Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Cincinnati OT Korey Cunningham - 7th round pick

Quote Originally Posted by Drachir View Post
    Sweet so you are saying we got 2 for the price of 1 as he can play both OT and TE?
    His vertical jump at his Pro day was 36" while weighing in at 311 lbs. Also played basketball 1st couple of years at UC. See SK and SW's latest video for more details on why they picked him.

Have no idea if the Staff envisions him as a TE in certain situations. ;) Only time will tell that tale.

Default Very Good Article about Korey Cunningham

Excerpts:
    * The 6'5", 305 lb. offensive lineman, who started every game at left tackle over the last two seasons at Cincinnati, is one of several former Bearcats who is hoping to hear his name called in next week's NFL Draft. Korey's stock rose at UC's Pro Timing Day last month when he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.88 seconds and posted a 35 Ĺ inch vertical jump. His 40-yard dash time would have been the second-fastest of any offensive lineman at the NFL Combine and his vertical jump was unsurpassed.

* According to the website Pro Football Focus, Cunningham played the most pass blocking snaps of any tackle in college football last year without allowing a sack (469). Korey earned second-team All-American Athletic Conference honors and an invitation to the NFLPA Collegiate All-Star Bowl, but he was not invited to the NFL Combine.

https://gobearcats.com/news/2018/4/1...ham-boone.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    Excerpts:
    * The 6'5", 305 lb. offensive lineman, who started every game at left tackle over the last two seasons at Cincinnati, is one of several former Bearcats who is hoping to hear his name called in next week's NFL Draft. Korey's stock rose at UC's Pro Timing Day last month when he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.88 seconds and posted a 35 Ĺ inch vertical jump. His 40-yard dash time would have been the second-fastest of any offensive lineman at the NFL Combine and his vertical jump was unsurpassed.

* According to the website Pro Football Focus, Cunningham played the most pass blocking snaps of any tackle in college football last year without allowing a sack (469). Korey earned second-team All-American Athletic Conference honors and an invitation to the NFLPA Collegiate All-Star Bowl, but he was not invited to the NFL Combine.

Has promise
    Adios Compadres ...Its been a HOOT!

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    I see we did pick up one FB as an UDFA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BdXtbpW0Bk
    Interesting! I was going to mention him or Hill from Michigan as a possible 7th round comp pick...they were the only 2 pure FBs in this yearís draft. You donít see these type of diet worker guys much any more but supposedly our new offense will utilize a FB. Another guy to block and open holes for DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    Excerpts:

Whoa. All those snaps not allowing a sack? Thatís impressive especially as Cincinnati doesnít play slouch teams.
    "Let's Shock The World" - Kurt Warner Jan 10, 2009 after defeating Carolina Panthers 33-13

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogsCards View Post
    That's what I see Cunningham as, a FB. Maybe some some TE, H back hybrid blocker type if he gets it, makes the team.
    A 300 lb plus FB or TE who has a knack for not allowing sacks would be an interesting addition to an Oline...

When I read his Pro day numbers I was amazed! Of course, he needs help with his tech

That kind of elite athleticism actually makes be very concerned. If youre bigger, stronger, faster than everybody else on the field....then why arent you the best? Why did you not dominate? The NFL only gets harder.

We'll see if Korey can hang, but if he hasnt been able to put it together by now with all of his advantages, thats a bad sign.
    Last edited by Zaz; 04-29-2018 at 02:49 PM.

The more i read about this kid the more i like...he could make the team i think
    Adios Compadres ...Its been a HOOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    That kind of elite athleticism actually makes be very concerned. If youre bigger, stronger, faster than everybody else on the field....then why arent you the best? Why did you not dominate? The NFL only gets harder.

We'll see if Korey can hang, but if he hasnt been able to put it together by now with all of his advantages, thats a bad sign.
    Quite frankly I donít understand it. He led ALL of college football with 469 snaps without giving up a sack. There is something more to this story than what is on the surface. Either he sucks really bad in run blocking or he didnít allow a sack because the 469 snaps he was on the bench. Surely the latter is not it but what gives? To not be invited to the combine doesnít make any sense at all. It wasnít like he face bad competition as Michigan is not a slouch. Something just isnít right here. Does he have issues off the field we donít know about?
    "Let's Shock The World" - Kurt Warner Jan 10, 2009 after defeating Carolina Panthers 33-13