Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 168

Thread: Lamar jackson

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Verde Valley
    Posts
    7,889

    Default

    You and me both...if 15 comes and goes without a QB....I`ll........i don`t know what i`ll do but it will be ......nevermind
    The Wilks era begin

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Paradise Valley, AZ
    Posts
    3,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    I will be super pissed if 15 comes around and we pass on LJ if he's there.
    Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    You and me both...if 15 comes and goes without a QB....I`ll........i don`t know what i`ll do but it will be ......nevermind
    I wouldn't be surprised if our 1st selection isn't a QB but we need to make it a QB no matter who it is as there are so many QB's that could go in the first round. At least 4 QB's and as many as 7. We need to be one drafting at all costs. Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson, Mason Rudolph, Kyle Lauletta and Luke Falk are all worthy of being drafted in the 1st Round.
    "Let's Shock The World" - Kurt Warner Jan 10, 2009 after defeating Carolina Panthers 33-13


  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    You and me both...if 15 comes and goes without a QB....I`ll........i don`t know what i`ll do but it will be ......nevermind
    Definition of a reach. "At 15 we must take a QB, I dont care who".


    I would rather have the #1 T or #1 CB or #1 WR or #1 G or #1 DT over the #4 QB. We have Bradford for 2 years. I dont know why the dire need for a QB. We've passed on QBs for 12 years. Whats one more year make a difference.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Verde Valley
    Posts
    7,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Definition of a reach. "At 15 we must take a QB, I dont care who".


    I would rather have the #1 T or #1 CB or #1 WR or #1 G or #1 DT over the #4 QB. We have Bradford for 2 years. I dont know why the dire need for a QB. We've passed on QBs for 12 years. Whats one more year make a difference.
    because everything we have done this offseason is set up to draft a QB...nope its this year..the QB grass is not greener next year...This is it like it or not
    The Wilks era begin

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Definition of a reach. "At 15 we must take a QB, I dont care who".


    I would rather have the #1 T or #1 CB or #1 WR or #1 G or #1 DT over the #4 QB. We have Bradford for 2 years. I dont know why the dire need for a QB. We've passed on QBs for 12 years. Whats one more year make a difference.
    Heard this last year with Watson.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    because everything we have done this offseason is set up to draft a QB...nope its this year..the QB grass is not greener next year...This is it like it or not
    Doesnt matter. Try in 2020. Or 2021. Or 2022. Or 2023. No excuse for "need" matters. A reach is a reach is a reach. "Drafting X no matter what" is what reaching is.

    What if there were 10 QBs drafted round 1. And we drafted the 11th. I see no difference between 11th or 4th. Youre taking left overs when theres BPA's available.

    Reaching is the #1 draft sin you can commit and you are sprinting to commit it.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Paradise Valley, AZ
    Posts
    3,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Definition of a reach. "At 15 we must take a QB, I dont care who".


    I would rather have the #1 T or #1 CB or #1 WR or #1 G or #1 DT over the #4 QB. We have Bradford for 2 years. I dont know why the dire need for a QB. We've passed on QBs for 12 years. Whats one more year make a difference.
    Because the draft is that deep at QB's and this is the year to grab a QB. #1 T or #1 WR or #1 G or #1 DT may not be there at 15 either. Also and trying to make a point but would you take the #1 KR or #1 PR or #1 K or #1 P if they are available? I think we all know the answer and of course that is an exaggerated example but you don't just take a #4 or #5 QB if they weren't that good. I said earlier that there were anywhere from 4 to 7 QB's that could be taken in the 1st Round. There are actually up to 8 QB's that could go into the 1st round. You have Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, and Josh Allen all projected to go before the #12 position. Than you have Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph that could go before the #20 position along with Kyle Lauletta and Luke Falk that could fall toward the end of the 1st round.

    I see Cleveland, NY Jets, and Buffalo as definitely selecting QB. Ny Giants, Denver and Miami as strong possibility of selecting a QB. Than there is us which could be 5 or 6 QB's before we select unless we trade up. I see strong possibility of San Diego, New Orleans, Pittsburgh and New England as taking a QB for the future.
    "Let's Shock The World" - Kurt Warner Jan 10, 2009 after defeating Carolina Panthers 33-13


  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    Even if we draft LJ he wouldn't play this season...no chance to win div this year unless Sam gets hot and Rams fold
    Man I don't know.......Russell Wilson took over right away even though the hawks had brought in a proven vet QB from Green Bay to start (forget his name off hand). I've always admired Pete Carroll for making such a gutsy call to go with a rookie drafted in the 3rd round. And now here they are two SB's later and the man is still performing at an elite level.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Verde Valley
    Posts
    7,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redhammer View Post
    Man I don't know.......Russell Wilson took over right away even though the hawks had brought in a proven vet QB from Green Bay to start (forget his name off hand). I've always admired Pete Carroll for making such a gutsy call to go with a rookie drafted in the 3rd round. And now here they are two SB's later and the man is still performing at an elite level.
    I'm not saying it couldn't happen ,, just ideally the rook sits a year...but obviously with Sam as QB the rook could need to start early
    The Wilks era begin

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rimrockcard View Post
    i'm not saying it couldn't happen ,, just ideally the rook sits a year...but obviously with sam as qb the rook could need to start early
    lol!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •