Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: *Your Anti-Pick*

anyone who was "a combine guy"

decent production, but was amazing at the combine and at the Senior Bowl

If they weren't amazing on Saturday's ...they don't belong in the 1st round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care if the combine numbers say he's the next Jerry Rice, Berry Sanders or Tom Brady
    Last edited by Cardinals; 04-16-2018 at 02:38 PM.
    Owner

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Pretty much. But that's Zaz 101. Over-the-top absolutes. Then, when proven wrong, shift the premise.

I am actually quite interested in seeing what Nkemdiche can do as a 3-tech DT., which certainly seems to align with his skill set.
    Maybe we could have one thread not involving Nkemdiche and the same things you guys have argued in 25 other threads??

This thread is simply for who people do not want this year. Can one thread stay on point here....

Just in defence of Josh Allen, it's not just his size which is why he has hype, it is that coupled with his athleticism and his arm talent. I'm certainly not on the Josh Allen bandwagon but you can't deny he has all that going for him.

My three who I would prefer the Cardinals to keep away from are Ridley, Vea and Josh Jackson.

Ridley will be a 24 year old rookie. He is 6'0 and 189lbs and ran a 4.43 40 time, 31 inch vertical jump and a 6.88 three cone. His last year at college he played 14, had 63 receptions, picked up 967 yards and scored 5 TD's. For comparison Courtland Sutton (who also I wouldn't take at 15 but who I think has better upside) is going to be 21 as a rookie, is bigger at 6'3 218lbs, he has a slightly slower 40 times at 4.54 but jumps higher at 35.5 inches and has a faster 3 cone at 6.57. In his last year he played 13 games, had 68 receptions for 1085 yards and scored 12 TD's. My argument is I think Ridley is a pretty average athlete who looks a more polished route runner etc. because he has about 3 years more experience on the majority of the other guys. There is nothing standout about his game bar the fact he runs crisp routes, there is no X factor about him which I think a WR picked at 15 should have.

Vea will be controversial but he is a run stuffing nose tackle. Yes he has athletic ability and yes he has shown glimpses as a pass rusher but I don't think he is consistent enough with it. Vea isn't a bad player at all, let me make that clear, I just think it represents Keim being overly conservative in a position which isn't a high priority (thought we do need some help on the DL).

Josh Jackson is there because I don't trust his limited tape. I also think he is a massive scheme fit guy, I don't think his game is that versatile. I just personally don't think he is a better player than Oliver who has similar size and similar skill set but Jackson had a blue patch where he went pick crazy which rocketed him up boards. Him or Oliver in the second round would get a thumbs up from me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Just in defence of Josh Allen, it's not just his size which is why he has hype, it is that coupled with his athleticism and his arm talent. I'm certainly not on the Josh Allen bandwagon but you can't deny he has all that going for him.

My three who I would prefer the Cardinals to keep away from are Ridley, Vea and Josh Jackson.

Ridley will be a 24 year old rookie. He is 6'0 and 189lbs and ran a 4.43 40 time, 31 inch vertical jump and a 6.88 three cone. His last year at college he played 14, had 63 receptions, picked up 967 yards and scored 5 TD's. For comparison Courtland Sutton (who also I wouldn't take at 15 but who I think has better upside) is going to be 21 as a rookie, is bigger at 6'3 218lbs, he has a slightly slower 40 times at 4.54 but jumps higher at 35.5 inches and has a faster 3 cone at 6.57. In his last year he played 13 games, had 68 receptions for 1085 yards and scored 12 TD's. My argument is I think Ridley is a pretty average athlete who looks a more polished route runner etc. because he has about 3 years more experience on the majority of the other guys. There is nothing standout about his game bar the fact he runs crisp routes, there is no X factor about him which I think a WR picked at 15 should have.

Vea will be controversial but he is a run stuffing nose tackle. Yes he has athletic ability and yes he has shown glimpses as a pass rusher but I don't think he is consistent enough with it. Vea isn't a bad player at all, let me make that clear, I just think it represents Keim being overly conservative in a position which isn't a high priority (thought we do need some help on the DL).

Josh Jackson is there because I don't trust his limited tape. I also think he is a massive scheme fit guy, I don't think his game is that versatile. I just personally don't think he is a better player than Oliver who has similar size and similar skill set but Jackson had a blue patch where he went pick crazy which rocketed him up boards. Him or Oliver in the second round would get a thumbs up from me though.
    How did Keim already get involved with this proposed antipick?

