherry picking even if one of the 3 Stooges, ie. Curly, did say he was a "perfect QB". Bradford did not cause the Vikes to have an 8-8 season in 2016. That was your base of contention, that he did cause/was responsible for the 8-8 record just because he was the QB of that team.
    Nope. This isn't that hard to understand. Again, I was responding to the statement given that the "perfect QB" produces "a lot of wins". That very same QB, in the very same season mentioned by that poster, produced an 8-8 season wherein Bradford was only involved in 7 of those wins. I think by any metric, 7 wins is not going to be construed with "a lot of wins". It's not cherry picking to point out the errors in someone else's statement.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHart View Post
    Nope. This isn't that hard to understand. Again, I was responding to the statement given that the "perfect QB" produces "a lot of wins". That very same QB, in the very same season mentioned by that poster, produced an 8-8 season wherein Bradford was only involved in 7 of those wins. I think by any metric, 7 wins is not going to be construed with "a lot of wins". It's not cherry picking to point out the errors in someone else's statement.
    Okay so we will just disagree on this subject then.

OT Do have a question for you though, Did you watch the Cards play in St. Louis? And if so when? I got to see them a few times live at Busch in the mid and late 70's.

OT Do have a question for you though, Did you watch the Cards play in St. Louis? And if so when? I got to see them a few times live at Busch in the mid and late 70's.
    Sadly I never got that privilege. I'm a Cards fan because my dad and my grandfather were, but I grew up in California and Arizona, so until 1988 I never had the opportunity to see the Cards live. You can imagine how ecstatic I was when I heard the Cards were coming to Arizona!

I haven't watched a live game at UofP yet. It's gonna happen though, maybe in 2018. I'm kicking around the idea w/ the Missus of riding my new Harley CVO roundtrip from VA to AZ, maybe late in the season after the desert heat is gone. The trip would be delayed a bit if the team is down to b/u QBs and no RB again, and 0-15 going into the last game.

Of course he wasn't. They were 7 and 8 with him. They went 8 and 8 because Shaun Hill won his only start.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Could not be more wrong. Bradford has alot of Q's, but arm is none of them. Most pundits say that when healthy, Bradford has the best combination of accuracy and power in the NFL.

In 2016 when he played the entire season, he threw for 4,000 yards at 71% accuracy. Thats a perfect QB. Thats alot of wins on the right team.
    Sounds like you convinced yourself that the Cards got a a good QB. Problem is that he doesn't win even with all his "perfect" stats. I would say the Vikings have a good team and he went 7-8 in his really only action (remember that the Vikings started off 5-0)

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    Problem is that he doesn't win even with all his "perfect" stats
    Kind of like Dallas for the last 20 years. They just don't win.
    Last edited by WVcardsFan; 03-22-2018 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    Sounds like you convinced yourself that the Cards got a a good QB. Problem is that he doesn't win even with all his "perfect" stats. I would say the Vikings have a good team and he went 7-8 in his really only action (remember that the Vikings started off 5-0)
    He is a very good QB. Stats are a representation of what youve done. Stats are black and white. Emotionless. Opinions dont matter in the face of stats. And the stats say hes extremely good. Why he doesnt win? Who knows. But when it comes to doing his job, he does it very well. He completes most his passes to his WRs, throws plenty of TDs and throws few INTs. Isnt that the job of the QB?

Is a Joe Thomas not a HOF LT because he never went to a playoff game in his career? How you perform your job is all that matters. The win/loss is irrelevant.

We like to put all glory/fault on the QB, but in reality, hes no different than the kicker or #2 CB. All he has to do is his job. Bradford does his job very well. (high accuracy, good yards, good TD/INT ratio)

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Kind of like Dallas for the last 20 years. They just don't win.
    Pretty much, that is everyone minus New England and Pittsburgh