Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Luke Falk

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    I disagree respectfully, this kid had the worst oline and really his main targets were to backs and TE his Wr's this past season were not that good and still passed for a lot of yards. I think he needs weapons and an oline. I think this kid will surprise many and many will be mad they passed on him. Just look at the numbers not even close between Browning and Falk and Browning was surrounded by nfl talent.
    That is one thing I will say about his Sr year was that the regression could be blamed on having a lot more sacks this season due to poor oline. In the NFL though great QBs do over come that.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    That is one thing I will say about his Sr year was that the regression could be blamed on having a lot more sacks this season due to poor oline. In the NFL though great QBs do over come that.
    Yes I watched this kid all season and that oline was horrible that is saying a lot because the defense in the pac 12 this past season. This kid had a hard time getting the ball off because the D was all over him. That is the only knock on him in my opinion he has legs like Brady and he reminds me of Brady but Brady has a stronger arm. I know that is crazy to compare the two but just the style of play and the way he is on the field that is who he reminds me of. I think this is the guy the patriots really want and is hoping the attention stays off of him.

He has had how many concussions in college and struggled to catch a ball at the senior bowl as he wrist was that bad, on a pure injury standpoint I am giving him a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    He has had how many concussions in college and struggled to catch a ball at the senior bowl as he wrist was that bad, on a pure injury standpoint I am giving him a miss.
    Yeah he played with a broken wrist most of 2017 I think that will attract teams some teams and scouts I am sure will shy away. I know he has had a concussion's so has Rosen . If you draft Falk or Rosen you have to protect and run a scheme to protect them but I wouldn't mind at all if either one of these guys are Cardinals.

The Dolphins appear to have a lot of interest in Falk with an off site workout and an upcoming private visit, I cant find any links to him and the Cards, they didn't even meet with him at the combine. That's not to sat they cant circle back and focus on him in the next couple of weeks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-for-a-visit/

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
    The Dolphins appear to have a lot of interest in Falk with an off site workout and an upcoming private visit, I cant find any links to him and the Cards, they didn't even meet with him at the combine. That's not to sat they cant circle back and focus on him in the next couple of weeks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-for-a-visit/
    IF you've followed the NFL for very long....99% of the time after the draft the question is asked, "did you visit the team that drafted you?" and the answer is always....ALWAYS, "no, I had no idea they were even interested in me."

Teams keep it quiet who they want....it's more of the guys they think they may want to get in the future...see how they develop in the league...and put them down on a chart and/or to have some info on them in case they have to face them.
    Last edited by Cardinals; 04-10-2018 at 11:10 AM.
    Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinals View Post
    IF you've followed the NFL for very long....99% of the time after the draft the question is asked, "did you visit the team that drafted you?" and the answer is always....ALWAYS, "no, I had no idea they were even interested in me."

Teams keep it quiet who they want....it's more of the guys they think they may want to get in the future...see how they develop in the league...and put them down on a chart and/or to have some info on them in case they have to face them.
    that is true sometimes in the mid to later rounds, and yes could be the case with Falk since that is where he will go

Deeply appreciate all the shared thoughts here. The guy overall sounds like he might be a sleeper that somebody could benefit from.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    Yeah he played with a broken wrist most of 2017 I think that will attract teams some teams and scouts I am sure will shy away. I know he has had a concussion's so has Rosen . If you draft Falk or Rosen you have to protect and run a scheme to protect them but I wouldn't mind at all if either one of these guys are Cardinals.
    If there is any chance at all for Rosen you go for it guns ablazing ..Falk i don't know..we need one of the top dogs at any cost
    The Wilks era begin

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    If there is any chance at all for Rosen you go for it guns ablazing ..Falk i don't know..we need one of the top dogs at any cost
    You gotta concede that luck is involved just as much when it comes to the draft, though granted you go with the odds. Russell Wilson is the only QB from his draft class that has led his team to the SB , back to back no less at 1-1. That was something we would have expected from one of the more prominent draft prospects at the time like Griffin or Luck, not a 12th pick from the third round, 75th overall.
    Last edited by Redhammer; 04-10-2018 at 05:24 PM.