Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Thank you Keim for emphasizing character

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Prescott
    Posts
    1,422

    Default Thank you Keim for emphasizing character

    I was astounded last year when our Cards selected Reddick over Reuben Foster. Keim nailed that one http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...estic-violence

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Curmudgeon View Post
    I was astounded last year when our Cards selected Reddick over Reuben Foster. Keim nailed that one http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...estic-violence
    Such a waste of talent in Reuben Foster. Reddick was still a bad pick at the spot, regardless of what happens to Reuben Foster.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,680

    Default

    yea because Haasan has done SOOOOOO MUCH (sarcasm)

    Red was a waste of a pick....while he hasn't been arrested he's done nothing to warrant a 1st round pick.....or even in the 4th round.

    TJ Watt would have been 1000 x's better pick
    Owner

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    Such a waste of talent in Reuben Foster. Reddick was still a bad pick at the spot, regardless of what happens to Reuben Foster.
    Wrong.

    But Ezekiel Elliott was DEFINITELY a bad pick with Jalen Ramsey still on the board. That one will haunt Dallas for a decade.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    5,775

    Default

    Successful organizations set and enforce personal integrity and character bars. That bar doesn't stop or weed out all actors but it does limit the damage done by squeaker mistakes long-term. The Cards have a higher bar than some NFL teams, thanks to MB's leadership.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,354

    Default

    I really appreciate the emphaisis that is put on this aspect of future NFL players by the Cards org..

    But to say Reddick was a wasted pic, No. It was unfortunate for Reddick and the Cards that Golden got hurt early. That shifted the whole D. So Reddick had to play a position that he had not trained for during the OTAs, Mini Cs, and Preseason for. Playing out of his assigned original position because of another players injury. Yet he's deem a "bust" by those that always think the grass is greener someplace else.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    I really appreciate the emphaisis that is put on this aspect of future NFL players by the Cards org..

    But to say Reddick was a wasted pic, No. It was unfortunate for Reddick and the Cards that Golden got hurt early. That shifted the whole D. So Reddick had to play a position that he had not trained for during the OTAs, Mini Cs, and Preseason for. Playing out of his assigned original position because of another players injury. Yet he's deem a "bust" by those that always think the grass is greener someplace else.
    Correct.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    I really appreciate the emphaisis that is put on this aspect of future NFL players by the Cards org..

    But to say Reddick was a wasted pic, No. It was unfortunate for Reddick and the Cards that Golden got hurt early. That shifted the whole D. So Reddick had to play a position that he had not trained for during the OTAs, Mini Cs, and Preseason for. Playing out of his assigned original position because of another players injury. Yet he's deem a "bust" by those that always think the grass is greener someplace else.
    You are correct, sir!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,087

    Default

    At best Reddick will be a Deone Bucannon type player. Good. Never a star.


    Reddick was a bad choice, not a bad pick in himself. He wasnt the BPA nor was LB a dire need. We couldve had:

    Malik Hooker, who looked every bit the ballhawk he was touted as.

    Jon Allen, who looked really really good pre-injury.

    Tre'davious White, who was one of the best CBs in the NFL, even as a rookie

    Not to mention we couldve moved up within 3 spots and taken:

    Marshon Lattimore, who already looks like a future HOF'r

    Patrick Mahones

    Or everybodys favorite, Deshaun Watson


    Thats 6 far better picks we couldve made
    Last edited by Zaz; 04-12-2018 at 03:35 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,904

    Default

    Give him a year or 2. Draft picks often take 2-3 years to evaluate. We haven't even played a season in Wilks system and people are already throwing Keim, Reddick under the bus. Be patient. Keim's drafts are still materializing going back 2 years. Let's see what happens because people just don't know. They're not a pro athlete, there are not a professional scout.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •