Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardinals Sign TE Beau Sandland

Default Cardinals Sign TE Beau Sandland

If you made the effort to click lol

http://nfltraderumors.co/cardinals-s...beau-sandland/

never heard of him..camp body i rekon
    The Wilks era begin

To be expected, happened with BA, but its always funny to see the pipeline to X team when a new HC is brought in. Once Pittsburgh west, now we are Carolina west.

Not a bad thing I guess. Carolina has been competitive the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    To be expected, happened with BA, but its always funny to see the pipeline to X team when a new HC is brought in. Once Pittsburgh west, now we are Carolina west.

Way to early to label the new HC. But Zaz is right about folks working with their friends in high places. There's also an ugly word for that process, re nepotism, the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs. Who knows, maybe TE Sandland will stick around beyond Sept and actually produce.

5 TEs on the roster atm.
    84 Gresham, Jermaine TE 6-5 260 29 9 Oklahoma
    85 Holmes, Gabe TE 6-5 255 27 1 Purdue
    81 Sandland, Beau TE 6-5 255 25 1 Montana State
    86 Seals-Jones, Ricky TE 6-5 243 23 2 Texas A&M
    80 Williams, Bryce TE 6-5 260 25 1 East Carolina
    And Every one of them at 6'5".

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    Way to early to label the new HC. But Zaz is right about folks working with their friends in high places. There's also an ugly word for that process, re nepotism, the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs. Who knows, maybe TE Sandland will stick around beyond Sept and actually produce.
    I have split opinion on this.

The ugly example is BA. Who hires his son. And protects Amos.

RE Whiz or Wilks, I can understand the simple nature of "you hire what you know". If we have need for a TE, and theres 2 TEs to choose from, and youve worked with one in Carolina before, it makes sense that you take the guy you have experience with. Not necessarily because youre friends. Maybe they arent friends. Its just I know this person and what they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    People hire people they like, and trust. I don't read anything into this. If Wilks fills his roster / staff with a bunch of Carolina stiffs he'll fail and get back to looking for a DC job somewhere. I'm sure he knows that. Another cliche, people go with what they know vs. what they don't. If he's seen this guy do something in practice that's a known, vs. the unknown of another guy.

Arians filled his staff with at least one Pittsburgh and points prior stiff and was on his way to falling out of favor when he retired. He knew the Amos endgame was drawing closer.

This has to be more of a bringing in who you know than anything else at this point.

BA with his loyalty to Amos and Butler among others took a few years to become a lightning rod so I have to say it is way to early to tell if any of the stiffs Wilks is bringing in are of the same ilk.
    Last edited by boomer719; 04-17-2018 at 09:52 AM.

I have split opinion on this.

The ugly example is BA. Who hires his son. And protects Amos.

RE Whiz or Wilks, I can understand the simple nature of "you hire what you know". If we have need for a TE, and theres 2 TEs to choose from, and youve worked with one in Carolina before, it makes sense that you take the guy you have experience with. Not necessarily because youre friends. Maybe they arent friends. Its just I know this person and what they can do.
    I finished reading BA's book "The QB Whisperer" ...he states in there that once he hires a coach he'll never fire them. He says those relationships are too important.
    It was a good book, but when I got to that part I could not believe how stubborn he was re: Amos....the problem was in his face and he refused to do anything about it...year after year after year...special teams was a disaster.

There were a lot of good parts to the book...one being he always filled his trunk up with booze for the games....and after every game win or lose he had a tailgate at his car....he stated because he was a bartender in college...'once a bartender always a bartender"

regarding this TE: If he's learned anything under Olsen....good. We haven't had a TE worth a pint in my lifetime....and I'm old. Prior to this guy there wasn't a guy on the roster worth a 7th round pick.
    Last edited by Cardinals; 04-17-2018 at 10:34 AM.
    Owner

Darren Urban
    @Cardschatter

The point, in part, is that they are trying to conduct a pre-draft minicamp and that's hard to do if you don't have enough players.
    The Wilks era begin