Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The focus of the Cardinals is still the same

Default belicek

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    4 out of 6 might be starting so you are defeating your own stance. The jury is still out on two of them now it could change either way depending how they are used. Besides the smart guys want the trenches addressed early not cb wr or the 5th or 6th best Qb
    bill would have cut Humphries and Robert n in their rookie year...maybe cooper as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcardinalfan View Post
    bill would have cut Humphries and Robert n in their rookie year...maybe cooper as well.
    Nonsense , his worst pick Chad Jackson cost him a 2nd and a 3rd to move up and draft him 36th in the 2nd round didn't cut him till after pre season of his third year and the guy only caught a total of 13 passes.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    With Wilks stressing the importance of establishing the run game it makes me wonder if he'd like to get Lamar Jackson. His skill set reminds me of Wilks' last QB, but LJ is smaller.
    Just about every QB is smaller than Newton. And many QBs are faster than Newton. Jackson is WAAAAAAY faster than everyone.

If ARI grabs LJ, I hope Wilks uses him to develop passing lanes vice running for yards.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    Just about every QB is smaller than Newton. And many QBs are faster than Newton. Jackson is WAAAAAAY faster than everyone.

If ARI grabs LJ, I hope Wilks uses him to develop passing lanes vice running for yards.
    BA's comment about LJ " if he is there at 15 you take him" kinda surprised me knowing the kind of Qb's he likes lol. Maybe SK needs to listen to him. It would be really nice if he got a Quarterback without wasting picks and he could put together two decent drafts and all that money to spend next year to address needs plus resign key players..

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcardinalfan View Post
    Right. Bill would have cut Humphries, a 20-year-old project who came out early and wasn't expected to contribute much in year one; Cut a first-round pick, who injured his calf early and contributed minimally to a solid D-line rotation and cut a guy who broke his ankle in the preseason.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    BA's comment about LJ " if he is there at 15 you take him" kinda surprised me knowing the kind of Qb's he likes lol. Maybe SK needs to listen to him. It would be really nice if he got a Quarterback without wasting picks and he could put together two decent drafts and all that money to spend next year to address needs plus resign key players..
    BA also said he probably wouldn't "design" run packages for him, just let him be more like Russel W. I actually think you could do both to a degree. From watching LJ on you tube what I like a lot about him is sometimes he's charging towards the LOS and defenders are expecting him to run and then he throws at the last second as defenders are moving forward. Seen that numerous times.