Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: QB Kyle Lauletta to Visit Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    You would be excited by a “career back up” type? Excited by drafting a Drew Stanton?
    No, which is why I ranked him 4th behind those other guys...even though many mock drafts have him as the 5th QB taken overall. I would take any of those other guys over Rudolph.

Would I take Rudolph over the third tier guys like Mike White or Kyle Allen or Nick Simonek....yes I would. I think those guys are going to struggle to make a roster their entire careers and their ceiling is being a #2 QB somewhere down the road. Mason Rudolph is good enough to make a roster, and probably good enough to start in certain circumstances. He reminds me of AJ McCarron or Landry Jones. He will be thought of as a quality backup QB that any team would want, but no team will be willing to make him the starter outright and hitch their futures to him.

There are some people on this board that would tell you Drew Stanton is a good QB because he had a 7-4 record with the Cardinals...but there is a reason that BA and Keim signed Stanton and then immediately traded for Palmer and said he was the starter. Stanton types are not bad to have on your team, but they are not franchise QB's either.

Rudolph pick would not excite me at all. I would be willing to give him a shot and hope he exceeds expectations, but I would think "we just drafted our backup QB...I guess we will try for a starter next year".

Quote Originally Posted by cardsfan68 View Post
    No, which is why I ranked him 4th behind those other guys...even though many mock drafts have him as the 5th QB taken overall. I would take any of those other guys over Rudolph.

Would I take Rudolph over the third tier guys like Mike White or Kyle Allen or Nick Simonek....yes I would. I think those guys are going to struggle to make a roster their entire careers and their ceiling is being a #2 QB somewhere down the road. Mason Rudolph is good enough to make a roster, and probably good enough to start in certain circumstances. He reminds me of AJ McCarron or Landry Jones. He will be thought of as a quality backup QB that any team would want, but no team will be willing to make him the starter outright and hitch their futures to him.

There are some people on this board that would tell you Drew Stanton is a good QB because he had a 7-4 record with the Cardinals...but there is a reason that BA and Keim signed Stanton and then immediately traded for Palmer and said he was the starter. Stanton types are not bad to have on your team, but they are not franchise QB's either.

Rudolph pick would not excite me at all. I would be willing to give him a shot and hope he exceeds expectations, but I would think "we just drafted our backup QB...I guess we will try for a starter next year".
    You may want to go back and re-read your post then because you said “I would at least be excited”. Must have misspoken and that is why I was asking for clarity.

I would be hopeful if Rudolph is the guy. We do need to try something. Not excited, but hopeful. Rudolph at 15 would sting.

You may want to go back and re-read your post then because you said “I would at least be excited”. Must have misspoken and that is why I was asking for clarity.

I would be hopeful if Rudolph is the guy. We do need to try something. Not excited, but hopeful. Rudolph at 15 would sting.
    It is gonna sting..lol..lets hope something happens in our favor on draft day and at the same time prepare for the sting and messageboard melt down that MR is gonna bring ...i`m prepare but still hoping for better(Whatever that might be)
    The Wilks era begin

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    It is gonna sting..lol..lets hope something happens in our favor on draft day and at the same time prepare for the sting and messageboard melt down that MR is gonna bring ...i`m prepare but still hoping for better(Whatever that might be)
    No need for a personal meltdown, but yeah there will be many on this board. If they are sold on him so be it, better than missing out. He has potential. Ill take the sting and move on. It’s out of our hands so it is what it is.

Kyle Lauletta IS Jimmy Garapolo and Lamar Jackson IS pre-injury RG3

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinals2005 View Post
    Kyle Lauletta IS Jimmy Garapolo and Lamar Jackson IS pre-injury RG3
    2nd pick and 1st pick, hedge our bets?

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    2nd pick and 1st pick, hedge our bets?
    I was down for that with a later pick, but no way that happens now with the Glennon signing.

I said "I would be least excited"....but I think proper english would have been "I would be excited the least"??? who knows.

Bottom line, Rudolph is currently #8 on my Qb's I would like to draft list.

Quote Originally Posted by cardsfan68 View Post
    I said "I would be least excited"....but I think proper english would have been "I would be excited the least"??? who knows.

Bottom line, Rudolph is currently #8 on my Qb's I would like to draft list.
    Well if you are “least” excited you are still excited haha. I Hear ya on that and I agree. I must have misread.

We need a stud contributor in this draft and I think #15 is a place to get one. Trading up in the late first will cost much less and we could still nab a potential QB.

Just like the free agency nonsense, I am just ready for this to be over so we know what we are working with.

In my opinion we shouldn't reach in the first round when you could be adding a starter to the roster with that pick. I like taking many of the project Qb's mentioned but my personal favorite because his arm and accuracy is Luke Falk. I am ok with taking the project as long as we have a guy we can count on until we find that rare guy. I would love naturally Foles.