Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The focus of the Cardinals is still the same

Preaching to the choir (me). Cant speak for others. I see too many posts around here talking about "I dont care if its the 8th QB still available, you gotta take a QB round 1!" Bleh. What a waste.

This is a very good OL draft. We can set the foundation for a superbowl window this year if we are smart enough to attack the OL. Round 1, Mike Mcglinchey, all-pro RT. Round 2, Will Hernandez or Isiah Wynn or Billy Price. All All-Pro interior guys. Take your pick.

With David, this is 100% a running team now. The OL and RB are PB&J. Maximize Davids talent by giving him the best OL possible.

And lastly, OLs can drastically help an average QB be a very good QB. We dont need a #1 overall type QB if we have a great OL. An average QB or simply a game manager is enough to compete if he has all day to throw.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Preaching to the choir (me). Cant speak for others. I see too many posts around here talking about "I dont care if its the 8th QB still available, you gotta take a QB round 1!" Bleh. What a waste.

This is a very good OL draft. We can set the foundation for a superbowl window this year if we are smart enough to attack the OL. Round 1, Mike Mcglinchey, all-pro RT. Round 2, Will Hernandez or Isiah Wynn or Billy Price. All All-Pro interior guys. Take your pick.

With David, this is 100% a running team now. The OL and RB are PB&J. Maximize Davids talent by giving him the best OL possible.

And lastly, OLs can drastically help an average QB be a very good QB. We dont need a #1 overall type QB if we have a great OL. An average QB or simply a game manager is enough to compete if he has all day to throw.
    Yeah,,you`ve had it your way for the last 12 yrs..Time for a QB..Now not later ..enough is enough
    The Wilks era begin

I love the idea of OL in rd 1 and rd 2.

I’m glad we did not land Cousins (not bc I don’t think he’s a great qb but bc they wouldn’t be able to afford him and take care of all the holes at other key positions.)

Teams build “super bowl windows” by acquiring talent in the trenches on both sides of the ball and then finding a competent qb, preferably a rookie qb as this allows a team to pay him pennies while stacking talent at every other position. The Seahawks were able to do this with Russell Wilson. The Rams are currently doing it with Goff and Dallas is in position to do it with Prescott.

With that said, I do commend Keim for trying his best to do this though the results have been mixed thus far (DJ Humphries, Robert Dkemdiche, Jonathan Cooper)

Quote Originally Posted by Jjoe View Post
    I love the idea of OL in rd 1 and rd 2.

I’m glad we did not land Cousins (not bc I don’t think he’s a great qb but bc they wouldn’t be able to afford him and take care of all the holes at other key positions.)

Teams build “super bowl windows” by acquiring talent in the trenches on both sides of the ball and then finding a competent qb, preferably a rookie qb as this allows a team to pay him pennies while stacking talent at every other position. The Seahawks were able to do this with Russell Wilson. The Rams are currently doing it with Goff and Dallas is in position to do it with Prescott.

With that said, I do commend Keim for trying his best to do this though the results have been mixed thus far (DJ Humphries, Robert Dkemdiche, Jonathan Cooper)
    I think this is always the best move building in the trenches because that is what decides most games. We need to be better then we are currently in the trenches. I hope they take a project at Qb and while building the roster they keep a competent veteran Qb on the roster until we can land that young Qb. I don't think Bradford is that guy simply because he can't be counted on.

Yesterday at Fanspeak I was able to take McGlinchey round one and Hernandez was still there for the taking in round 2. I took him knowing it wasn't likely to happen later in the month when it's real.

here you guys picks the last 6 years,,,you`ve done well ..can see y`all running to hide behind Keims skirt...QB`s are too scary! eek keep us safe uncle steve..
    Haason Reddick
    Robert Nkemdiche
    D.J. Humphries
    Deone Bucannon
    Jonathan Cooper
    Michael Floyd
    Last edited by RimrockCard; 04-14-2018 at 08:40 AM.
    The Wilks era begin

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    here you guys picks the last 6 years,,,you`ve done well ..can see y`all running to hide behind Keims skirt...QB`s are too scary! eek keep us safe uncle steve..
    Haason Reddick
    Robert Nkemdiche
    D.J. Humphries
    Deone Bucannon
    Jonathan Cooper
    Michael Floyd
    4 out of 6 might be starting so you are defeating your own stance. The jury is still out on two of them now it could change either way depending how they are used. Besides the smart guys want the trenches addressed early not cb wr or the 5th or 6th best Qb

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    4 out of 6 might be starting so you are defeating your own stance. The jury is still out on two of them now it could change either way depending how they are used. Besides the smart guys want the trenches addressed early not cb wr or the 5th or 6th best Qb
    not my point at all
    The Wilks era begin

With Wilks stressing the importance of establishing the run game it makes me wonder if he'd like to get Lamar Jackson. His skill set reminds me of Wilks' last QB, but LJ is smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    not my point at all
    Oops, I know all about those knees and sorry for your pain.