Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamar jackson

Default Lamar jackson

If Lamar Jackson is half the player he was in college and the cards past it may be the final straw for the GM.

I think S.K. has done a pretty good job at GM and the only thing he needs to secure is QBOTF.

I think Jackson can be a great player if he get to the ground or out of bounds before he gets hits.

How does a DEFENSE account for his legs?

Put a SPY on him that he will out run or D. Johnson blocks to spring the QB

With D.J on the field they must assign a S or LB to him
    making Jackson reads easier.

The more SPEED you put on the field with Jackson the more the Safeties have to back up giving room for DJ AND LJ to run for 5 to 12 yards and get out of bounds. Jackson has enough arm talent to make the defense respect the LONG ball.

IF he fails you can still run the wildcat or turn him into a big play WR with gadget plays. A player that can score enough to warrant a 1st round pick just playing a different ***.

Lamar Jackson will also have a easier than most transition playing for cards.

HEAD COACH (HAS BEEN ON A TEAM WITH A YOUNG BLACK QB WITH RUNNING ABILITY AND A STRONG ARM) (HAS SPOKEN HIGHLY OF JACKSON)

QB COACH (YOUNG HAS A UNIQUE UNDERSTAND OF BEING A BLACK QB.) (GREAT YOUNG COACH THAT CAN TEACH HIM)

OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR (VERSATILE) (HAS WORKED WITH A RANGE OF QB'S)

OFFENSIVE ASST (WORKED WITH CAM ALSO AND UNDERSTANDS MOBILE YOUNG BLACK QB'S WITH STRONG ARMS)

FITZ (WHAT BETTER WR TO LEARN TO PLAY QB FROM THAN LARRY)

PP2 (WHAT BETTER CB TO SHARPEN YOUR SKILLS AGAINST)

I think for Lamar to flourish in the NFL he like most all players need a good fit. With Jackson i think he also need to be comfortable with the coaches around him as he seems skeptical of the intentions of the NFL to change his position and has undervalued his game film.
    Last edited by sinsay; 04-10-2018 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Title

I am a big LJ fan on the field, and I think that he has a higher ceiling that most QB's in this draft...but he will have to work extremely hard to get there.

Now, with all of the stuff this offseason, I am starting to wonder how far he is going to slide. I think he will either get picked at #11 by the Dolphins, or he could slide all the way to the Steelers....or maybe into round 2.

I think if we trade back he could be a really good target later in the 1st round, if he is there in the 2nd he is a no-brainer.

We would be one of the better spots for him to land. He needs at least a year to sit and learn. I was hoping we would get Tyrod Taylor to be the QB, that way Lamar could sit and learn an offense that actually would fit him. Right now there is no QB more different to LJ than Bradford, so McCoy would have to work some magic.

That guy is not smart enough to be an NFL QB. There is a reason his mother doesn't want him talking to teams. I really hope we stay very clear of this dude.

Great college QB. I don't think he amounts to more than a back up in the NFL. I wouldn't touch him before the 3rd round. By then he would be some other teams mistake. Him and Allen are the two biggest bust potential player in the draft.

Has Lamar had a private visit with the Cards like he has had with the Texans, Bills, Dolphins, Ravens, and Cleveland?

I know they had a meeting with him at the combine, but if they don't schedule a private visit it might signal the level of interest they actually have in him as a first round pick. The Cards could be one of the teams has not been
    returning calls too.

Quote Originally Posted by calif cardinal View Post
    That guy is not smart enough to be an NFL QB. There is a reason his mother doesn't want him talking to teams. I really hope we stay very clear of this dude.
    Instinct seems to me to be more important then a wonderlic score.

Terry Bradshaw Dan Marino and Donavan Mcnabb all had wonderlic scores of 15 to 16. The kid is not well spoken for sure but when teams get him on the white board that will decide where he goes in the draft.

A good kid who is close to his mother ... however bad choice to have her be his agent with no experience in the prep pre-draft and media contacts to use for hype. Petrino's playbook at Louisville is rumored to be as thick as most NFL teams and LJ learned/mastered their offense so he can do the same in the NFL.

Hankhill above makes a good point about safeties/LB's trying to key on both LJ and DJ -- nightmare for DC's preparing for the Cardinals. I made a statement in a previous post where I pontificated that LJ would be unstoppable in the 4th qtr as a tired defense running after him all day is worn down. The tired defense won't be able to sack him allowing LJ to break the pocket for either long runs or long pass plays where tired defensive backs can't hang with receivers for 5 seconds. Well I found this article from ESPN which illustrates my point about R. Wilson (who I've seen way too often to look pedestrian as a QB until the 4th qtr when he is suddenly moving the Seattle offense at will) -- RW's QBR is 63 points higher (MORE THAN DOUBLE) in the 4th qtr than the 1st qtr. [READ - http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/p...-in-the-fourth ]

My personal belief is SK and the Cards could benefit from a "gift" of even being able to trade down 5-6 spots and get LJ along with another 3rd rounder while ending up with the best QB in this draft. This gift is only possible because LJ does not have a hype-machine nor a QB pro day prep coach like Jordan Palmer ... I sure hope some of the "smoke" from Gambo on how the Cards rank the QB's including being in love with Josh Allen -- I certainly hope the brain-trust over there is sending false signals thru the media.

P.S. Again 12% of LJ's on target catch-able passes were dropped while LJ also had the highest throws under pressure (almost 1/3) which was far higher than any of the other top 5 QB's... despite all of these challenges from teammates, his last 2 yrs (26 games) of productivity are superior to any QB in NCAA history.

This place is going to be a QB powder keg if we donít draft a QB in the first and 5-6 go off the board.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    This place is going to be a QB powder keg if we donít draft a QB in the first and 5-6 go off the board.
    LOL. Yep.

According to guys like VW you just wait until you need a QB and then get one.

And according to most posters you don't want to lose those "important" last couple of games because 8-8 will gain you momentum for next season. (LOL)

Here we are. Keim's defining moment. He's ignored the most important position for years. He has no draft equity to move past several desperate teams.

How will Mr. "aggressive" pull it off?

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    LOL. Yep.

According to guys like VW you just wait until you need a QB and then get one.

And according to most posters you don't want to lose those "important" last couple of games because 8-8 will gain you momentum for next season. (LOL)

Here we are. Keim's defining moment. He's ignored the most important position for years. He has no draft equity to move past several desperate teams.

How will Mr. "aggressive" pull it off?
    Right. 14 players on IR wasn't enough of an advantage to the opposition in the last few games.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.