Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jaire Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by NewBigRed View Post
    Seriously? You're passing on Rosen at 15?

I wouldn't understand that. Does entitlement prevent this guy from becoming a good QB?

I mean for as much heat as Keim gets for the QB situation, I think it'd be hilarious if Rosen dropped to 15 because if the Cardinals passed on him and he became good, literally everyone on this forum would be lambasting Keim.
    Entitlement isn't my biggest concern, but I'd pass on him, and that's even with me thinking he's the top QB in this draft. I don't like his injury history. I'm not spending a 1st rounder on any QB with multiple concussions. We have a ton of people who bashed Robert Nkemdiche for being 'me first,' despite having all the tools of being a consensus top 5 pick (talent wise). Rosen has the same attitude and has injury concerns. Let's be consistent. If people want to bash Keim for spending a 1st rounder on Robert, it's hypocritical to not bash Rosen.

Actually... let me modify my take. If Rosen somehow slides to us, that's a huge red flag. That means a bunch of other QB needy teams passed on him. If he gets to 15, he's probably going to drop even further. Should that happen, I expect one of two things to happen. 1. I think we can trade back a few spots, pick up an extra pick and grab him later in round 1. Because if he drops to 15, the only team I see trading up for him would be the Patriots. I don't know why, I just could see Coach B doing that.

If my intuition is right, you have two options that justify the 'entitlement/injury' risk. Trade back and hope you get him. Or, try to work a trade with the Patriots, who now have two late first rounders and other additional pics. Looking at the draft value chart, pick 15 would be worth:

Patriots 1st rd - 23rd
    2nd rd - 43rd pick

If it were me, I'd be on the phone with the Patriots, looking to deal.

Quote Originally Posted by rwatson1 View Post
    Entitlement isn't my biggest concern, but I'd pass on him, and that's even with me thinking he's the top QB in this draft. I don't like his injury history. I'm not spending a 1st rounder on any QB with multiple concussions. We have a ton of people who bashed Robert Nkemdiche for being 'me first,' despite having all the tools of being a consensus top 5 pick (talent wise). Rosen has the same attitude and has injury concerns. Let's be consistent. If people want to bash Keim for spending a 1st rounder on Robert, it's hypocritical to not bash Rosen.

Actually... let me modify my take. If Rosen somehow slides to us, that's a huge red flag. That means a bunch of other QB needy teams passed on him. If he gets to 15, he's probably going to drop even further. Should that happen, I expect one of two things to happen. 1. I think we can trade back a few spots, pick up an extra pick and grab him later in round 1. Because if he drops to 15, the only team I see trading up for him would be the Patriots. I don't know why, I just could see Coach B doing that.

If my intuition is right, you have two options that justify the 'entitlement/injury' risk. Trade back and hope you get him. Or, try to work a trade with the Patriots, who now have two late first rounders and other additional pics. Looking at the draft value chart, pick 15 would be worth:

Patriots 1st rd - 23rd
    2nd rd - 43rd pick

If it were me, I'd be on the phone with the Patriots, looking to deal.
    If Rosen is there at 15, you race to the podium.

And I say that having Rosen as only the #3 QB.

Quote Originally Posted by wvcardsfan View Post
    if rosen is there at 15, you race to the podium.

And i say that having rosen as only the #3 qb.
    absolutely!
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by NewBigRed View Post
    Seriously? You're passing on Rosen at 15?

I wouldn't understand that. Does entitlement prevent this guy from becoming a good QB?

I mean for as much heat as Keim gets for the QB situation, I think it'd be hilarious if Rosen dropped to 15 because if the Cardinals passed on him and he became good, literally everyone on this forum would be lambasting Keim.
    Rosen isn't dropping past the Bills.
    Go Cardinals!

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post
    Rosen isn't dropping past the Bills.
    I know.

Early I prefer dline or oline the trenches are so important and we need help there a cb can be had later.

Vita Vea is a game changer on the DL that has a chance of being there at 15. Conor Williams and Mike McGlinchey are OT prospects who are worth the 15th pick. Q Nelson will be gone.

QB trumps everything and if one of the top 4 are there, there is no question about the choice.
    Other than that, a our weak links are our lines, which are both very pedestrian at this point. There will be a handful of real stars available at 15 and the only problem is that it will be tough to choose.
    Denzel Ward or Vita Vea? Roquan Smith or Courtland Sutton?

Or, if we trade down, Jaire Alexander or Leighton VanderEsch or Christian Kirk? Don't worry about the draft, we're getting some serious players. Only drama is whether a quarterback will be one of them.
    Once my pants are on, I make the playoffs- Ayy Zee Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogsCards View Post
    No, I like Rosen a lot but the it's a tough choice here. Has a little Matt Leinert in him. The issue is the qb of the future, I don't see a future in Rosen. Too small. The Cards will probably mortgage the future for Josh Allen. Very scared of this pick but he is big, strong armed.
    Too small?

Have you checked Rosen's measurements?
    Last edited by Crazy-Canuck; 04-07-2018 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Too small?

Have you checked Rosen's measurements?
    I like his numbers a lot as a qb. It's the other stuff that worries me. The concussions, other injury. He seems pro ready if he can get along with everybody, want to commit to the work, study. He's talking a big game but sort reminds me of Cutler. I know Keim has to get a quarterback, the Cards need one real bad. And knowing that a possible stud player could of been drafted instead of him if he turns out as not a good teammate. His fans wanted a rebuild, and still want it now.
    Last edited by BulldogsCards; 04-08-2018 at 09:54 AM.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogsCards View Post
    I like his numbers a lot as a qb. It's the other stuff that worries me. The concussions, other injury. He seems pro ready if he can get along with everybody, want to commit to the work, study. He's talking a big game but sort reminds me of Cutler. I know Keim has to get a quarterback, the Cards need one real bad. And knowing that a possible stud player could of been drafted instead of him if he turns out as not a good teammate. His fans wanted a rebuild, and still want it now.
    Well, I hope Rosen isn't worried about being popular and simply works at being respected.

Cutler came into to the League at a time when coaches still hated being asked "why?"

Times have changed.