Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamar jackson

IMHO - The ONLY way the Cardinals have a chance to win the division this season is with Lamar Jackson....again the ONLY WAY!

They don't have the O lineman, WR's or TE to put up 13+ points a game as they currently stand. Lamar and his speed FORCES DE's to stop rushing and back off. They can run a Run/Pass option offense and move the ball. There is no way with a traditional QB and offense this team is going anywhere but 2-14 or 3-13.

GM's have said on NFL Radio they do not want LJ in their division.

LJ is Randall Cunningham or Mike Vick....either way he changes the game....and that's exactly what the Cardinals need.
    Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinals View Post
    IMHO - The ONLY way the Cardinals have a chance to win the division this season is with Lamar Jackson....again the ONLY WAY!

They don't have the O lineman, WR's or TE to put up 13+ points a game as they currently stand. Lamar and his speed FORCES DE's to stop rushing and back off. They can run a Run/Pass option offense and move the ball. There is no way with a traditional QB and offense this team is going anywhere but 2-14 or 3-13.

LJ is Randall Cunningham or Mike Vick....either way he changes the game....and that's exactly what the Cardinals need.
    Even if we draft LJ he wouldn't play this season...no chance to win div this year unless Sam gets hot and Rams fold
    The Wilks era begin

Quote Originally Posted by sinsay View Post
    If Lamar Jackson is half the player he was in college and the cards past it may be the final straw for the GM.

I think S.K. has done a pretty good job at GM and the only thing he needs to secure is QBOTF.

I think Jackson can be a great player if he get to the ground or out of bounds before he gets hits.

How does a DEFENSE account for his legs?

Put a SPY on him that he will out run or D. Johnson blocks to spring the QB

With D.J on the field they must assign a S or LB to him
    making Jackson reads easier.

The more SPEED you put on the field with Jackson the more the Safeties have to back up giving room for DJ AND LJ to run for 5 to 12 yards and get out of bounds. Jackson has enough arm talent to make the defense respect the LONG ball.

IF he fails you can still run the wildcat or turn him into a big play WR with gadget plays. A player that can score enough to warrant a 1st round pick just playing a different ***.

Lamar Jackson will also have a easier than most transition playing for cards.

HEAD COACH (HAS BEEN ON A TEAM WITH A YOUNG BLACK QB WITH RUNNING ABILITY AND A STRONG ARM) (HAS SPOKEN HIGHLY OF JACKSON)

QB COACH (YOUNG HAS A UNIQUE UNDERSTAND OF BEING A BLACK QB.) (GREAT YOUNG COACH THAT CAN TEACH HIM)

OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR (VERSATILE) (HAS WORKED WITH A RANGE OF QB'S)

OFFENSIVE ASST (WORKED WITH CAM ALSO AND UNDERSTANDS MOBILE YOUNG BLACK QB'S WITH STRONG ARMS)

FITZ (WHAT BETTER WR TO LEARN TO PLAY QB FROM THAN LARRY)

PP2 (WHAT BETTER CB TO SHARPEN YOUR SKILLS AGAINST)

I think for Lamar to flourish in the NFL he like most all players need a good fit. With Jackson i think he also need to be comfortable with the coaches around him as he seems skeptical of the intentions of the NFL to change his position and has undervalued his game film.

Again, for all of the SK doubters...he literally has a new 5 year deal that the ink isn't even dry on yet. He's not getting fired. He could select me with his first round pick and MB isn't going to fire him.

As for LJack...tremendous athlete. Scary. A little light in the frame for my preference and that would be my #1 concern. He is nothing like Cam in that regard. Not even the same universe.

His offseason decisions have either been a work of genius to manipulate him being available for someone lower in the first or are a sign of true incompetence by both he and his moms.

The whiteboard performance at the combine was not good, according to reports. Again, maybe a team says that so they can manipulate where he goes.

Not in 100 years would i take him round 1. I'd rather have Rudolph in round 2. Maybe round 3.
    If I didn't say it, it didn't need to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinals View Post

I am not in favor of throwing him into the fire .... would rather see where the season goes as the Cards enter their 12th - 13th game in 2018 and whether Bradford is still the QB or out for the season. If it's the former and Cards are in playoff hunt, then LJ won't play however if Cards are out of the playoffs, then like the Rams with Goff it'll be find to let him get his feet wet for 4-5 games.

LJ also had the best conversion rate inside the red zone of any of the other QB's so it would also be interesting to have a 6-7 play package inside the red zone that LJ might also see some action after the season's bye week.

BTW -- Saints are the team that could trade up to get LJ -- http://www.espn.com/blog/new-orleans...ew-brees-clone
    Last edited by SurpriseCardFan; 04-10-2018 at 11:40 AM.

Not an NFL QB. Doesn't go through his progressions, Cannot read defenses. Cannot play in a pro-style of offense. You don't want this guy.

Let's put this in perspective. The guy won the Heisman Trophy in 2016 and actually got WORSE since then. Players usually get better to some degree. They may not see a big improvement but some improvement is observed. At the very least they play at the same level. He has actually regressed.

He is nothing like Randall Cunningham; can't believe someone made that comparison. Michael Vick is a more accurate comparison except Vick was much faster and more athletic as a runner. I think if you were talking about Lamar Jackson in 2001, you could make an argument to draft him. But since then, linebackers are running 4.5- 4.7 40's and even some defensive ends have been tracked at 4.7. You are cannot win in the NFL as a runner only in today's NFL. Defenses are too fast. They won't let you run a bootleg for 20 yards like in 2001.

