Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 417

Thread: Sam Bradford

  1. #391
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    It's $10.6M for cap purposes. With per game incentives that could make it $15.6M if he plays all 16.

    And what did Stafford do his first 6 seasons? With much more coaching stability than Bradford has ever been offered, plus a HoF WR, which Bradford has never had.

    Bradford might stink. He might be great. He might play 16 games, he might play 0. But burying the guy before he even takes one snap is absolutely insane.
    He is guaranteed 15 million. If he's on the roster when the season starts he picks up another 600K this year.

    Stafford first 6 years 21,714 Yards 127 TD's 2 playoff appearances 1 pro bowl Plays in the division with the best QB in the NFC.
    Bradford first 6 years 14790 Yards 81 TD' no playoff appearances

    Stafford had a 40TD season coupled with 5,000 yards. Stafford has a 21 TD season in 16 game starts. They aren't comparable in any way.

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Gabbert was brought in to be the #3QB at a bargain basement price. Not sure how anyone here can knock that.

    He's not an NFL starter.

    As a guy who makes no money, is buried on the depth chart, and MIGHT have top step in and not completely soil the bed if your top-2 QB go down? You could do worse.
    Revisionist boot licker history right here.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    The guys been in the league for 8 years. There's no indication that he was ever CP'ish. CP carried the Bengals to the playoffs.
    I see you skipped over the "could" condition I put in my question over this supposed allegation. Okay what ever.

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    Revisionist boot licker history right here.
    Not at all. Not in any sense, whatsoever.

    Gabbert was signed to compete for the back-up role. He was never, ever considered competition for Palmer.

    Stanton beat out Gabbert for the #2 spot.

    Gabbert only played once both Palmer and Stanton could not go.

    Once Stanton begged and pleaded to go back in (even with a bad injury,) Gabbert was benched.

    So again, Gabbert was never brought in to be anything other than a cheap, #3QB who- if he HAD to play- could steer the ship without driving it into an iceberg. With a 2-2 record, he did just that. Nothing more, nothing less. Gabbert was, is, and will always be a back-up. And everyone has always known that.

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chandler
    Posts
    2,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    Revisionist boot licker history right here.
    The Gabbert signing was a no brainer signing in my opinion. He wasnt signed to start, he was a third stringer being brought in to see what he had and be insurance for a team that has had injuries at the position.

    Nobody knew the season would be a failure and had we made it far and gotten injuries I take Gabbert all day long over bringing Lindley off someoneís practice squad.

    Considering the third stringers we have carried or didnt have on the roster many other issues to complain about. Canít get mad at some people on a QB desperate team getting a little excited when he looked decent.

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    The Gabbert signing was a no brainer signing in my opinion. He wasnt signed to start, he was a third stringer being brought in to see what he had and be insurance for a team that has had injuries at the position.

    Nobody knew the season would be a failure and had we made it far and gotten injuries I take Gabbert all day long over bringing Lindley off someone’s practice squad.

    Considering the third stringers we have carried or didnt have on the roster many other issues to complain about. Can’t get mad at some people on a QB desperate team getting a little excited when he looked decent.
    Gabbert was cheap no doubt but he was brought in to see if he could be a possible gap 1 QB instead of Stanton. There were plenty of fans that said he was better than Stanton. Now that the dream went down as a fiery ball of failure people want to change the narrative. People are going to force me into posting the Blain Gabbert thread.
    Last edited by native az; 04-16-2018 at 05:02 PM.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    I see you skipped over the "could" condition I put in my question over this supposed allegation. Okay what ever.
    True SK and Arians said Gabbert COULD start for several NFL teams.

  8. #398
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    Gabbert was cheap no doubt but he was brought in to see if he could be a possible gap 1 QB instead of Stanton. There were plenty of fans that said he was better than Stanton. Now that the dream went down as a fiery ball of failure people want to change the narrative. People are going to force me into posting the Blain Gabbert thread.
    You're absolutely right. I was for the deal because I hoped a change of venue might help. That's exactly the narrative that was sold by the Cardinals organization. It got louder during TC and pre-season and that was from the organization. Personally I thought it was worth a shot and said so. He wasn't brought in here to be a third string QB. That's nonsense. They knew Palmer was on his last year and wanted to see if they could get another long term starter.

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    He wasn't brought in here to be a third string QB. That's nonsense. They knew Palmer was on his last year and wanted to see if they could get another long term starter.
    What's nonsense would be signing a guy you hope could be a long-term solution to a one-year deal, knowing Palmer was on his last year (even though he had two years left on his contract.)

    Believe what you want, but the TRUTH is that Gabbert was signed to push Stanton for QB2, but couldn't beat him out and instead turned into a QB3 who was at least not a dumpster fire like Lindley or Barkley or Thomas, etc etc etc.

    But whatever makes you feel better, Biggs.

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Verde Valley
    Posts
    7,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    What's nonsense would be signing a guy you hope could be a long-term solution to a one-year deal, knowing Palmer was on his last year (even though he had two years left on his contract.)

    Believe what you want, but the TRUTH is that Gabbert was signed to push Stanton for QB2, but couldn't beat him out and instead turned into a QB3 who was at least not a dumpster fire like Lindley or Barkley or Thomas, etc etc etc.

    But whatever makes you feel better, Biggs.
    No his post is totally true..BG was an attempted cover up by BASK that thankfully failed because CP got injured to soon..Thank God..if BG had only started the last 2 game he would be our starting QB right now..and you know it
    The Wilks era begin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •