Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 406

Thread: Sam Bradford

  1. #361
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    62

    Default warts

    Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Way to use a made-up stat by ESPN as the cornerstone of your argument. You just lost ALL credibility.

    His OL was a joke in 2016.

    One more time- Bradford was #1 in the NFL in 2016 in deep ball accuracy. Number One. To say he's a "checkdown" QB is ridiculous.

    Sam Bradford is one of the most accurate QB's in the NFL. He can make every throw.

    His three warts: Never had continuity at OC, played on bad teams his first 6 years, and those injuries.

    I'll take those negatives over things like "54%," "no touch," or "noodle arm."
    Bradford has 5 warts, not 3

    4-he is a whiner/crybaby type

    5-he can throw the ball against air-under ANY PRESSURE AT ALL HE CRUMBLES-he has been this way since his time at oklahoma-WATCH HIS GAME FILM-NOT JUST HIS HIGHLIGHTS

    now that cards have worst o-line in the nfl I would expect he will be pressured.

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    5,773

    Default

    The 1-year $15M contract sums up what SK thinks about Bradford and the 2018 season. To use a stock market analogy, SK is almost "shorting" this QB, i.e., he's no Honey Badger. Lol.

  3. #363
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal, QC - Canada
    Posts
    8,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcardinalfan View Post
    Bradford has 5 warts, not 3

    4-he is a whiner/crybaby type

    5-he can throw the ball against air-under ANY PRESSURE AT ALL HE CRUMBLES-he has been this way since his time at oklahoma-WATCH HIS GAME FILM-NOT JUST HIS HIGHLIGHTS

    now that cards have worst o-line in the nfl I would expect he will be pressured.
    1. Our new O-line hasn't played a down.

    2. While they've been injury plagued, 4 of our 5 projected starters are first round picks.

    (Given the extensive research that leads you to say that we have the worst O-line in the League, who has the second worst?)
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post

    (Given the extensive research that leads you to say that we have the worst O-line in the League, who has the second worst?)
    What team did Bradford last play for? That team.

  5. #365
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal, QC - Canada
    Posts
    8,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    What team did Bradford last play for? That team.
    The Vikings!

    OK... fine.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,239

    Default

    I watched him at Oklahoma. He has a strong arm and can make every throw. He is very accurate as well. Aside from being injury prone, his one major flaw is his slow release. He tends to hold onto the ball and this is why he is affected by pressure. This is also why he has been more injury prone. A lot of the hits he has taken are self induced because he didn't get rid of the ball. Quick release is another feature that is required in today's NFL. When you look at QB's like Kurt Warner or even Tom Brady, they could compensate for their lack of mobility/and or offensive line because they made quick reads and got the ball out of their hands so quickly.

    But if you can protect Sam, he can do amazing things. That being said, we got rid of our best offensive lineman in Jared Veldheer. He was not only our best offensive lineman, he was our best left tackle. Those of you who think DJ was a better LT than Veldheer will learn pretty quickly how wrong you were. Sam is going to get destroyed this year. We also have no Center so Sam will face pressure up the middle.

    I think the Cardinals are tanking this season. Sam is going to get killed and he won't return in 2019. The Cardinals will free up a ton of cap space to compete in 2019 and maybe even have a top 5 pick.
    Last edited by cardinalsDO; 04-15-2018 at 09:53 AM.
    Go Cardinals!

  7. #367
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal, QC - Canada
    Posts
    8,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post
    I watched him at Oklahoma. He has a strong arm and can make every throw. He is very accurate as well. Aside from being injury prone, his one major flaw is his slow release. He tends to hold onto the ball and this is why he is affected by pressure. This is also why he has been more injury prone. A lot of the hits he has taken are self induced because he didn't get rid of the ball. Quick release is another feature that is required in today's NFL. When you look at QB's like Kurt Warner or even Tom Brady, they could compensate for their lack of mobility/and or offensive line because they made quick reads and got the ball out of their hands so quickly.

    But if you can protect Sam, he can do amazing things. That being said, we got rid of our best offensive lineman in Jared Veldheer. He was not only our best offensive lineman, he was our best left tackle. Those of you who think DJ was a better LT than Veldheer will learn pretty quickly how wrong you were. Sam is going to get destroyed this year. We also have no Center so Sam will face pressure up the middle.
    Well, if you're right, which I doubt, I'm sure you'll spend months reminding us.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Well, if you're right, which I doubt, I'm sure you'll spend months reminding us.
    He is right, DJ most likely won't have the career Jared Veldheer has had. That said, Veldheer was one foot out the door and the front office made the right choice given the hand they had to play.

  9. #369
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    What?

    Now you're making a lot of hyperbole.

    When I say wildcard I mean potential upside for the future. Bridgewater is a first round pick who has played well before his one injury.
    If the injury does not limit him we have a good young QB who can contribute for years. We don't know his ceiling yet. No doubt there is some risk there.

    Sam is now on his fourth team. He has never had more then 8 wins. He has missed large chunks of multiple seasons and he, not Bridgewater, has a degenerate knee. He will not play more then half the schedule here. Now pay attention to this. You say "You have no way of knowing this." It's part of the evaluation process in selecting a player. YES you're correct Einstein any player can be hurt at anytime. But lets compare two players for sake of argument (since this is so difficult for you). Take Eli Manning and Sam Bradford. Who has the better chance of lasting a season?
    You get it now?
    If Sam does go down with another major injury you are one of several people on this site who will no doubt say I told you so. How sad is that? No one knows how the season will play out, not even you.

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    chandler AZ
    Posts
    4,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post
    I watched him at Oklahoma. He has a strong arm and can make every throw. He is very accurate as well. Aside from being injury prone, his one major flaw is his slow release. He tends to hold onto the ball and this is why he is affected by pressure. This is also why he has been more injury prone. A lot of the hits he has taken are self induced because he didn't get rid of the ball. Quick release is another feature that is required in today's NFL. When you look at QB's like Kurt Warner or even Tom Brady, they could compensate for their lack of mobility/and or offensive line because they made quick reads and got the ball out of their hands so quickly.

    But if you can protect Sam, he can do amazing things. That being said, we got rid of our best offensive lineman in Jared Veldheer. He was not only our best offensive lineman, he was our best left tackle. Those of you who think DJ was a better LT than Veldheer will learn pretty quickly how wrong you were. Sam is going to get destroyed this year. We also have no Center so Sam will face pressure up the middle.

    I think the Cardinals are tanking this season. Sam is going to get killed and he won't return in 2019. The Cardinals will free up a ton of cap space to compete in 2019 and maybe even have a top 5 pick.
    Until proven otherwise our line is a joke. But I would differ with you on Valdheer. If he was indeed any good we would have gotten more then a 6 for him.

    I have my doubts he last the year in Denver.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •