Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who would you rather have

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post
    For me, competition matters. If a QB is not facing any competition in college and has all day to throw, they are going to look better. If they are throwing to wide open receivers, it's much easier. Small school QB's are a concern. For every Carson Wentz, there are 20 John Skeltons. And it's not like they are going to the SEC, they are going 2 standard deviations higher in terms of competition to the NFL. The speed of the game is 10 fold. Can they make the same reads as quickly. Can Lauletta's weak arm compensate in the NFL in which DB's are faster and will pick off passes much more quickly. For the most part, the small school QB's just get killed in the NFL. It's a different game and they aren't used to that pace and pressure.

Wentz
    Big Ben
    Jimmy Garoppolo
    Tony Romo
    Kurt Warner
    Derek Carr

I don't think you dock a QB for arbitrary reasons. The positive thing about Lauletta is that when he faced higher level competition, he usually did well, like his game against Virginia.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=400869427

EDIT-Forgot Steve McNair. ;)
    Last edited by MSloan; 04-12-2018 at 09:17 PM.

Default qbs

one thing for sure...its gonna be a fun draft...qbs will be overdrafted, some team will give way too much to move up, some qbs will drop...im sure there will be some ***? moments...cant wait. cards have to have a good draft this year to add young guys who can contribute otherwise the 90-100 mil in cap room next year will be wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by MSloan View Post
    Wentz
    Big Ben
    Jimmy Garoppolo
    Tony Romo
    Kurt Warner
    Derek Carr

I don't think you dock a QB for arbitrary reasons. The positive thing about Lauletta is that when he faced higher level competition, he usually did well, like his game against Virginia.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=400869427

EDIT-Forgot Steve McNair. ;)
    Yeah, the "but he came from a small school" thing is silly.

At this point, any QB who has gone through the "process" is a legit prospect. The small school pretenders have long ago been weeded out.

You don't look at tape and react to what the player is doing against the competition. You watch the tape and ask how his traits will translate to the next level.

Lauletta is for real. Doesn't have Garoppolo's arm, but that's a really close comp (even if it's somewhat lazy because they are both FCS guys.)

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Who would you rather have in the draft ? Rudolph or Lauletta ? I'm leaning towards Lauletta. Think in time he will be better than Rudolph. Main thing I have against Rudolph is he is another Palmer. You know where he is going to be in the pocket and doesn't have that much escape ability. Tired of QB with lead feet. Same goes for Fauk. Another stationary QB.

The NFL is changing. In todays game you need a QB who can escape the rush. Not necessarily a running QB, but someone who can get out side the rush and put pressure on the D to pick up an chunk of yards. Someone like Rogers or Wilson. Someone looking to throw first but can and will tuck it and Run. Neither Rudolph or
    Fauk bring that element.
    Doesn't Brady have lead feet? He isn't too bad.