Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post
    I watched him at Oklahoma. He has a strong arm and can make every throw. He is very accurate as well. Aside from being injury prone, his one major flaw is his slow release. He tends to hold onto the ball and this is why he is affected by pressure. This is also why he has been more injury prone. A lot of the hits he has taken are self induced because he didn't get rid of the ball. Quick release is another feature that is required in today's NFL. When you look at QB's like Kurt Warner or even Tom Brady, they could compensate for their lack of mobility/and or offensive line because they made quick reads and got the ball out of their hands so quickly.

But if you can protect Sam, he can do amazing things. That being said, we got rid of our best offensive lineman in Jared Veldheer. He was not only our best offensive lineman, he was our best left tackle. Those of you who think DJ was a better LT than Veldheer will learn pretty quickly how wrong you were. Sam is going to get destroyed this year. We also have no Center so Sam will face pressure up the middle.

I think the Cardinals are tanking this season. Sam is going to get killed and he won't return in 2019. The Cardinals will free up a ton of cap space to compete in 2019 and maybe even have a top 5 pick.
    Valdheer looked completely done to me as a LT. Humphries would start over him at LT on every team in the NFL at this point. The problem with Humphries is he hasn't been able to stay on the field and he hasn't played with a decent guard and center ever. The biggest problem with our OL is health and center. If they guys they brought in stay healthy and we can get a decent center we have a shot to patch it up. If Shipley is starting at center the LT is exposed because he can't push the rush around the QB because the QB can't step up in the pocket. The edge rusher ends up being pushed into the QB instead of around him. Sam is dead with Shipley.

Quote Originally Posted by Oregonredbird View Post
    If Sam does go down with another major injury you are one of several people on this site who will no doubt say I told you so. How sad is that? No one knows how the season will play out, not even you.
    I'm telling you right now he's not playing the season. I have severe doubts he will play in half the games.

this is a public relations signing.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    I'm telling you right now he's not playing the season. I have severe doubts he will play in half the games.

Ok...

Nostradamus.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Valdheer looked completely done to me as a LT. Humphries would start over him at LT on every team in the NFL at this point. The problem with Humphries is he hasn't been able to stay on the field and he hasn't played with a decent guard and center ever. The biggest problem with our OL is health and center. If they guys they brought in stay healthy and we can get a decent center we have a shot to patch it up. If Shipley is starting at center the LT is exposed because he can't push the rush around the QB because the QB can't step up in the pocket. The edge rusher ends up being pushed into the QB instead of around him. Sam is dead with Shipley.
    Our running game was quite good in the few games Hump was coupled with Iupati. And pass protection by the LT is irrelevant to whether the centre holds up. The LT handles outside shoulder rushes on his own and teams with the LG on inside moves.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post

Most people tend to agree with you. You should do a poll. I'd do one, but I think it would sort of be in bad taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Eickhorn View Post
    Most people tend to agree with you. You should do a poll. I'd do one, but I think it would sort of be in bad taste.
    a 100% could agree and it still adds up to nothing at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    a 100% could agree and it still adds up to nothing at this point.
    It's not real LIKELY Sam will play all year, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. I wouldn't wanna bet money on it, but if I didn't
    he would last all year..
    Last edited by CardCore; 04-15-2018 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Our running game was quite good in the few games Hump was coupled with Iupati. And pass protection by the LT is irrelevant to whether the centre holds up. The LT handles outside shoulder rushes on his own and teams with the LG on inside moves.
    If the QB canít step up into the pocket the End isnít being pushed beyond the QB by the LT. Good DE can pull the QB down with one hand if he canít step up.

Default opinions

the thing I enjoy most about this board is the differing opinions-we all think we know best...lol

I usually focus on the negative but heres a positive spin:

sk drafts qbof, stud o-lineman and a good #2 corner...with dj running behind healthy line cards control line of scrimmage...Bradford plays 16 games and has mvp type year...Williams and seal-jones become very good...Robert n becomes dominant in 4-3 and golden is fully recovered and plays at near all pro level...logan is dynamic on returns and dawson only misses 1 kick all year.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcardinalfan View Post
    the thing I enjoy most about this board is the differing opinions-we all think we know best...lol

I usually focus on the negative but heres a positive spin:

sk drafts qbof, stud o-lineman and a good #2 corner...with dj running behind healthy line cards control line of scrimmage...Bradford plays 16 games and has mvp type year...Williams and seal-jones become very good...Robert n becomes dominant in 4-3 and golden is fully recovered and plays at near all pro level...logan is dynamic on returns and dawson only misses 1 kick all year.
    There's a crazy idea that Sam Bradford is Carson Palmer. Sam Bradford has never sniffed a trip to the pro-bowl. Carson Palmer actually had several winning seasons and 2 pro bowl selections before we got him. I actually think Glennon could be better starting for us from game 1 with a good OL and running attack.