Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: *Your Anti-Pick*

Raze is offline You cant handle the truth

1) Josh Allen - I still don't get it. His entire profile could be summed up in 1 phrase: "Untapped Potential with ZERO Production". This is the type of prospect that gets you fired 99% of the time. Good luck that this is the 1%.

2) Any WR. There isn't a single guy worth it. Plus, WR2 is a 10th most important position on O. 11th with a 2 TE package. I'm a firm believer that you only take a FREAK WR in the 1st, and there are none this year. Total waste of time taking one this early.
    13RFoster 36CGodwin 98RDouglas 115DJohnson 157CBrantley 179XWoods 208CKelly

1. Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
    2. Marcus Davenport - DE- Texas-San Antonio

Has Steve Keim written all over these picks. Small school reaches that are grossly overrated and will be busts

Hope it doesn't manifest but don't think we will get that lucky
    Last edited by cardinalsDO; 04-16-2018 at 09:51 PM.
    Go Cardinals!

I know he isn't really first round quality. But I'd hate it if the Cards took Lamar Jackson.
    Almost as much as I hated it when they picked Michael Floyd.
    I'd hate it if they took him on day two (Where someone will take him) too.
    Logan Woodside is not a day three pick, he is the best QB in college.

Quote Originally Posted by cardsfan68 View Post
    You nailed everything I was going to point out about Ridley. If the guy hadn't played at Alabama I don't think we would even know his name right now.

He had poor production, less than average size and speed, and the best thing people can say about him is "route running"...which is code for, he doesn't really do anything else well.

I wouldn't take Ridley until the 3rd round, I think there are much better WR's in this class.

That said, I have a really bad feeling he will be our pick.
    I hope you are not going off of Bucky Brooks or Daniel Jjeremiah's Mock Drafts. They both keep putting up the Insane choice of Ridley to be Fitz replacement. Ridley is My Anti-choice as well. Any WR this year at #15 would be ......sub-optimal to be polite about it.

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post
    1. Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
    2. Marcus Davenport - DE- Texas-San Antonio

Has Steve Keim written all over these picks. Small school reaches that are grossly overrated and will be busts

Hope it doesn't manifest but don't think we will get that lucky
    WF had article that some teams have taken Vander Esch off their boards due to a physical/health issue so this appears to be a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    WF had article that some teams have taken Vander Esch off their boards due to a physical/health issue so this appears to be a good choice.
    If he falls to us in the 2nd round we should be jumping for joy. He got a 4 out of 5 at the combine medical check...and the report that surfaced said he was rechecked even though he was not.

He had a stinger his sophomore year, which was checked out...they found no structural damage and determined a concussion had not occurred.

This kid is a stud. He would be a monster in our new 4-3 and would instantly be the most talented LB on our team. If these reports are false, it is really unfair to the kid...because it costs him money.

Like I said, I would be ecstatic if he fell to us in the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by cardsfan68 View Post
    If he falls to us in the 2nd round we should be jumping for joy. He got a 4 out of 5 at the combine medical check...and the report that surfaced said he was rechecked even though he was not.

He had a stinger his sophomore year, which was checked out...they found no structural damage and determined a concussion had not occurred.

This kid is a stud. He would be a monster in our new 4-3 and would instantly be the most talented LB on our team. If these reports are false, it is really unfair to the kid...because it costs him money.

Like I said, I would be ecstatic if he fell to us in the 2nd.
    I don't know how you can watch LVE's tape and not like him as a player, he is **** fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I don't know how you can watch LVE's tape and not like him as a player, he is **** fun to watch.
    Just keeps coming back to need. LVE is exciting. Hes a good player. Helps his team. But so does Minkah Fitzpatrick. As good as these players are, we are OK at LB and S. Whereas we are bleeding to death at CB and WR.

FTR, Ive been doing more research...my #1 CB is Denzel Ward. It was Josh Jackson. Nah, im all aboard with Ward now. 100% of his scouting report negatives are size related.

Hes only 5'10. And? Odell and Antonio Brown are 5'10 too. When 6'3 guys come to town, we'll put PP on them. Its such a non issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Just keeps coming back to need. LVE is exciting. Hes a good player. Helps his team. But so does Minkah Fitzpatrick. As good as these players are, we are OK at LB and S. Whereas we are bleeding to death at CB and WR.
    Reddick, DBuc and Bynes and after that we don't have much else. Out of those 3, Bynes is the only one I'd pencil in at MIKE LB and he has a get out of his contract after next season. We have little to no depth at LB.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Its arguable DL is the 3rd greatest need behind CB2 and WR. And no, QB is not our #1 need. I dont consider the QB next year (2019) and beyond to be a dire need today. We currently have 0 CB2's. Thats a dire need today. We have a QB. Bradford. We do not have a CB2 or WRs behind Larry.

On the DL we have bodies but little talent on the interior. I would be thrilled with Vea or Hurst.
    Here is the problem that I see or noticed and haven't done enough research to see if it is true or not. Every QB or OL we have drafted in the first round has been a bust. Matt Leinart and Leonard Davis come to mind here. When we draft a WR or CB we seem to nail it. Patrick Peterson, Larry Fitzgerald, Antrel Rolle, and DRC come to mind here. Let's continue that route the more I think about it and look for OL and QB in the 2nd round and beyond.
    "Let's Shock The World" - Kurt Warner Jan 10, 2009 after defeating Carolina Panthers 33-13