Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamar jackson

You and me both...if 15 comes and goes without a QB....I`ll........i don`t know what i`ll do but it will be ......nevermind
    The Wilks era begin

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    I will be super pissed if 15 comes around and we pass on LJ if he's there.
    Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    You and me both...if 15 comes and goes without a QB....I`ll........i don`t know what i`ll do but it will be ......nevermind
    I wouldn't be surprised if our 1st selection isn't a QB but we need to make it a QB no matter who it is as there are so many QB's that could go in the first round. At least 4 QB's and as many as 7. We need to be one drafting at all costs. Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson, Mason Rudolph, Kyle Lauletta and Luke Falk are all worthy of being drafted in the 1st Round.
    "Let's Shock The World" - Kurt Warner Jan 10, 2009 after defeating Carolina Panthers 33-13

Definition of a reach. "At 15 we must take a QB, I dont care who".

I would rather have the #1 T or #1 CB or #1 WR or #1 G or #1 DT over the #4 QB. We have Bradford for 2 years. I dont know why the dire need for a QB. We've passed on QBs for 12 years. Whats one more year make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post

I would rather have the #1 T or #1 CB or #1 WR or #1 G or #1 DT over the #4 QB. We have Bradford for 2 years. I dont know why the dire need for a QB. We've passed on QBs for 12 years. Whats one more year make a difference.
    because everything we have done this offseason is set up to draft a QB...nope its this year..the QB grass is not greener next year...This is it like it or not
    The Wilks era begin

Heard this last year with Watson.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

because everything we have done this offseason is set up to draft a QB...nope its this year..the QB grass is not greener next year...This is it like it or not
    Doesnt matter. Try in 2020. Or 2021. Or 2022. Or 2023. No excuse for "need" matters. A reach is a reach is a reach. "Drafting X no matter what" is what reaching is.

What if there were 10 QBs drafted round 1. And we drafted the 11th. I see no difference between 11th or 4th. Youre taking left overs when theres BPA's available.

Reaching is the #1 draft sin you can commit and you are sprinting to commit it.

Because the draft is that deep at QB's and this is the year to grab a QB. #1 T or #1 WR or #1 G or #1 DT may not be there at 15 either. Also and trying to make a point but would you take the #1 KR or #1 PR or #1 K or #1 P if they are available? I think we all know the answer and of course that is an exaggerated example but you don't just take a #4 or #5 QB if they weren't that good. I said earlier that there were anywhere from 4 to 7 QB's that could be taken in the 1st Round. There are actually up to 8 QB's that could go into the 1st round. You have Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, and Josh Allen all projected to go before the #12 position. Than you have Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph that could go before the #20 position along with Kyle Lauletta and Luke Falk that could fall toward the end of the 1st round.

I see Cleveland, NY Jets, and Buffalo as definitely selecting QB. Ny Giants, Denver and Miami as strong possibility of selecting a QB. Than there is us which could be 5 or 6 QB's before we select unless we trade up. I see strong possibility of San Diego, New Orleans, Pittsburgh and New England as taking a QB for the future.
    "Let's Shock The World" - Kurt Warner Jan 10, 2009 after defeating Carolina Panthers 33-13

Even if we draft LJ he wouldn't play this season...no chance to win div this year unless Sam gets hot and Rams fold
    Man I don't know.......Russell Wilson took over right away even though the hawks had brought in a proven vet QB from Green Bay to start (forget his name off hand). I've always admired Pete Carroll for making such a gutsy call to go with a rookie drafted in the 3rd round. And now here they are two SB's later and the man is still performing at an elite level.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhammer View Post
    Man I don't know.......Russell Wilson took over right away even though the hawks had brought in a proven vet QB from Green Bay to start (forget his name off hand). I've always admired Pete Carroll for making such a gutsy call to go with a rookie drafted in the 3rd round. And now here they are two SB's later and the man is still performing at an elite level.
    I'm not saying it couldn't happen ,, just ideally the rook sits a year...but obviously with Sam as QB the rook could need to start early
    The Wilks era begin

Quote Originally Posted by rimrockcard View Post
    i'm not saying it couldn't happen ,, just ideally the rook sits a year...but obviously with sam as qb the rook could need to start early
    lol!!!