Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would you rather have

Default Who would you rather have

Who would you rather have in the draft ? Rudolph or Lauletta ? I'm leaning towards Lauletta. Think in time he will be better than Rudolph. Main thing I have against Rudolph is he is another Palmer. You know where he is going to be in the pocket and doesn't have that much escape ability. Tired of QB with lead feet. Same goes for Fauk. Another stationary QB.

The NFL is changing. In todays game you need a QB who can escape the rush. Not necessarily a running QB, but someone who can get out side the rush and put pressure on the D to pick up an chunk of yards. Someone like Rogers or Wilson. Someone looking to throw first but can and will tuck it and Run. Neither Rudolph or
    Fauk bring that element.

They are about the same. But considering Rudolph put up better numbers vs stiffer competition, he deserves the edge.

2nd-3rd round each

Others have mentioned Lauletta is more intelligent,
    its hard to say how smart Rudolph would have looked against teams in the Colonial because he was too busy putting up numbers in the Big 12.

Flip of a coin to me with a slight edge going to MR.....very slight
    The Wilks era begin

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
    Its hard to say how smart Rudolph would have looked against teams in the Colonial because he was too busy putting up numbers in the Big 12.
    True.

He would have actually had to run a pro-style offense, go through progressions, and make anticipatory NFL reads/throws. Since he did none of that at Oklahoma State, we don't know.

We know that Lauletta can. Against weaker competition.

There's the rub.

Default r, l, f

cards should bug beliceks phone and draft the one that he likes...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Who would you rather have in the draft ? Rudolph or Lauletta ? I'm leaning towards Lauletta. Think in time he will be better than Rudolph. Main thing I have against Rudolph is he is another Palmer. You know where he is going to be in the pocket and doesn't have that much escape ability. Tired of QB with lead feet. Same goes for Fauk. Another stationary QB.

The NFL is changing. In todays game you need a QB who can escape the rush. Not necessarily a running QB, but someone who can get out side the rush and put pressure on the D to pick up an chunk of yards. Someone like Rogers or Wilson. Someone looking to throw first but can and will tuck it and Run. Neither Rudolph or
    Fauk bring that element.

Neither one.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcardinalfan View Post
    cards should bug beliceks phone and draft the one that he likes...lol

That would be Falk.

Backups in the NFL.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

I see both as career backups