Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: We are getting laughed at....

and in a year or two we might be too, or in a year or two the whole nfc west landscape might have shifted, and so on.... why would anyone care about some stupid la radio station? nobody forcing you to listen to their crap...
    Last edited by Switzerland; 03-16-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TMoney View Post
    Go ahead and laugh at us, the offseason is far from over and if we suck for a couple of years so be it. MB will make sure that the Cards are good again. If it's 3-4 years it's 3-4 years from now. I honestly don't think the Cards are going to be as bad this season as everyone seems to be acting like right now though...
    3-4 years? I am 87 years old,and i know that Mr Bill Bidwill is my age. I do not know if either one of us will be here in 3-4 years. Michael Bidwill promised us a winning team,(i assumed that mint at least 1 SB in the last 12 years) He has not lived up to his word. I don't know about his dad ,but if i die before we win a SB, I will if the Lored will let me,come back and haunt him and every GM, and HC we have had since that stadium has been built. And for the rest of all their lives too.Greed is all it is.
    We need a QB of the future NOW!

For the time being, I'm not going to get too excited one way or the other. Remember some of these pundits thought we were Super Bowl contenders a few year's back. And how many of them predicted the Rams would be divisional winners last year?

No matter what moves we make this off season, there will be plenty of room for legitimate criticism. There is simply not a perfect scenario where all would say.....yeah that's the ticket.

We are severely hampered by cap space and a relatively low first round draft spot. We just can't go out and sign all the top free agents or sell the farm to draft a top 1 or 2 QB.

This year will surely be a defining year for SK.

We have a new coach. Hopefully he and SK will figure it out. I will withhold any major criticism or praise until we start losing or winning games.

C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

Mass media's opinions mean squat to me.

but what matters is our team. We are behind all three teams in the division.

the one danger as a mediocre team is to pay too much for players. It's keeps you mediocre. So far yes FA has been nothing to write home about. But in my opinion we probably need to face the fact it's a two year window for us improving.

IF we get that magical young QB and he develops this season then next off season we can back the brinks truck up and open the door. Players would actually want to come here particularly Olineman when they see we have a good young QB not some retread that's skimping by.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac247 View Post
    Dear God I didn't know we actually signed Mike Glennon too.......oh good grief.

The Bradford signing to me was bad b/c let's face it......there is absolutely ZERO chance he stays healthy for a full season. I don't care if you're Tom Brady, if you can't stay on the field what worth is it?

So I was thinking "okay, 1 year....they're gonna draft a 1st round rookie".....then we sign Glennon? I REALLY hope that doesn't change the plans to get a 1st round rookie....2nd round at worst.

Think about this.......THIS is what we should be getting laughed at about:

Russel Wilson
    Jimmy Garopollo
    Jared Goff

That's our competition. And we're rolling with Bradford and Glennon...sigh. Those teams are set for YEARS at QB.
    So I just watched the movie "Hacksaw Ridge" last night. Your post brought to mind a visual of a WWII Japanese Banzai charge into tweety bird and hello kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by lacardsfan View Post
    Man it has been BRUTAL on sports talk radio with regards to the cards. Now granted they dont follow us as much as we do. So they think Honey Badger was jut the most ridiculous cut ever. Most of us know he had lost a step and didnt warrant the contract he received.

But that combined with Bradford and Glennon has turned us into a laughing stock across sports media. I am in Los Angeles and you should hear these rams talk show guys just breezing right over us. Things like "and who cares about the cardinals" and "at least we dont have to worry about the cardinals" are being said while the move onto the NINERS!!!

I know we are in cap space hell, but once again Mr Aggressive in the front office sits on his hands while the vikings, jaguars, giants somehow keep being actually aggressive.

Sure it sounds like he made an offer to Brees, but that wasnt going to happen. If you want to be aggressive, here is a thought, GET RID of Shipley, and Valdheer, structure a contract to go out and pay Norwell. DO SOMETHING...Just seems like more of the same from our fearful leader SK. Who wants to bet we sit back at 15 and pick up a tweener saftey slot receiver from Marshall?

Forget it, I am taking a break from football until the draft, Keim is driving me nuts.
    They're talking about the team and front office and "we" ain't them and they ain't "us".
    I see the sky is still firmly in place above us.

I'll never understand why people care so much about Glennon being the 2nd or 3rd string QB. He's not starting.

He's really not any worse than the majority of other backups out there. It simply doesn't matter that much.

Quote Originally Posted by NewBigRed View Post
    I'll never understand why people care so much about Glennon being the 2nd or 3rd string QB. He's not starting.
    With Sam Bradford on the team? Yeah, Glennon is going to be your starter.
    I see the sky is still firmly in place above us.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDave View Post
    With Sam Bradford on the team? Yeah, Glennon is going to be your starter.
    Until we see what happens with the draft, I'm not so sure.

the redbirds tend to play better as the dog... so let them all talk smack.
    Some days you are the windshield, some days you are the bug.:D So bug off!!!