And you don't think Wilks and Staff will have any say in who gets drafted?

Keim is just the final say If there is not a consensus opinion on any pick. He is the tie breaker, unless Micheal B overrides everyone.

Any pick in the 1st round that is not a QB of the future, and if we cant get one at 15 Keim needs to move up and get his guy.

For me it's a tie between the 2 QB Allen and Jackson. One is way over hyped considering what he did in college Allen. The other the only thing he has going for him is his athletics Jackson. What he got away with in college he won't in the NFL. I'd stay clear of both those guys at 15 let alone trading up for either one.

The only QB I'd trade up for in this class is Mayfield. Safest bet on all the QB coming out this year. You just don't do 70 percent completion 2 years in a row unless you have uncanning accuracy. I don't care what conference you play your college ball in. Plus he can scramble in the pocket and out of the pocket. He can also scramble for positive yards, and has enough smarts to slide at the right time. He is the only Qb coming out this year who checks all the boxes in what Parcells looks for in a QB.

Vea isn't a bad player at all, let me make that clear, I just think it represents Keim being overly conservative in a position which isn't a high priority (thought we do need some help on the DL)
    Its arguable DL is the 3rd greatest need behind CB2 and WR. And no, QB is not our #1 need. I dont consider the QB next year (2019) and beyond to be a dire need today. We currently have 0 CB2's. Thats a dire need today. We have a QB. Bradford. We do not have a CB2 or WRs behind Larry.

On the DL we have bodies but little talent on the interior. I would be thrilled with Vea or Hurst.

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    How did Keim already get involved with this proposed antipick?

And you don't think Wilks and Staff will have any say in who gets drafted?

Keim is just the final say If there is not a consensus opinion on any pick. He is the tie breaker, unless Micheal B overrides everyone.
    Haha I didn't mean it as a Keim bashing exercise. I just think it represents playing it very safe. Vea is a good player but it isn't a pick that gets my juices going.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Its arguable DL is the 3rd greatest need behind CB2 and WR. And no, QB is not our #1 need. I dont consider the QB next year (2019) and beyond to be a dire need today. We currently have 0 CB2's. Thats a dire need today. We have a QB. Bradford. We do not have a CB2 or WRs behind Larry.

On the DL we have bodies but little talent on the interior. I would be thrilled with Vea or Hurst.
    Fair shout, but I don't know whether the front office will agree. I have noticed Wilks has drilled in to us at most of his press conferences that he thinks the DL and OL need to be positions of strength, but we were never even linked to a guy like Star Lotulelei and Xaiver Williams was left to walk to KC. I know you don't like Nkemdiche but it will be interesting to see how he performs in a 4-3, same with Olsen Pierre. In terms of need I think CB2, WR, TE and C/G are all above DL in terms of need.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    The only QB I'd trade up for in this class is Mayfield. Safest bet on all the QB coming out this year. You just don't do 70 percent completion 2 years in a row unless you have uncanning accuracy. I don't care what conference you play your college ball in. Plus he can scramble in the pocket and out of the pocket. He can also scramble for positive yards, and has enough smarts to slide at the right time. He is the only Qb coming out this year who checks all the boxes in what Parcells looks for in a QB.
    Agree with every word, but I would say you could actually swap out "Parcells" with "any coach."

Put it this way: When the ONLY knock you consistently hear about a guy's on-the-field chops is "he's two inches too short," then that should be a GIANT clue that he's a sure thing.

Think about that for a second, you aren't going to take a guy who, if he was 6'2" instead of 6'0" (keeping all else the same,) would be the CONSENSUS #1 pick?

Silly.

He doesn't leave plays on the field, so his height is not affecting his sight lines or windows. He doesn't get passes batted down, so his height isn't affecting his throwing angle or ability to get the ball past the LOS.

So, tell me again why it matters that he's 6'0"???????

You nailed everything I was going to point out about Ridley. If the guy hadn't played at Alabama I don't think we would even know his name right now.

He had poor production, less than average size and speed, and the best thing people can say about him is "route running"...which is code for, he doesn't really do anything else well.

I wouldn't take Ridley until the 3rd round, I think there are much better WR's in this class.

That said, I have a really bad feeling he will be our pick.