Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: *Your Anti-Pick*

RE Ridley, I dont like him either. And I have no good reason why. Its not that I dislike him, its more than im not impressed by him and dont think hes a 1st rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    RE Ridley, I dont like him either. And I have no good reason why. Its not that I dislike him, its more than im not impressed by him and dont think hes a 1st rounder.
    You may be right, but I would wager Ridley will be off the board prior to 20th pick in first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Not amusingly, my anti pick in 2016 was Nkemdiche. Not kidding. I was chanting anybody but Nkemdiche, so that sucked.
    Almost as bad as if Arizona has taken Joshua Garnett (pick before) or Gemain Ifedi (2 picks after,) who have both been demonstratively worse as pros than Nkemdiche.

The only thing amusing is that you take such pleasure in giving yourself credit for saying the one guy you didn't want Keim to pick was the guy he did pick (with the intended inference being that you are soooo smart, but the reality being that Nkemdiche never was and certainly is not now- a "bust.")

High comedy really. You, in essence, making yourself look bad without even realizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Almost as bad as if Arizona has taken Joshua Garnett (pick before) or Gemain Ifedi (2 picks after,) who have both been demonstratively worse as pros than Nkemdiche.

The only thing amusing is that you take such pleasure in giving yourself credit for saying the one guy you didn't want Keim to pick was the guy he did pick (with the intended inference being that you are soooo smart, but the reality being that Nkemdiche never was and certainly is not now- a "bust.")

High comedy really. You, in essence, making yourself look bad without even realizing it.
    Most back then who had concerns with Nkemdiche talked about the risk of off field issues. Off field was the reason he was even available when we picked. Now that hes been clean off field, the goal posts move.

Great topic. I concur with Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson. I just can't get past the low completion percentages. For me, any trade up would be the anti pick in itself, unless Darnold or Rosen fall to Oakland's 10th pick. I think there's more depth in this draft compared to last year. Plus we've more needs. OT is the way to go or failing that CB at 15 for me. Not sure what someone on this thread has against Josh Jackson.
    Last edited by Toosmooth; 04-16-2018 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Most back then who had concerns with Nkemdiche talked about the risk of off field issues. Off field was the reason he was even available when we picked. Now that hes been clean off field, the goal posts move.
    Pretty much. But that's Zaz 101. Over-the-top absolutes. Then, when proven wrong, shift the premise.

I am actually quite interested in seeing what Nkemdiche can do as a 3-tech DT., which certainly seems to align with his skill set.

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post

Everything about this post lacks depth of intelligence and understanding of context. Myself and those who hated the Nkemidche pick recognize the difference:

Garnett and Ifedi were good college players. If you drafted them, and they bust, theres really no fault on you. They looked like stars, but crapped out. It happens.

Nkemdiche was trash in college and has been trash in the NFL. Absolutely nothing about his NFL career has been surprising. To his credit, he is EXACTLY the same player he was in college. A ghost who flashes talent once a month. Impressive consistency in his disappoint.

Which is why Keim is a fat imbecile. And I was right. I take no enjoyment in being right, it was arguably the easiest call ever. And yet one Keim still was able to screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeFan View Post
    Interesting. Is it because you don't think we need a WR or is it because you think we should draft a QB, regardless of who is available. Ridley is the consensus best WR in this year's draft. I would not be unhappy if we landed the consensus #1 at pick 15 for almost any position.
    I was not that impressed with him and watched him a lot .I think we can get a wr later in the draft every bit as good.

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeFan View Post
    You may be right, but I would wager Ridley will be off the board prior to 20th pick in first round.
    Because he is off that early doesn't mean he is worth it.

My anti-pick is any pick that we don't select as that is the one that I hope falls flat on their face.
    "Let's Shock The World" - Kurt Warner Jan 10, 2009 after defeating Carolina Panthers 33-13