Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast

Thread: Sam Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    I see you skipped over the "could" condition I put in my question over this supposed allegation. Okay what ever.
    True SK and Arians said Gabbert COULD start for several NFL teams.

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    Gabbert was cheap no doubt but he was brought in to see if he could be a possible gap 1 QB instead of Stanton. There were plenty of fans that said he was better than Stanton. Now that the dream went down as a fiery ball of failure people want to change the narrative. People are going to force me into posting the Blain Gabbert thread.
    You're absolutely right. I was for the deal because I hoped a change of venue might help. That's exactly the narrative that was sold by the Cardinals organization. It got louder during TC and pre-season and that was from the organization. Personally I thought it was worth a shot and said so. He wasn't brought in here to be a third string QB. That's nonsense. They knew Palmer was on his last year and wanted to see if they could get another long term starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    He wasn't brought in here to be a third string QB. That's nonsense. They knew Palmer was on his last year and wanted to see if they could get another long term starter.
    What's nonsense would be signing a guy you hope could be a long-term solution to a one-year deal, knowing Palmer was on his last year (even though he had two years left on his contract.)

Believe what you want, but the TRUTH is that Gabbert was signed to push Stanton for QB2, but couldn't beat him out and instead turned into a QB3 who was at least not a dumpster fire like Lindley or Barkley or Thomas, etc etc etc.

But whatever makes you feel better, Biggs.

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    What's nonsense would be signing a guy you hope could be a long-term solution to a one-year deal, knowing Palmer was on his last year (even though he had two years left on his contract.)

Believe what you want, but the TRUTH is that Gabbert was signed to push Stanton for QB2, but couldn't beat him out and instead turned into a QB3 who was at least not a dumpster fire like Lindley or Barkley or Thomas, etc etc etc.

But whatever makes you feel better, Biggs.
    No his post is totally true..BG was an attempted cover up by BASK that thankfully failed because CP got injured to soon..Thank God..if BG had only started the last 2 game he would be our starting QB right now..and you know it
    Adios Compadres ...Its been a HOOT!

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    It's $10.6M for cap purposes. With per game incentives that could make it $15.6M if he plays all 16.

And what did Stafford do his first 6 seasons? With much more coaching stability than Bradford has ever been offered, plus a HoF WR, which Bradford has never had.

Bradford might stink. He might be great. He might play 16 games, he might play 0. But burying the guy before he even takes one snap is absolutely insane.
    Why is it insane?

Don't you realize this whole forum is speculation?

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that Sam will not play the whole season and most likely will not even play half the games.

But no matter what he's not the answer here. Lets see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    I see you skipped over the "could" condition I put in my question over this supposed allegation. Okay what ever.
    You think everyone who wears a Cardinal uniform is a star.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    You think everyone who wears a Cardinal uniform is a star.
    And you love saying things that you have no facts about.

Why is it insane?

Don't you realize this whole forum is speculation?

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that Sam will not play the whole season and most likely will not even play half the games.

But no matter what he's not the answer here. Lets see what happens.
    It's wrong anyway. He is guaranteed 15 million even if he doesn't make the team. He's salary is 10. He gets a roster bonus of 600K if he makes the roster. If he's cut before the season he counts 10 million this year and 5 million is dead cap money on next years cap. That's locked in. The only potential savings is the 600K if he doesn't make the roster. If he's on the team he's a 10.6 million dollar cap hit this year and 5 million next year when he's off the team. If he makes the roster next year he gets 7.5 Million in base salary, a 5 million dollar signing bonus and a 12.5 million dollar roster bonus. Year 1 10.6 cap hit, cut him 5M cap hit in 2019. If he starts for us in 2019 he's cap hit is 25 million with 5 million dead cap rolling into 2020.

The contract is designed to cut him before the 2019 season and roll the 5 million dollar dead cap hit into 2019.

Right now we have 6.25 million in dead cap for Palmer. 10 million in cap for this year and 5 million in dead cap for Sam next year. Mike Glennon will count 2 million this year with a dead cap of 4 million if he doesn't make the team. If he makes the team next year he will count 4 million. If he's he's cut next year he will count 3M in dead cap. The last two years are voidable.

The way these contracts are set up Sam starts this year and gets cut. Glennon or someone else starts next year and Glennon is the backup.

From my POV Sam was a complete waste. Glennon actually has a 2 year deal. Sam is basically on a 1 year deal. Based on Sam's injury history and his inability to consistently deliver the ball down the field when under pressure I don't see him as a good tutor for a drafted QB. Even if he makes it through this year putting 25 million into him for a 2nd year is nuts. The Glennon signing makes sense. He's probably as good a backup as Gabbert or Stanton and is young enough to have some upside. We have to draft a QB who can actually play NFL football. Sam's deal doesn't change that 1 bit.
    Last edited by Biggs; 04-17-2018 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    It's wrong anyway. He is guaranteed 15 million even if he doesn't make the team. He's salary is 10. He gets a roster bonus of 600K if he makes the roster. If he's cut before the season he counts 10 million this year and 5 million is dead cap money on next years cap. That's locked in. The only potential savings is the 600K if he doesn't make the roster. If he's on the team he's a 10.6 million dollar cap hit this year and 5 million next year when he's off the team. If he makes the roster next year he gets 7.5 Million in base salary, a 5 million dollar signing bonus and a 12.5 million dollar roster bonus. Year 1 10.6 cap hit, cut him 5M cap hit in 2019. If he starts for us in 2019 he's cap hit is 25 million with 5 million dead cap rolling into 2020.

The contract is designed to cut him before the 2019 season and roll the 5 million dollar dead cap hit into 2019.

Right now we have 6.25 million in dead cap for Palmer. 10 million in cap for this year and 5 million in dead cap for Sam next year. Mike Glennon will count 2 million this year with a dead cap of 4 million if he doesn't make the team. If he makes the team next year he will count 4 million. If he's he's cut next year he will count 3M in dead cap. The last two years are voidable.

The way these contracts are set up Sam starts this year and gets cut. Glennon or someone else starts next year and Glennon is the backup.

From my POV Sam was a complete waste. Glennon actually has a 2 year deal. Sam is basically on a 1 year deal. Based on Sam's injury history and his inability to consistently deliver the ball down the field when under pressure I don't see him as a good tutor for a drafted QB. Even if he makes it through this year putting 25 million into him for a 2nd year is nuts. The Glennon signing makes sense. He's probably as good a backup as Gabbert or Stanton and is young enough to have some upside. We have to draft a QB who can actually play NFL football. Sam's deal doesn't change that 1 bit.
    I wont even post BG's pathetic career stats but Glennon's stats blow away Stanton's.

Glennon: ave. 197 y/p/g. 60 % passer, 83 rating, 34/20 TD's/INT

Stanton: ave 106 y/p/g 52 %, 66 rating, 20/24 TD's/INT.

Glennon has a chance to be a decent QB. Perhaps even as a starter. I have much more faith in him then Sam even being a bridge QB. SAm is a public relations signing.

I wont even post BG's pathetic career stats but Glennon's stats blow away Stanton's.

Glennon: ave. 197 y/p/g. 60 % passer, 83 rating, 34/20 TD's/INT

Stanton: ave 106 y/p/g 52 %, 66 rating, 20/24 TD's/INT.

Glennon has a chance to be a decent QB. Perhaps even as a starter. I have much more faith in him then Sam even being a bridge QB. SAm is a public relations signing.
    Good point. It's crazy how decent Glennon's stats actually are. Because public opinion would lead you to believe he's somehow the worst QB ever.

Put him on a team that isn't crap and he could be solid.