Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: The focus of the Cardinals is still the same

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    59

    Default belicek

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    4 out of 6 might be starting so you are defeating your own stance. The jury is still out on two of them now it could change either way depending how they are used. Besides the smart guys want the trenches addressed early not cb wr or the 5th or 6th best Qb
    bill would have cut Humphries and Robert n in their rookie year...maybe cooper as well.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcardinalfan View Post
    bill would have cut Humphries and Robert n in their rookie year...maybe cooper as well.
    Nonsense , his worst pick Chad Jackson cost him a 2nd and a 3rd to move up and draft him 36th in the 2nd round didn't cut him till after pre season of his third year and the guy only caught a total of 13 passes.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    5,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    With Wilks stressing the importance of establishing the run game it makes me wonder if he'd like to get Lamar Jackson. His skill set reminds me of Wilks' last QB, but LJ is smaller.
    Just about every QB is smaller than Newton. And many QBs are faster than Newton. Jackson is WAAAAAAY faster than everyone.

    If ARI grabs LJ, I hope Wilks uses him to develop passing lanes vice running for yards.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    Just about every QB is smaller than Newton. And many QBs are faster than Newton. Jackson is WAAAAAAY faster than everyone.

    If ARI grabs LJ, I hope Wilks uses him to develop passing lanes vice running for yards.
    BA's comment about LJ " if he is there at 15 you take him" kinda surprised me knowing the kind of Qb's he likes lol. Maybe SK needs to listen to him. It would be really nice if he got a Quarterback without wasting picks and he could put together two decent drafts and all that money to spend next year to address needs plus resign key players..

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal, QC - Canada
    Posts
    8,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcardinalfan View Post
    bill would have cut Humphries and Robert n in their rookie year...maybe cooper as well.
    Right. Bill would have cut Humphries, a 20-year-old project who came out early and wasn't expected to contribute much in year one; Cut a first-round pick, who injured his calf early and contributed minimally to a solid D-line rotation and cut a guy who broke his ankle in the preseason.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    BA's comment about LJ " if he is there at 15 you take him" kinda surprised me knowing the kind of Qb's he likes lol. Maybe SK needs to listen to him. It would be really nice if he got a Quarterback without wasting picks and he could put together two decent drafts and all that money to spend next year to address needs plus resign key players..
    BA also said he probably wouldn't "design" run packages for him, just let him be more like Russel W. I actually think you could do both to a degree. From watching LJ on you tube what I like a lot about him is sometimes he's charging towards the LOS and defenders are expecting him to run and then he throws at the last second as defenders are moving forward. Seen that numerous times.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •