Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thread: Sam Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    It's $10.6M for cap purposes. With per game incentives that could make it $15.6M if he plays all 16.

And what did Stafford do his first 6 seasons? With much more coaching stability than Bradford has ever been offered, plus a HoF WR, which Bradford has never had.

Bradford might stink. He might be great. He might play 16 games, he might play 0. But burying the guy before he even takes one snap is absolutely insane.
    Why is it insane?

Don't you realize this whole forum is speculation?

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that Sam will not play the whole season and most likely will not even play half the games.

But no matter what he's not the answer here. Lets see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    I see you skipped over the "could" condition I put in my question over this supposed allegation. Okay what ever.
    You think everyone who wears a Cardinal uniform is a star.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    You think everyone who wears a Cardinal uniform is a star.
    And you love saying things that you have no facts about.

Why is it insane?

Don't you realize this whole forum is speculation?

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that Sam will not play the whole season and most likely will not even play half the games.

But no matter what he's not the answer here. Lets see what happens.
    It's wrong anyway. He is guaranteed 15 million even if he doesn't make the team. He's salary is 10. He gets a roster bonus of 600K if he makes the roster. If he's cut before the season he counts 10 million this year and 5 million is dead cap money on next years cap. That's locked in. The only potential savings is the 600K if he doesn't make the roster. If he's on the team he's a 10.6 million dollar cap hit this year and 5 million next year when he's off the team. If he makes the roster next year he gets 7.5 Million in base salary, a 5 million dollar signing bonus and a 12.5 million dollar roster bonus. Year 1 10.6 cap hit, cut him 5M cap hit in 2019. If he starts for us in 2019 he's cap hit is 25 million with 5 million dead cap rolling into 2020.

The contract is designed to cut him before the 2019 season and roll the 5 million dollar dead cap hit into 2019.

Right now we have 6.25 million in dead cap for Palmer. 10 million in cap for this year and 5 million in dead cap for Sam next year. Mike Glennon will count 2 million this year with a dead cap of 4 million if he doesn't make the team. If he makes the team next year he will count 4 million. If he's he's cut next year he will count 3M in dead cap. The last two years are voidable.

The way these contracts are set up Sam starts this year and gets cut. Glennon or someone else starts next year and Glennon is the backup.

From my POV Sam was a complete waste. Glennon actually has a 2 year deal. Sam is basically on a 1 year deal. Based on Sam's injury history and his inability to consistently deliver the ball down the field when under pressure I don't see him as a good tutor for a drafted QB. Even if he makes it through this year putting 25 million into him for a 2nd year is nuts. The Glennon signing makes sense. He's probably as good a backup as Gabbert or Stanton and is young enough to have some upside. We have to draft a QB who can actually play NFL football. Sam's deal doesn't change that 1 bit.
    Last edited by Biggs; 04-17-2018 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    It's wrong anyway. He is guaranteed 15 million even if he doesn't make the team. He's salary is 10. He gets a roster bonus of 600K if he makes the roster. If he's cut before the season he counts 10 million this year and 5 million is dead cap money on next years cap. That's locked in. The only potential savings is the 600K if he doesn't make the roster. If he's on the team he's a 10.6 million dollar cap hit this year and 5 million next year when he's off the team. If he makes the roster next year he gets 7.5 Million in base salary, a 5 million dollar signing bonus and a 12.5 million dollar roster bonus. Year 1 10.6 cap hit, cut him 5M cap hit in 2019. If he starts for us in 2019 he's cap hit is 25 million with 5 million dead cap rolling into 2020.

The contract is designed to cut him before the 2019 season and roll the 5 million dollar dead cap hit into 2019.

Right now we have 6.25 million in dead cap for Palmer. 10 million in cap for this year and 5 million in dead cap for Sam next year. Mike Glennon will count 2 million this year with a dead cap of 4 million if he doesn't make the team. If he makes the team next year he will count 4 million. If he's he's cut next year he will count 3M in dead cap. The last two years are voidable.

The way these contracts are set up Sam starts this year and gets cut. Glennon or someone else starts next year and Glennon is the backup.

From my POV Sam was a complete waste. Glennon actually has a 2 year deal. Sam is basically on a 1 year deal. Based on Sam's injury history and his inability to consistently deliver the ball down the field when under pressure I don't see him as a good tutor for a drafted QB. Even if he makes it through this year putting 25 million into him for a 2nd year is nuts. The Glennon signing makes sense. He's probably as good a backup as Gabbert or Stanton and is young enough to have some upside. We have to draft a QB who can actually play NFL football. Sam's deal doesn't change that 1 bit.
    I wont even post BG's pathetic career stats but Glennon's stats blow away Stanton's.

Glennon: ave. 197 y/p/g. 60 % passer, 83 rating, 34/20 TD's/INT

Stanton: ave 106 y/p/g 52 %, 66 rating, 20/24 TD's/INT.

Glennon has a chance to be a decent QB. Perhaps even as a starter. I have much more faith in him then Sam even being a bridge QB. SAm is a public relations signing.

I wont even post BG's pathetic career stats but Glennon's stats blow away Stanton's.

Glennon has a chance to be a decent QB. Perhaps even as a starter. I have much more faith in him then Sam even being a bridge QB. SAm is a public relations signing.
    Good point. It's crazy how decent Glennon's stats actually are. Because public opinion would lead you to believe he's somehow the worst QB ever.

Put him on a team that isn't crap and he could be solid.

Quote Originally Posted by NewBigRed View Post
    Good point. It's crazy how decent Glennon's stats actually are. Because public opinion would lead you to believe he's somehow the worst QB ever.

Put him on a team that isn't crap and he could be solid.
    I will say this the guy has been on some very bad teams and never really had a chance to succeed. They might be wise to give him a shot and see where it goes but definitely they need to move on from Bradford. I really like the guy a lot but you just can't count on him. I am feeling lately SK could do something out of character and sell the farm to get their guy in this draft but if SK is predictable he will sit where he is or trade back if possible and get a Qb in the 2nd or 3rd I am thinking possibly Falk or Lauletta but I am hoping if he does that it's Falk.

Thumbs up

If our revamped oline can keep him up right,i think he is going to surprise a lot of people.

He has never played with talent like Fitz and David Johnson.Actually pretty excited to see tgis offense run.
    The more you care..the more it hurts.

Default nice

do you have their respective wins vs losses as starter?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcardinalfan View Post
    do you have their respective wins vs losses as starter?
    Glennon is 6-16
    and stanton 11-6

But would stanton have that record on the same teams as Glennon?

Glennon is a much better QB in my opinion. And he can get better.