Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 76

Thread: QB Kyle Lauletta to Visit Cardinals

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Verde Valley
    Posts
    7,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    LOL. Quick breakdown:

    Good accuracy, GREAT release, mobile within pocket and scrambles when necessary, great touch.

    Can struggle deep (arm strength?), played against FCS comp.

    Best guys to compare him to are Garoppolo and Alex Smith.
    sounds pretty good
    The Wilks era begin

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    sounds pretty good
    I was reading somewhere that the Patriots might actually be interested in this guy. They'd be wise to get a QB this draft with Hoyer backing up ol' man Brady. Not that Brady can't make it another year, but sometimes stuff happens.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chandler
    Posts
    2,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    I was reading somewhere that the Patriots might actually be interested in this guy. They'd be wise to get a QB this draft with Hoyer backing up ol' man Brady. Not that Brady can't make it another year, but sometimes stuff happens.
    Would not be shocked if Patriots nabbed him at end of first round.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Lauletta is a decent prospect. The questions on him are no greater than any of the QB's 4-7.

    I would not want him at #15, but in the 2nd I would be all over it. Im skeptical about a trade down because I think at #15 we could get either Vea, McGlinchey, or Josh Jackson. If we trade down by more than a couple of picks I think we will miss out on those guys. IMO there is a fairly large drop off in talent once the top 2 are gone at DLine, OT, or CB.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    491

    Default

    I live in the Richmond area and do follow the Spiders, but admit I pay more attention to the basketball program.(most in the area cheer for VCU though) If the Cards can't get a top tier quarterback in the draft then getting Lauletta later on would be interesting. Although I'm hoping Bradford somehow stays healthy and plays well.

    Lauletta was pretty accurate(I think above 60% but not positive) and seemed to improve each year. He put up good numbers for 3 years(especially last year) He did have a few ugly interceptions, but on a positive note he rarely fumbled. Like WV mentioned earlier, arm strength is certainly a weakness, but he was pretty good at reading defenses and being quick and accurate. Granted, the defenses weren't top tier obviously.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    26

    Default

    I think ultimately well go BPA in Rd 1 (maybe trade back if we can find a trade partner) and take this guy in round 2 if hes there. Ive seen a lot of people comparing Jimmy G with Lauletta, which if he turns out the same way Im sure wed all be very happy with that

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    68

    Default

    In terms of guys that would "move the needle" for me...meaning guys that would give me some excitement that we might actually have a QBOF (tier 2 guys we can actually get without a trade up)

    1. Lamar Jackson
    2. Kyle Lauletta
    3. Luke Falk
    4. Mason Rudolph

    Jackson is a really exciting player, and he would signal that we were tweaking our offense to be a dominant run team, with lots of play action and RPO's. I would love that...but I think Jackson will be gone by #15 come draft day.

    Lauletta does a lot of things really well. He tore up the Senior Bowl, and every time he has had the chance to show off in front of scouts and tougher competition he has impressed a lot of people. I think that is a good quality, and shows that he can be a NFL starter some day. The stage isn't too big for him, he just needs a shot.

    Luke Falk is interesting because is accurate, and at one point was considered a top QB prospect in this class. He needs work, but I think there is a chance he could end up a starter.

    Mason Rudolph screams career backup to me. I think he is Drew Stanton....meaning he will hang around the league for a lot of years, but do you really want him to be a starter? He's the "well if we don't have a better option" guy. I would be least excited by him, and I think we would have to take him no later than #15 in round 2.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Verde Valley
    Posts
    7,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardsfan68 View Post
    In terms of guys that would "move the needle" for me...meaning guys that would give me some excitement that we might actually have a QBOF (tier 2 guys we can actually get without a trade up)

    1. Lamar Jackson
    2. Kyle Lauletta
    3. Luke Falk
    4. Mason Rudolph

    Jackson is a really exciting player, and he would signal that we were tweaking our offense to be a dominant run team, with lots of play action and RPO's. I would love that...but I think Jackson will be gone by #15 come draft day.

    Lauletta does a lot of things really well. He tore up the Senior Bowl, and every time he has had the chance to show off in front of scouts and tougher competition he has impressed a lot of people. I think that is a good quality, and shows that he can be a NFL starter some day. The stage isn't too big for him, he just needs a shot.

    Luke Falk is interesting because is accurate, and at one point was considered a top QB prospect in this class. He needs work, but I think there is a chance he could end up a starter.

    Mason Rudolph screams career backup to me. I think he is Drew Stanton....meaning he will hang around the league for a lot of years, but do you really want him to be a starter? He's the "well if we don't have a better option" guy. I would be least excited by him, and I think we would have to take him no later than #15 in round 2.
    The more i hear you guys talk about the "kid from Richmond" the more open i am to the idea,,,i have`nt really heard anyone "Bagging" on the guy...what are his Negs?
    The Wilks era begin

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    The more i hear you guys talk about the "kid from Richmond" the more open i am to the idea,,,i have`nt really heard anyone "Bagging" on the guy...what are his Negs?
    The negs I have heard are that he has a weak arm (52 mph ball speed)....but people said the same thing about Watson last year and his was 49mph. Turns out his arm is plenty strong enough.

    He also played at Richmond, which means he did not face elite defense by any stretch of the imagination. So the jump from college to pro is going to be more drastic for a kid like that. But...people said the same thing about Wentz.

    The positives are accuracy and ball placement, leadership, athletic ability, and competitiveness. Watch his highlights with a grain of salt, but he is a tough kid who does what it takes to win. He is also extremely well spoken and confident. I think he would be an ideal 3rd QB this year sitting and learning the McCoy offense, with a chance to be a good starter in the future.

    The biggest positive to me is that he is actually going to be available for us. It won't require a trade up, and we can probably get him in the 2nd. When you compare him to the top 3 or 4 guys that would require a trade up...then you are essentially saying they are worth more to the team than multiple players. If they are home runs, than a QB is worth more than multiple other players, but all of the top QB's this year have questions.

    Would I rather have Darnold, Allen, Rosen or Mayfield

    OR

    Vea or McGlinchey or Josh Jackson + Lauletta + a 3rd round offensive lineman or WR + whoever we pick in the 1st round in 2019??

    To me its a clear choice because there are no sure things in this draft at QB.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chandler
    Posts
    2,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardsfan68 View Post
    In terms of guys that would "move the needle" for me...meaning guys that would give me some excitement that we might actually have a QBOF (tier 2 guys we can actually get without a trade up)

    1. Lamar Jackson
    2. Kyle Lauletta
    3. Luke Falk
    4. Mason Rudolph

    Jackson is a really exciting player, and he would signal that we were tweaking our offense to be a dominant run team, with lots of play action and RPO's. I would love that...but I think Jackson will be gone by #15 come draft day.

    Lauletta does a lot of things really well. He tore up the Senior Bowl, and every time he has had the chance to show off in front of scouts and tougher competition he has impressed a lot of people. I think that is a good quality, and shows that he can be a NFL starter some day. The stage isn't too big for him, he just needs a shot.

    Luke Falk is interesting because is accurate, and at one point was considered a top QB prospect in this class. He needs work, but I think there is a chance he could end up a starter.

    Mason Rudolph screams career backup to me. I think he is Drew Stanton....meaning he will hang around the league for a lot of years, but do you really want him to be a starter? He's the "well if we don't have a better option" guy. I would be least excited by him, and I think we would have to take him no later than #15 in round 2.
    You would be excited by a career back up type? Excited by drafting a Drew Stanton?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •