Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would you rather have

In don't follow college football, so I'm only going from what the pundits say...I would go with Lauletta.

The point I would like to make. There will be QB that will shine that is not in the top 4 or 5 QB at this time. Some team is going to hit the jackpot with a low round pick.

Will it be us or the *** Patriots....
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

I could care less if the Patriots want Lauletta supposedly. They make a living on tricking people. They probably really want Rudolph like Pittsburgh.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Can anyone tell me how Mason Rudolph is any major difference from Bryce Petty? He's a guy who thrived in a video game offense, playing in a conference that is known for big QB numbers and poor defense. Absolutely nothing about him jumps out at me. He looks the part as a passer but I don't see much that is transferable to the NFL game. He played with one of the best receiving groups in the country and they bailed him out more often than not. I'd far rather draft receivers from Oklahoma State for being able to dive for passes and catch balls thrown behind them over and over than to draft Rudolph.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogsCards View Post
    I could care less if the Patriots want Lauletta supposedly. They make a living on tricking people. They probably really want Rudolph like Pittsburgh.

Considering that Lauletta is basically perfect for the offense they run, I highly doubt that. Lauletta is the closest thing to Garoppolo since the original. Of course Belichick is going to be heavily interested. He's a guy with a super quick release who is decisive, can move his feet a bit, plays well in big moments and had some huge games against opponents well above his teams level of play.

https://t.co/goiQ76FPcj

Quote Originally Posted by MSloan View Post
    Considering that Lauletta is basically perfect for the offense they run, I highly doubt that. Lauletta is the closest thing to Garoppolo since the original. Of course Belichick is going to be heavily interested. He's a guy with a super quick release who is decisive, can move his feet a bit, plays well in big moments and had some huge games against opponents well above his teams level of play.

https://t.co/goiQ76FPcj
    Lauletta doesn't have Garoppolo's arm, but I agree- he won't get past New England in Round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Lauletta doesn't have Garoppolo's arm, but I agree- he won't get past New England in Round 2.
    Could be. And while we're at it. The Cards might not allow anyone to take Josh Allen but themselves no matter what anybody wants, no matter how many tireless mocks are created.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Define "arm."?

Lauletta's velocity is above the average for this years' group of QB's.
    Last edited by Crazy-Canuck; 04-12-2018 at 10:52 AM.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

For me, competition matters. If a QB is not facing any competition in college and has all day to throw, they are going to look better. If they are throwing to wide open receivers, it's much easier. Small school QB's are a concern. For every Carson Wentz, there are 20 John Skeltons. And it's not like they are going to the SEC, they are going 2 standard deviations higher in terms of competition to the NFL. The speed of the game is 10 fold. Can they make the same reads as quickly. Can Lauletta's weak arm compensate in the NFL in which DB's are faster and will pick off passes much more quickly. For the most part, the small school QB's just get killed in the NFL. It's a different game and they aren't used to that pace and pressure.
    Last edited by cardinalsDO; 04-12-2018 at 12:13 PM.
    Go Cardinals!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Define "arm."?

Lauletta's velocity is above the average for this years' group of QB's.
    As in strength to zip it into a tight window outside the numbers, or launch a 9-route without having to rainbow it. Garoppolo can do that. Lauletta struggles with the high-difficulty throws which require high velocity AND pinpoint placement.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogsCards View Post
    I predict that Rudolph won't get to Rd 2. There are many QB targets and much QB mania ongoing in GM war rooms this year. Like you suggest, some team with a vision will jump Rudolph. Obviously Rudolph needs polish. A New England or Pittsburgh or New Orleans type team with a future QB hole to fill will call Rudolph's name and then sit back biding their time until the youngster master's the tradecraft.