Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: QB Kyle Lauletta to Visit Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Keim is not a good GM until he proves otherwise. He has 1 good move to 10 bad ones. The people who defend him are unbelievable.

As we sit here in the 2018 off season, does this look like the type of team that has a plan? A guy in charge who knows what hes doing?

We are absolutely adrift
    Nothing will improve until he is gone. It's tribalism. Keim is their guy so they will defend him regardless of our season or outcomes.
    Last edited by cardinalsDO; 04-08-2018 at 11:47 PM.
    Go Cardinals!

Default sk

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeFan View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me how some people think that being a GM is so easy, anybody could do it. First of all, there are only 32 NFL professionals who do this job. It it were an easy job, replacing GMs would be like changing your socks. Here are some benchmarks that one could use for evaluation.

1. If drafting in the first half of the first round, what is the hit percentage for selecting a starter?
    2. If drafting the second half of the first round, what is the hit percentage for selecting a starter within one year?
    3. Drafting in the second round, what is the percentage for selecting a starter within the first 2 years and does the player make it on the field in some capacity?
    3. Drafting in the third round, what is the percentage for selecting a player that either starts within 2-3 years or becomes an ace special teams player.
    4. Drafting in the fourth round, what is the percentage for selecting a player who is a good back up and a major contributor to special teams.
    5. Drafting in the fifth round, what is the percentage for selecting a player who contributes on special teams and adds depth.
    6. Drafting in the sixth round, what is the percentage for selecting a player who adds depth to the roster.
    7. Drafting in the seventh round, what is the percentage for selecting a player that makes either the team or the practice squad.

I don't know the percentages for the NFL, but I would guess that teams that are perennial contenders are better than 50% while those who are perennial losers are below 50%. This is only one part of the equation and does not take into consideration how well the GM is managing the cap (in other words, is he overpaying for players who cannot or do not perform). What is his track record in free agency? There are also a myriad of other responsibilities that fans do not see. Fans tend to be myopic in evaluating GM performance.
    based on your criteria sk is an utter failure.

Just to remind you all Keim just signed a new 5 year deal, he isn't going anywhere any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Just to remind you all Keim just signed a new 5 year deal, he isn't going anywhere any time soon.
    He isn't going anywhere because we are top 5 in wins during his time as GM. That is the only stat that matters to MB.

Keim isn't perfect, but he's definitely above average. If we go back to the days of averaging 4-6 wins per year...then he will be replaced.

Of all the no-name mid round QBs, I know Lauletta is getting the most buzz, but my favorite is still Logan Woodside. In 2016 he put up 45 TDs, 9 INTs at 70% completions. System or poor competition, who cares, those type of numbers should guarantee you a flyer.
    Last edited by Zaz; 04-09-2018 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Of all the no-name mid round QBs, I know Lauletta is getting the most buzz, but my favorite is still Logan Woodside. In 2016 he put up 45 TDs, 9 INTs at 70% completions. System or poor competition, who cares, those type of numbers should guarantee you a flyer.
    I know nothing about Woodside, so I won't pretend to. I only saw a couple of Toledo games, in passing. Tried to get some coaches film sent to me, but none of my Marshall contacts have any connections anymore with the MAC. I'll defer to you on him.

PS- Lauletta is not a "no name mid round guy." He won't get past Pats in Round 2.
    Last edited by WVcardsFan; 04-09-2018 at 01:02 PM.