Can't believe any fan would want this guy.
    Last edited by cardinalsDO; 04-10-2018 at 11:54 AM.
    Go Cardinals!

Quote Originally Posted by OJ Anderson View Post
    Again, for all of the SK doubters...he literally has a new 5 year deal that the ink isn't even dry on yet. He's not getting fired. He could select me with his first round pick and MB isn't going to fire him. .
    Yeah, but he hasn't incurred the wraith of the fans or the local media yet. In Phoenix, both parties tend to catch on late regarding the incompetence of a GM or coach. But when it comes, that fury is unending. Just look at this forum from a year ago. I was the only SK critic and now 1/3 of the forum is. If the Cardinals go 4-12 or 5-11 next season, you can be assured that Keim will no longer be given a pass by the media or fans and MB will have to deal with that. He tends to support the fans and may have no choice. Do I see SK gettiing fired after next season, not at all, but in 2 years, maybe
    Last edited by cardinalsDO; 04-10-2018 at 11:59 AM.
    Go Cardinals!

Quote Originally Posted by OJ Anderson View Post
    Again, for all of the SK doubters...he literally has a new 5 year deal that the ink isn't even dry on yet. He's not getting fired. He could select me with his first round pick and MB isn't going to fire him.

As for LJack...tremendous athlete. Scary. A little light in the frame for my preference and that would be my #1 concern. He is nothing like Cam in that regard. Not even the same universe.

His offseason decisions have either been a work of genius to manipulate him being available for someone lower in the first or are a sign of true incompetence by both he and his moms.

The whiteboard performance at the combine was not good, according to reports. Again, maybe a team says that so they can manipulate where he goes.

Not in 100 years would i take him round 1. I'd rather have Rudolph in round 2. Maybe round 3.
    Ya, so many genuises out there evaluating everything that has even happened yet. MB believes in Keim and wants to be his friend even though we all know it's a business. I still think MB believes in him. This is now a very stable organization. Keim doesn't listen to the critics and wisely so. One could say thank goodness his criticizers don't get paid to make decisions. They didn't work for a football team that had 50 wins the last 5 years. Easy for them to say.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post
    Not an NFL QB. Doesn't go through his progressions, Cannot read defenses. Cannot play in a pro-style of offense. You don't want this guy.

Let's put this in perspective. The guy won the Heisman Trophy in 2016 and actually got WORSE since then. Players usually get better to some degree. They may not see a big improvement but some improvement is observed. At the very least they play at the same level. He has actually regressed.

He is nothing like Randall Cunningham; can't believe someone made that comparison. Michael Vick is a more accurate comparison except Vick was much faster and more athletic as a runner. I think if you were talking about Lamar Jackson in 2001, you could make an argument to draft him. But since then, linebackers are running 4.5- 4.7 40's and even some defensive ends have been tracked at 4.7. You are cannot win in the NFL as a runner only in today's NFL. Defenses are too fast. They won't let you run a bootleg for 20 yards like in 2001.

[inappropriate content removed]
    Last edited by Drachir; 04-10-2018 at 05:30 PM. Reason: see brackets above
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post

2016 -- 56.2% completion -- 3,543 passing yards -- 1,571 rushing yards
    2017 -- 59.1% completion - 3,660 passing yards -- 1,601 rushing yards

Please google the stats readily available before you assume that since he didn't win the Heisman in 2017 he had a worse year or didn't improve as that assumption is FALSE (see above). Petrino runs more of a pro-style offense than most of the other top 7 QB's. Randall Cunningham and Lamar Jackson coming out of college are almost IDENTICAL in height - weight (LJ will put on some more weight in the pros just like Randall C.) --

LJ has been timed at 4.32 at Louisville and so a statement like Vick (who is shorter) is "much faster" is just hyperbole. Also in 2001 you could do anything to bring a QB down including knee or head shots in the pocket which is not allowed. Also NFL is going to new tackling rules that will make tackling elusive players that much more difficult -- we'll see in 4 yrs who of the top 5 QB's skillset will transform a different kind of NFL into the next decade.

This article from 2016 on how hard Petrino worked LJ to be a pocket QB (some interesting anecdotes including a 40 yd dash vs. Rajon Rondo) -- http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...t-to-superstar
    Last edited by SurpriseCardFan; 04-10-2018 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    2016 -- 56.2% completion -- 3,543 passing yards -- 1,571 rushing yards
    2017 -- 59.1% completion - 3,660 passing yards -- 1,601 rushing yards

Please google the stats readily available before you assume that since he didn't win the Heisman in 2017 he had a worse year or didn't improve as that assumption is FALSE (see above). Petrino runs more of a pro-style offense than most of the other top 7 QB's. Randall Cunningham and Lamar Jackson coming out of college are almost IDENTICAL in height - weight (LJ will put on some more weight in the pros just like Randall C.) --

LJ has been timed at 4.32 at Louisville and so a statement like Vick (who is shorter) is "much faster" is just hyperbole. Also in 2001 you could do anything to bring a QB down including knee or head shots in the pocket which is not allowed. Also NFL is going to new tackling rules that will make tackling elusive players that much more difficult -- we'll see in 4 yrs who of the top 5 QB's skillset will transform a different kind of NFL into the next decade.

This article from 2016 on how hard Petrino worked LJ to be a pocket QB (some interesting anecdotes including a 40 yd dash vs. Rajon Rondo) -- http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...t-to-superstar
    I will be super pissed if 15 comes around and we pass on LJ if he's there.
    Still searching for our QBOF.