Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Draft Review

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    678

    Default Draft Review

    What were the best and worst draft picks?

    I think he absolutely nailed rounds 1-3

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    5,857

    Default

    The Cardinals GM was certainly true to his word this off-season. He is aggressive, realistic, and opportunistic. And at the draft, Steve Keim showed us why he's the best guy for the Cardinals GM job. He even held is own v. the great Bill Belichick--I cite SK as his GM equal now.

    As drafts go, this one looks to be one of the best in years for the Cardinals. Time will tell as the players develop, play a few seasons, and complete their careers.

    Obviously Josh Rosen is the cherry on top of this draft class. I also like what Steve Keim did to backfill behind FAs and roster's thinner spots. WR, CB, and lineman will all help out almost immediately.

    Overall, solid draft class. Now on to signing a few UDFAs.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,267

    Default

    Most of the Media give the Cardinals an A grade for the Draft.
    I never thought one of the Quarterbacks would drop to #!0 and I don't
    think most draft fans did either. Steve Keim let the board fall to him
    unlike Buffalo. They got their guy Allen I will give them that. But is wasn't
    a bargain.

    If we can get one or two UDFA to make solid contributions. That will
    help us get back on track.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    5,878

    Default

    The first 2 pick were great. After that I dont know how I feel about the rest. Rosen will probably see the field at some point after Bradford goes down to injury. Kirk should see the most playing time this year. Still think he best spot would be the slot but as long as Larry keep playing he will most likely be on the outside and out of position. I dont expect any other player drafted to play much this year unless injury start to take a toll again.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FLCardinalFan View Post
    Most of the Media give the Cardinals an A grade for the Draft.
    I never thought one of the Quarterbacks would drop to #!0 and I don't
    think most draft fans did either. Steve Keim let the board fall to him
    unlike Buffalo. They got their guy Allen I will give them that. But is wasn't
    a bargain.

    If we can get one or two UDFA to make solid contributions. That will
    help us get back on track.
    I don't get how you arrive at that. Anytime a team is moving into the top 10 ostensibly to draft a QB, the team that is willing to trade down will require a premium be paid by the team wanting to move up. SK was able to actually pay LESS than the accepted value to move up those 5 spots. The Raider's GM has been chastised for even allowing that to happen. IMO, Keim and Reggie might have a good enough relationship that Keim will pay him back someday with a "solid".

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Paradise Valley, AZ
    Posts
    3,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    I don't get how you arrive at that. Anytime a team is moving into the top 10 ostensibly to draft a QB, the team that is willing to trade down will require a premium be paid by the team wanting to move up. SK was able to actually pay LESS than the accepted value to move up those 5 spots. The Raider's GM has been chastised for even allowing that to happen. IMO, Keim and Reggie might have a good enough relationship that Keim will pay him back someday with a "solid".
    Actually the Raiders trade worked out to be a win-win as I posted a thread about this.

    We got a QBOF and the Raiders traded our 3rd pick to the Steelers for WR Martavis Bryant.

    Back on topic. I am very pleased with our first 3 picks. Our others picks are normal picks and donít know enough to give an opinion either way.
    "Let's Shock The World" - Kurt Warner Jan 10, 2009 after defeating Carolina Panthers 33-13


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,934

    Default

    The 4th round pick was a head scratcher for me but maybe Keim sees something in this kid as a rb, special teams player. He has skills so we'll see if he's a steal but I'm wondering if Keim could have drafted him in the 6th round and maybe looked at cb in round 4. The first 3 picks in this draft were all A plus. 4-7 is a little murky but Campbell looks like he could be a good pick in round 6 if he can develop.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,961

    Default

    I should have had Keim negotiate my divorce he gets such great value so much better than my attorney.

    I would have really liked to have seen another OL or CB taken instead of a RB.
    He can make up for that by getting some good UDFA perhaps Wilks will earn an attaboy for finding a gem or 3
    Opinions are like armpits everyone has a couple & they usually stink.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Glendale, Home of Champions
    Posts
    5,465

    Default

    Keim typically finds good "value" in the later rounds in terms of players he likes, but badly overdrafts them out of fear someone else is gonna snatch them. None of the Day 3 guys we picked would have been taken before the 6th round, and probably not at all, and our UDFA list reads like a "Who?" rather than a "Who's Who".
    Once my pants are on, I make the playoffs- Ayy Zee Crazy

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AZCrazy View Post
    Keim typically finds good "value" in the later rounds in terms of players he likes, but badly overdrafts them out of fear someone else is gonna snatch them. None of the Day 3 guys we picked would have been taken before the 6th round, and probably not at all, and our UDFA list reads like a "Who?" rather than a "Who's Who".
    So you're saying he went after Edmonds too early.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •